Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Who makes CTF maps?

You should never use a wizard if you want to make maps seriously. Real maps are made in the editor and notepad. I suggest you crack open an MCY CTF map or Hexenkessel and copy the triggers, units, game logics and markers to another map location. Studying how other maps work is the best lesson you can get.

im going to make nearly all of my MCY CTF missions pack to 30players sized missions, so 15vs15 will maybe increase the CTF server numbers.

:P

yeah, and it should also help the way those maps are played.

I personally I believe 10 v 10 is ideal, but hey, 15v15 is an improvement!

the cup is half full, eh Frantic? wink_o.gif

You should never use a wizard if you want to make maps seriously. Real maps are made in the editor and notepad. I suggest you crack open an MCY CTF map or Hexenkessel and copy the triggers, units, game logics and markers to another map location. Studying how other maps work is the best lesson you can get.

Aye, that is how i did it with OFP. But there i used the wizard 1st and then studied how all the triggers for flag capturing works etc. then i made my own using the wizard as template adding units and custom scripts.

But i will try to open an existing player made CTF map. Guess that is the only way then. Anyone know where i can find good flagfight missions to download which i can depbo for own use?

My CTF map is going to be fought with biplanes, it's ready soon.  crazy_o.gif

Sounds like it could be a laugh biggrin_o.gif I've had a similar map in mind before but i never got off my arse to try and make it :P

Looking forward to it in other words pistols.gif

@ Gorgi Knootewoot: dont use the scripts of _ Pongi _´s map, cause that seems to be a very old version of the MCY CTF script.

Here are the newest available ones. wink_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....ns+pack

looking forward to see more new CTF map-makers, maybe some of the old OFP veteran map-makers will come back...

if your gonna use scripts of another existing mission, then dont forget to give credits to the maker of the scripts, cause thats a hell of a work too.

if your gonna make a modified version of an existing mission, then dont forget to give credits to the original mission version maker.

just this two lill things are needed, if you dont have the skills to make ur own scripts, or mission.

i think that this is just fair for the time the scriptor or map-maker has invested in making the scripts or mission.

CTF Camel Style is almost finished, it only needs a little touching up now. Playing it with big teams is extremely fun!

I can confirm the above ^^

"Red 5 going in!"

Go to the MCY server people and check it out.. Read the breifing before you start flying by the way :P

"Fall into attack Formation tounge2.gif "

Was good fun today Cel and Jack xmas_o.gif

@ Gorgi Knootewoot: dont use the scripts of _ Pongi _´s map, cause that seems to be a very old version of the MCY CTF script.

Here are the newest available ones. wink_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....ns+pack

looking forward to see more new CTF map-makers, maybe some of the old OFP veteran map-makers will come back...

if your gonna use scripts of another existing mission, then dont forget to give credits to the maker of the scripts, cause thats a hell of a work too.

if your gonna make a modified version of an existing mission, then dont forget to give credits to the original mission version maker.

just this two lill things are needed, if you dont have the skills to make ur own scripts, or mission.

i think that this is just fair for the time the scriptor or map-maker has invested in making the scripts or mission.

I got 2 scripts i wanted to use (which i used in all my OFP flasgfight/CTF missions) and those are vehicle respawn and a script so you spawn with all your weapons again. Im looking through forum now to find them for ArmA, as i think they prolly will smile_o.gif

Thanks for the link, it's very usefull.

BLI are making CTF missions, but they are banning every other mission-maker on their server, so watch out!

icon_rolleyes.gif

BLI are making CTF missions, but they are banning every other mission-maker on their server, so watch out!

icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, they banned me and Frantic for copying their maps, because we are using the same scripts as they are which they took from our maps. thumbs-up.gif

they banned me and Frantic for copying their maps, because we are using the same scripts as they are which they took from our maps.

LoL, if its not a lack of maps, its someone been petty about somone stealing another persons scripts. I mean comon, its hardly the crown jewels, or even a cream cake. I pissed myself laughing when i saw this post. What would possess somone to ban somebody over a script. That will mean 2 less players on there server when its bad enough trying to fill a server. I bet anything this person also has a lock on his cookie jar at home rofl.gif

And it wasn't even us stealing anything, it was BLI who carbon-copied the MCY maps and claimed that we are the copycats. I guess that's how it goes in Italy.

And it wasn't even us stealing anything, it was BLI who carbon-copied the MCY maps and claimed that we are the copycats. I guess that's how it goes in Italy.

Always the same old pictures about Italy...