Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Who makes CTF maps?

Ok instead of moaning about the lack of CTF i am going to try to do somthing positive here. You have seen the title to the thread, so it will be intresting to find out who makes CTF maps for AA.

Maybe if we get some names here of people who don't have a dedicated server, but would like to see one of there CTF's on a server. Then maybe somone with a dedicated clan server could message that person from here to check there map out.

I can remember a guy comming onto a server i was on one day and asking use to disconnect and join his crappy isp. He wanted use to test a CTF he had made and tbh its probably one of the better CTF's i have seen in this game.

If i dont see any names here then i guess i've been right all along about CTF dying out soon.

SBS have put together a map making team, and there are several maps in various states of development. The maps will be CTF medium to large sized and they will be working in tune with the environment, not against it, ie not a random lot of buildings dropped in an area.

Hope to have the first one ready for beta on our server asap wink_o.gif

I am delighted to see a change of attitude in you Dudester!

the cup is half full wink_o.gif

some USI, including myself, have made CTF maps.

a 16 player vehicle CTF called Disorder is HERE - DL hosted @ onlinewarfare.net

It has the same 'flavor' as my OFP map of the same name. pistols.gif

it is indeed a sizeable effort to make one good map, let alone more (gj all you map makers notworthy.gif )

we spent a considerable amount of time making maps, but with summer upon us, most of our gaming time is devoted to gaming, rather than editing.

Hey Dudester,

link to my map below:

Link to my map

I'd like to make more but unless ppl actually start playin more than the usual 3/4 ctf maps (you all know the usual suspects) i feel that its a bit of a wasted gesture.

"The maps will be CTF medium to large sized and they will be working in tune with the environment, not against it, ie not a random lot of buildings dropped in an area."

lmao couldnt agree with you more Delta wink_o.gif

*edit Just checked the D/L link for my map and its down at the mo ffs, if anyone wants my map then pm me , i'll arrange to email it over to you

SBS have put together a map making team, and there are several maps in various states of development. The maps will be CTF medium to large sized and they will be working in tune with the environment, not against it, ie not a random lot of buildings dropped in an area.

Hope to have the first one ready for beta on our server asap wink_o.gif

if you need to attack Frantic's map why do you play them all day long ? if he would not put such an effort in mapmaking, there would'nt even be 1 CTF Server.

i would make alota maps if i would see a future for them...

guerilla @ July 09 2007,13:23)]
SBS  have put together a map making team, and there are several maps in various states of development. The maps will be CTF medium to large sized and they will be working in tune with the environment, not against it, ie not a random lot of buildings dropped in an area.

Hope to have the first one ready for beta on our server asap    wink_o.gif

if you need to attack Frantic's map why do you play them all day long ? if he would not put such an effort in mapmaking, there would'nt even be 1 CTF Server.

i would make alota maps if i would see a future for them...

I dont play them anymore simply because im bored with CQB and camping around corners. In their context they are good maps, i am simply bored shitless of the CQB context.

If your trying to pick an arguement with Delta then do it over PM. this AINT the place for your rant.

Its a place for getting more open CTF maps up there where you have to rely on more than speed and trigger response time

No offence, but all i ever see is Frantics maps been played. Now i'm not sure if Frantic chooses to do this because its the clan server, or if it is because of a lack of other CTF maps around.

I just hope if we get a list going here then more dedicated servers will upload different CTF's, and not just consider there own maps.

Quote[/b] ]if you need to attack Frantic's map why do you play them all day long ?

<Scratches head in puzzlement> Who said anything about Frantic's maps ? Personally I rather like Tandag, ClearCut and Cayo even if I do disagree with Frantic on his approach to spawn protection biggrin_o.gif Since he's put the effort in to create them though and is one of the few people to have done so, all credit to him.

[sBS] mac

Attacking Frantic? How am i doing that please explain?

If you are referring to my phrasing concerning the randomness of some of the building arrangement in some of the maps, then you are reading it wrong and also making false accusations.

For the record if it wasnt for Frantic there wold not be a CQB/CTF scene at all in Arma, as mac said he has put the effort in and all credit to him.

Now stop stirring shit, if you want to get into a discussion with me regarding my remarks about building alignment in some maps then feel free to pm me, dont try to derail a topic that needs all the help it can get at the moment, ie lack of CTF in Arma.

I have stopped making new CTF missions.

Its funny that everybody thinks that i have made only CQB missions.

Never thought that Everon, Monte Yorito, Smash Tiberia and Ortego Overkill are CQB.

At the beginning of ArmA i tried to make as many different kinds of CTF missions as possible.

But after seeing only the CQB missions played on servers i stopped making larger or medium sized CTF missions.

I have used the Gc CTF ladder as testing ground to find out which kind of missions people want to play.

Cayo was played by far at most, so i took the normal decision and created more missions in that size.

Soon i will release my last CTF missions pack (it will be the 1-06 Gc missions pack) and after that my support for the CTF community in ArmA will be over.

Im going to create new game-modes and will just support my clan with it.

Public gaming in ArmA is close to be impossible with all the cheaters, so i see no sense in making any public missions anymore.

