Sign in to follow this  
chris330

Can anyone recommend any good MMOG's

I'm afraid I've been sucked right back in by Battleground Europe! Never got the chance to give planetside a go. What are it's FPS issues like because BGE's FPS issue are terrible yet I still play!

BUZZARD @ Sep. 11 2007,11:31)]whisper, please do tell if/when the next Reserves program kicks in in Planetside, please... thumbs-up.gif

No information yet sad_o.gif

Well, thanx anyways whisper thumbs-up.gif , just be sure to drop a line here when/if it happens! thumbs-up.gif

Oh and chris330, I think that the biggest problem of Planetside would rather be its age... most of the bugs had been weeded out by the time the Reserves program got under way, I guess... but since I don't play as much as whisper, he'll probably be able to inform you better about it. smile_o.gif

Hi Buzzard,

Age don't bother me pal BGE is several years old and its graphics are poop! It's the experience I really like so age wouldn't put me off Planetside smile_o.gif

This isnt a MMO as such, but its a great free game and i saw Buzzard that u wanted some space sim thing ... its a fairly old game i think, and its now open sourced, it was named as Gamespots "Best game no-one played" some time ago:

http://www.freeallegiance.org/

Might tickle your fancy. Its free btw wink_o.gif i used to play it a while ago, quite a decent multiplayer space game, with strategy, construction + lots of features smile_o.gif

WoW

GuildWars

anarcy online

planetside

Dark age of camelot

so on and so forth. these games have been around for awhile now and that MUST mean their good right?

i personally never pay for a MMORPG. i just go find the cheap piles tounge2.gif

www.ogame.org

www.runescape.org

they just came out with a new game called 2moons. currently playing it. it's nothing special but it's free. the only catch is you will have to buy the game in storys and or DL it, and if you want to modify your character (how they look) you will have to pay for that. but you really dont need to ever pay again once you buy it.

http://2moons.acclaim.com/

bloody, fun, and this game was made for men... lol. women look slutty as hell (but i aint complaining biggrin_o.gif )

Hi guys, sorry for digging out this old thread but I guess thats what the search funtion is for :P

Anyway, I just made my fourth attempt playing the trial of EVE-Online and I finally got into it and is was, at least some kind of, fun.

(I tried it again since those EVE developers really know how to produce a trailer... each one is just epic!)

Now I got to a point where the trial doesn't let me learn new skills and I was really thinking of buying a month or so. Can anybody tell me what the game will be like after playing for more than just a few hours? I chose the industrial path with mining and building stuff and so on.

Will it always be like "Make a few clicks, activate autopilot, switch to desktop, wait for the lovely voice to say you're there and return to the beginning"?

What about exploring the amazing number of solar systems, are there any planets you can land on?

How does the "endgame" look like?

Thanks for your answers! :)

Edited by kavoven

Well I read about pirates but I don't know if you can be one.... I'd guess yes, since you can attack other ships in PvP systems

Any experts around? :D

World of Tanks is nice online game

World of Warcraft is by far the best Fantasy MMORPG on the marked.

Age of Connan is geting Free to play service, its a nice game.

Everquest 2 have a free to play system too.

To be honest i could spend the day listing games here. Give this list a look

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

EDIT:

OMG, now i have seen. You have dig out a 09 topic .-.

Edited by jhoson14

Star Wars: The Old Republic - at least I'm looking forward to that game :)

Battlestar Galactica Online is fun, I've played it a few times and it runs in your browser, so no big downloads.

Guild Wars 2 is going to be pretty epic and like GW1, it will have no monthly fees.