Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

to Maddmatt

for myself I have made some tweaks of tank_dust, heli_dust, moving_dust// more natural then default// if you plan to continue the next version I can send you this part.....

Sure, send it to me and I'll try it out smile_o.gif

I want to release one last update in a while, within a month. I'll just call it version 1.0 I guess. I've got other things going on in my life so I need to finish with this mod pretty soon. Don't expect anything major, but annoyances like overdone sparks and muzzle smoke will be sorted out. And maybe more depending on my free time.

Hi, may be good or at least i'll like to get rid of the smoke cloud

produced when the bullets hit the ground; at +300m at certain day

time conditions... this smoke clouds obscure literally the whole prone

unit that you are shooting at. Ain't like it that way, at least. Let's C ya

Hi, may be good or at least i'll like to get rid of the smoke cloud

produced when the bullets hit the ground; at +300m at certain day

time conditions... this smoke clouds obscure literally the whole prone

unit that you are shooting at. Ain't like it that way, at least. Let's C ya

Same happens to some water splashes. edit: or similar - it's often outscaled

I'd like to add my vote to the above and reduce the size of dust kicks mainly for small arms.

The muzzle smoke seems a bit big too and causes whiteout on auto. That doesn't happen in real life...?

I just want to say thanks for this mod tho. It really is a MUST for ARMA.

It's not so much the size of the smoke kicked up, its the thickness of it that obscures vision.

BTW. Love the mod notworthy.gif

I thought TOW's were optically wireguided. That means that if the operator kept the reticle on target, that's where the missile hits. Haven't found that to be the case in ArmA.

Seems like a lot of folks have problems with this but it does work perfectly fine. I can deflect the TOW missile a large distance quite easily.

Update released

Check first post for info and link.

New in 1.0:

*Sparks toned down

*Various dust changed by Nikita, including chopper downwash, tank cannon dust and dust kicked up by moving vehicles

*Weapon firing smoke and dust toned down, more realistic and doesn't obscure vision.

*Tank cannon muzzleflash changed

*Building destruction effects optimised

*Other minor changes

This version is considered final. No updates will be released any time soon.

Not all the changes I was hoping to do have been done. But I had to release it soon because I wont have access to my gaming PC for much longer. My stuff will be getting packed up as I am moving to another country smile_o.gif

News + Mirror by ePrison.de

ArmA Effects mod v1.0 by Maddmatt

good work maddmatt!

Regards,

Stavanger

EDIT: Delete the old Mirror Combat-Prison! ePrison.de is the new Website, thanks Maddmatt.

EDIT2:

Quote[/b] ]The news on ePrison says "one of the best and most popular sound mods...".

Sound mod? biggrin_o.gif

upps sorry whistle.gif ,

Effects Mod, ok done.

Thanks MadDogX!

News + Mirror by ePrison.de

ArmA Effects mod v1.0 by Maddmatt

good work maddmatt!

Regards,

Stavanger

EDIT: Delete the old Mirror Combat-Prison! ePrison.de is the new Website, thanks Maddmatt.

The news on ePrison says "one of the best and most popular sound mods...".

Sound mod? biggrin_o.gif

Btw, great work Maddmatt!

Thanks for the dedication and hard work matt, I've been enjoying this/your mod(s) for a long time now TY yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]

New in 1.0:

* Sparks toned down

Is that a insult? mad_o.gif

Anyway, good going.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining things or not but the smoke now looks a bit less dense and seems to dissipate at lower altitude than the previous version. Of course it could be the wind in the mission I playtested so my apologies if I'm talking out my ass; the one thing I did notice is an overall 2 - 3 FPS gain in this latest version.

BTW, sparks look much better.

Great work Matt!

Quote[/b] ]

New in 1.0:

* Sparks toned down

Is that a insult? mad_o.gif

Not you, I mean the actual sparks created by bullet impacts in the game tounge2.gif

biggrin_o.gif

They were overdone before. Maybe they still are, but they look cool smile_o.gif

I'm not sure if I'm imagining things or not but the smoke now looks a bit less dense and seems to dissipate at lower altitude than the previous version.

Vehicle burning smoke? It hasn't been changed since 0.7, although I guess by "previous version" you are referring to an older version. I did tone down the smoke a while ago. FPS impact mainly, and to give it a better look. You can use DMSmokeEffects by DMarkwick in combination with ArmA Effects if you like though. Search the "Addons and Mods: Complete" section for it

First post has been updated with the mirrors.

I know some not all suggestions made it. I haven't spent as much time on this version as the others, so the difference isn't as big. I also didn't manage to get smoke to come out both guns on the AH6 due to lack of time. There are loads of other things I would have liked to do if I had the time confused_o.gif

Well it addresses the main issues, like the overdone sparks and weapon muzzle smoke. The new dust changes by Nikita also helped make it worth being released.

In just over a week my PC and stuff gets packed up and sent to my new home on the other side of the world. So no ArmA for about 2 months sad_o.gif

That's one reason I had to get this finished so soon.

Enjoy the mod smile_o.gif

Thanks a lot mate! Very much appreciated. Good luck with your move. smile_o.gif

Regards

Alex

just q,

why there is

math_armaeffects.pbo\particles\DMFireEffects.paa.old

and several copy of files ?

i know just inert files but 1.4MB less smile_o.gif

Is this backwards compaitble to older versions?

Also, did you change the bullet impact dust? Original was huge even at 100s of ft away.

errrm, I'm a bit reluctant to ask (since you've done a great job with this mod), but is there any chance of a "no-sparks"-version coming out? They still look very odd (especially when shooting at wooden things or tree trunks).

just q,

why there is

math_armaeffects.pbo\particles\DMFireEffects.paa.old

and several copy of files ?

i know just inert files but 1.4MB less smile_o.gif

Damn, I forgot about that texture file. Those files are there due to laziness I guess crazy_o.gif

Is this backwards compaitble to older versions?

Also, did you change the bullet impact dust? Original was huge even at 100s of ft away.

What do you mean by "backwards compaitble"? You replace the older versions with this. There is no reason for them to run together. There is an old version with a slightly different file name, as mentioned in the readme, that must be deleted.

Bullet impact dust was changed since version 0.7. It's pretty much the same size as the standard ArmA bullet impacts now. Only slightly different.

errrm, I'm a bit reluctant to ask (since you've done a great job with this mod), but is there any chance of a "no-sparks"-version coming out? They still look very odd (especially when shooting at wooden things or tree trunks).

I doubt I'll be releasing another version any time soon.

I know the sparks look odd when shooting wooden things, unfortunately ArmA doesn't allow for different effects for trees even though they seem to have their own impact effect set up in the config confused_o.gif

Thinking about it now, I guess the large spark that appears in the centre should have been removed.

But still, there is no reason to shoot at wooden things in ArmA biggrin_o.gif

Maybe ArmA 2 will allow for a larger variety of impact effects for different surfaces like wood.

The new version is superb! Still love the sparks, and liking the extra dust with building destruction. Top stuff.  thumbs-up.gif

Only a few minor niggles:

Perhaps change the fuel station fire to your new burning effect.

Same goes for the campfire, it looks very "textury" at the moment.

Why don't some effects show on 1.08. The other versions are still beta's and plenty of people still play 1.08