Lets all hope that a big wonder will happen and everybody will play CTF again.

notworthy.gif

Is it my imagination or has the CTF scene starting picking up in the last week or so? There were 8 servers, with decent numbers of players, playing CTF last night.

I think what we need are scheduled leagues, ala CZL/TNT. Then we will see more clans popping up i reckon.

Edit: Cheating is a pain yes, but the problem aint all that bad that the game is rendered unplayable. My own experience and the experience of my clan (SBS) would state that cheating can be endured (Maybe once a week we gotta kick someone, thats all)

I have stopped making new CTF missions.

Soon i will release my last CTF missions pack (it will be the 1-06 Gc missions pack) and after that my support for the CTF community in ArmA will be over.

Im going to create new game-modes and will just support my clan with it.

Public gaming in ArmA is close to be impossible with all the cheaters, so i see no sense in making any public missions anymore.

Lets all hope that a big wonder will happen and everybody will play CTF again.

Nice on Frantic, i try to get a thread going about a list of CTF map makers and you come along to say your not making anymore, giving reasons wich may put others of making them.

I find it funny how you comment with such positives on my negative posts, yet you respond with negativity when i try to do somthing positive.

All i asked for was a list of people who make ctf maps. Not a list of the ones that are stopping making them.

Nice on Frantic, i try to get a thread going about a list of CTF map makers and you come along to say your not making anymore, giving reasons wich may put others of making them.

I find it funny how you comment with such positives on my negative posts, yet you respond with negativity when i try to do somthing positive.

All i asked for was a list of people who make ctf maps. Not a list of the ones that are stopping making them.

Since Frantic has made the crushing majority of CTF maps that are actively played, I think it's appropriate to give a status of his map making activities in a topic bearing a name like this.

yeah Celery is right.

Its up to you other mission-makers out there now, cause i have stopped my work for CTF.

I have invested a lot of time to create 25 CTF missions.

Maybe other mission-makers thought, "why should i make CTF missions if Frantic makes every week a new one?"..i just thought it would be fair if i tell you all that i wont make any new ones.

Im sorry Dudester if im hurting your feelings, but maybe i find the urge again to finish the other CTFs which are half-finished on my harddrive.

Im looking forward to see the CTF missions of you other mission-makers.

wink_o.gif

BTW: EDM is making CTF missions, it just needs the editorupdate1-02 to play it.

yeah Celery is right.

Its up to you other mission-makers out there now, cause i have stopped my work for CTF.

I have invested a lot of time to create 25 CTF missions.

Maybe other mission-makers thought, "why should i make CTF missions if Frantic makes every week a new one?"..i just thought it would be fair if i tell you all that i wont make any new ones.

Im sorry Dudester if im hurting your feelings, but maybe i find the urge again to finish the other CTFs which are half-finished on my harddrive.

Im looking forward to see the CTF missions of you other mission-makers.

BTW: EDM is making CTF missions, it just needs the editorupdate1-02 to play it.

Your not hurting my feelings at all, but is this the real reason you have stopped making maps, or the other reason regarding the cheats. If its the latter, fair enough i don't blame you at all, but if its about the cheats i really wouldn't let them hurt or get to you.

I made a shit load of CTF maps in ofp and no cheat ever stopped me making them. The only time i stopped is when i used to turn up for a game of ofp and there was hardly anyone left on my clan. Thats when i gave up on ofp as a game.

Now i have forgotten how to make the maps, its been that long. I have tried to depbo a CTF map to save me alot of bother in making one, but i cannot find the bloody folder that has saved my online multiplayer ctf's i have played.

I just want a map that has all the ammo creates and triggers then i'll start doing my bit again for ctf.

-Ziggy- @ July 12 2007,03:48)]try  looking  here

"C:\Documents and Settings\WOTAFAG\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache"

wink_o.gif

Ok once i have depbo the map what folder do i add it to so that i can edit it in the editor.

yup take the folder the depbo created and put it in your missions folder under your profile not in main folder.

I am going to make a CTF map.

yeah wanna see it!

smile_o.gif

im still finalizing my Gc v1-06 maps and i have found some nice old unfinished maps on my missions folder, so there will be released new CTF maps made by me in the near future.

wink_o.gif

im going to make nearly all of my MCY CTF missions pack to 30players sized missions, so 15vs15 will maybe increase the CTF server numbers.

:P

My CTF map is going to be fought with biplanes, it's ready soon. crazy_o.gif

Can someone make me a template of a CTF and flasgfight mission for 8 players? Then i just can edit and add units and stuff.

Or can someone explain to me how i can..

1) use the wizard and then actually edit the mission myself and change things (like i could with OFP when i used a wizard and still change wp's etc.

2) how to make the map largers (the area where the CTF takes place. I prolly need (1) for that.

3) can point me out to some good tutorials and/or good scripts like vehicle respawn, player with weapons respawn etc etc.

Thanks for any reply smile_o.gif and help. Im going to make a load of CTF's and flagfights when i finally understand the editor. It is almost the same as flashpoint but after i use a wizard i can't seem to change wp's etc.