Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Fastroping Addons Thread

This is what I'am waiting for, for a very long time, don't you have a better pic with better light. It looks awesome m8, nice job! notworthy.gif

Lennard. wink_o.gif

Could anyone imagine doing this on evo, dropping an AT Soldier, sniper and a spotter on the biggest roof in a city and raining hell?

Just a little update, I've been playing around with this addon lately, I've got the rope moving a bit more realistically, and I've been searching the stock anims for an appropriate animation for fastroping guys. I got the release rope working, and the rope does bunch up as a falling rope would (although it explodes on impact right now because its an invisible car with a flag proxy rofl.gif ). I'm trying to get better aquainted with .sqf scripts but some of it is pretty confusing, but I'd like to stay away from .sqs. I learn new stuff every day so I'm happy! I've also been working on a workhorse\tech demo vehicle, the sexy black MH-60L....

I'm kind of an antennaphile, so I like my blackhawks covered in sensors and flare launchers! Its all on the up and up too, no hacked or ripped models, I just made all the extra bits like the nose dome and antennas as a separate model, config it as a soldier, and through a run-once script I put it into a certain seat of the chopper. The back row of seats will be gone and replaced with the aux fuel tanks. I'm starting on the flare launchers and the side winch, so they aren't in this pic. I'm planning on having working flares, but I've also started work on some "helicasting" action, where you drop a boat and your guys jump out into it. Because the extra bits are classed as a soldier, it can have a weapon proxy so I can use the original dingy model to make it look like its attached to the blackhawk, so I don't have to setpos anything to make it look good. Anyways, its been sooo hot here lately that I've been unable to do anything outside, so I've been working hard on some of my projects.

P.S. I AM going to make the MH-60K with, yes, the super awsome refueler probe that makes it look super bad ass!!!

Hi, your Pavehawk looks amazing dude, seriously. I can't wait to see it with the refueling boom. Do think you'll be doing the Lima with the ESSS, and/or the DAP variant?

That would certainly be SUPER AWESOME!!!! notworthy.gif

Super smashing great that mh-60l looks serious. Interesting way of edditing the models ... anyway good luck with it

Top update Sakura-Chan! Ingenious way of editing the model too! Any rough idea when we'll be able to try this out? Months? Weeks?

Very innovative way of modding, Sakura Chan !

By the way, do you think it could be used as a concept for others ? Like, equipping a certain "virtual object/soldier" through a script, which then gives you access to specific functions or even weapons.

Keep up your good work ! I still hope to see new screens of your rope addon AND of your new sky textures... wink_o.gif

Malick

equipping a certain "virtual object/soldier" through a script, which then gives you access to specific functions or even weapons.

yeah, thats kind of what its about. You could add weapons that would work through eventhandlers, or add features like fastroping to a chopper. This only really works if you have an empty cargo seat though, so it is limited somewhat. The blackhawk was easy to do because it has a lot of seats, and the 4 seats farthest back will be covered with the auxillary fuel tanks, so no one will even notice the empty seat. I hope that someday I can edit the real model, but I doubt that the tools will let you.

Ah, fastroping, i remember the fastroping (M?)H60 from BAS for OFP. Can't wait to see fastroping in ArmA.

Quote[/b] ]How would a Half Life like physics engine enhance the gameplay of Armed Assault?

I can think of about ten ways right off the top of my head. It's amazing to me that anyone is releasing games without them, frankly.

For one immediate thing, convincing fastroping would be a heck of a lot easier to pull off.

Is there any chance of us seeing a similar thing done by you for the East Helicopters, would certainly add a new dynamic to it.

Sigma-6, I relish the day when a game like ArmA comes out and has HL2/Realistic Physics and that material engine thing that Lucas Arts is working on

I don't think MI-8s and Hinds are capable of fastroping. Not sure though. Wikipedia is your friend :P

the sexy black MH-60L....

mh60l.jpg

I'm kind of an antennaphile, so I like my blackhawks covered in sensors and flare launchers! Its all on the up and up too, no hacked or ripped models, I just made all the extra bits like the nose dome and antennas as a separate model, config it as a soldier, and through a run-once script I put it into a certain seat of the chopper. The back row of seats will be gone and replaced with the aux fuel tanks. I'm starting on the flare launchers and the side winch, so they aren't in this pic. I'm planning on having working flares, but I've also started work on some "helicasting" action, where you drop a boat and your guys jump out into it. Because the extra bits are classed as a soldier, it can have a weapon proxy so I can use the original dingy model to make it look like its attached to the blackhawk, so I don't have to setpos anything to make it look good. Anyways, its been sooo hot here lately that I've been unable to do anything outside, so I've been working hard on some of my projects.

P.S. I AM going to make the MH-60K with, yes, the super awsome refueler probe that makes it look super bad ass!!!

I'd just like to say that your helo is so freakin cool. It's awesome. And ya, the 60k will be really badass.

The sooner everyone can get there hands on these, the better. Really great work dude. notworthy.gif

I don't think MI-8s and Hinds are capable of fastroping. Not sure though. Wikipedia is your friend :P

Apparantly it is, at least the MI-8

Here

And MI-17's which are the ones ingame Here

i think i wet myself a little when i saw that BH

looking forward ma' thumbs-up.gif

Here

Fair enough. That'd be cool to see. And with a chinook.

Looks great! I hoping that the DAP and the PAVE LOW models will be made too. It's a shame that the BAS Helicopters haven't made it over into ArmA. They are the bomb in OPF.

Who says they wont?

Uhh, edit to clarify: They wont come to ArmA in the form they are in OFP (see other posts about performance, optimisation and whatnot)

Well we need some special forces type helos like the Pave Low and the MH-60. The little birds are great, but its about time that we got some more. (i know, i shouldnt be complaining, and should be making addons)

Thats just my two cents.

What id really like though is a pavelow with 2 miniguns on the side, and a 50 cal on the tail ramp. that would be schweet! whistle.gif

It's done!

A friend of mine has done a way to fastroping!

I have only seen a video, he will realese everything the next Sunday so i must be patient.

If he allows me i will post the video of the units fastroping themselves.

Note: the anim is the sit animation, he hadn't any other, and in the video the anim of the rope desending and disengaging it's not there, i don't know how it will be and i neither know how anyone will be able to select the action (maybe the menu action in the chopper, like BAS).

Well, i will post the video later.

Everything it's done by RAVEN, from Red Army Veterans (www.armedassault.com.ar Spanish)

Here

Yeah apparantly only one of the police versions of the hind is equipped with fast roping equipment

It's about time someone went and yoinked BAS's stuff, they always were a bunch of high-minded cranks always taking, taking, taking from the community, running roughshod with their holier than thou attitude, nice to see that someone has the decency to go and grab their work and spread it around for the rest of the community who's sick and tired of those self-righteous cranks stabbing the community in the back. inlove.gif

Hey Yossarian, got anymore pics or a progress report on that MH-60??

Im assuming that it wont be released untill the fastropi ng scripts are perfected. any input?

It's about time someone went and yoinked BAS's stuff, they always were a bunch of high-minded cranks always taking, taking, taking from the community, running roughshod with their holier than thou attitude, nice to see that someone has the decency to go and grab their work and spread it around for the rest of the community who's sick and tired of those self-righteous cranks stabbing the community in the back. inlove.gif

WTF?? mad_o.gif