Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Less and less CTF players.

Directed at everyone who wants the animations changed: What excactly is wrong with them? And do you want to change them? because you feel you cant play a 'reflection/reaction based game' and have to rely on other things (long planning etc) to win?

(Not saying one is better then the other, its just that some people enjoy the one more then the other, and both OFP and ArmA where always more directed at the tactics crowd)

The animations are rigid, unflexible and sometimes bugged. Flashpoint had it pretty much right except for the gun on the far right side that created the corner camping problem. In Flashpoint switching from jog to sprint and back was smooth and the controls felt more immediate. In Armed Assault controlling a soldier feels more like driving a vehicle or giving commands to a robot that performs its actions in due time.

I'd like to clarify to you that slow controls doesn't equal "tactics", you can have just as good plans with smooth animations. The same rambos are on top of the score list regardless of the animations.

However i never noticed that robotic feeling, ArmA feels the same as OFP IMO. I always guessed that it had to do with the fact that i usually play alot slower then most CTFers. (Especially the hexenkessel kind)

Are you sure you dont experience something like (possibly less bad then)this, or this?

Are you sure you dont experience something like (possibly less bad then)this, or this?

In addition to rigid and unflexible animations which are part of the vanilla game, I experience those too due to a sub-standard computer.

ctf is just weak..ArmA will never match OFP. your aswell playing CTF in ofp and have fun in ArmA on the C&H games.

simple. plus the main cheaters have left OFP..

With decent player animations this game would of been good in all game types, and i'm sure there would of been alot more then 3 or 4 CTF servers every night.

Its ok for people to keep saying "get used to it" but how is that possible? Get used to your player continuing to move forward when you have taken your finger of the keyboard? its just annoying and frustrating if you ask me, and not somthing i can get used to.

I have already seen people trying to counter these movement problems. A good example been, players quicky leaning to one side so as to come to a direct stop after sprinting. If this is what people are trying to do to bring themselves to a halt quicker, then the question remains? Why put this hindrance in the game in the first place.

I like this game to a degree and still play it, but with only 3 to 4 CTF servers ever night how long can it last. We need changes fast is all i can say.

Btw: Celery has been the one thats 100% right with what he says about animations. I just hope someone takes it onboard and does somthing about it quick.

Ill tell ya whats wrong.. not any new matches being made.. or not enough fast enough.. everyone plays the same dam game over and over.. u said it.. evo.. 50 servers.. all have evo with 2 people in.. wow.. how fun..

instead of using common sense and merging those 50 servers with 2 people and having one or 2 kick arse games.. they sit there..like tools..

Honestly to me.. berserker.. crap.. all the ctf's and evo.. crap.. it's all monotony.. all repetitious.. nothing new to look at and people seem to love to control the pace of your game at all costs..

how many boards are there u can join and just go fly in anything u want? like 0, count em.. and thats why the servers are dieing down.. and I see them dieing down and anyone else playing has too..

people actually join my 8 person max matches just because their fun and new and have some kind of originality to them.. if I see another berserker match or evo, I'll just puke..lol..

make a new berskerker match bersker guys... it's old.. the first ones were nice.. but it's old now, it's simple and it's bland.. I'd rather drink a cup or water than join one of those matches..

Someone offered me and my bro DavidB, server access after seeing the games my brother and I make on our private server, so I hope soon I can get that running for those of you who are in need of your fix..lol.. like me biggrin_o.gif..

We have 3 custom boards so far.. and NOTHING touches them at all.. not even close.. and they will never go main stream likely.

why? cause to many punks don't deserve to play it after we spend months making them and beta testing them. thats what they get for being punks....

fair warning.. you see my name on the UNLEASHED server and join my game with any kind of immaturity and dont listen or think your gonna go off on your own and not play like a team on co-op games... i wont boot.. I'll ban... straight up..

I dont care.. 30 years old and I don't have kids for a reason.. get slick.. poof.. have fun acting slick to the waiting room.. this is one room where rules are STRICTLY enforced..

you come in cool.. you'll have more fun than any of this crud I see going on, guaranteed..

I'm a great guy and I never talk down to people.. but I don't babysit.. at all..

good luck all.. happy hunting wink_o.gif

D007, you sound like your missions or "boards" are a godsend gift to only the most righteous of players. What are your missions about and what makes them so good that the mainstream doesn't even deserve to play them?

@doo7

why not post up your missions for the the community to check out id like to take a look at them not that many good maps out there.....

what are they CTF's ? C&H ? DM's ? letd see them yay.gif

@D007

I to would like some info on your missions. I think it would be a refreshing change to see some good maps.

This game has an unlimited amount of maps if only people realised there was an editor, and could see beyond games like hexenkessel.

The crap thing about making maps and using the editor is placing the buildings and walls side by side. Can BIS not come up with somthing that makes this task a little easier.

On another point, it is my view that the Bezerker maps have saved this game from been extinct, its currenty them maps that hold the most players. I do however wish that he would make somemore, only because i enjoy them. Maybe infantry based only would be good next time.

I also think an objective based map would be good (i don't mean coop) somthing like blowing some fuel stations up or some type of objective.

pistols.gif

Wednesday nights (est) USI server hosts CTFs, many made by our members.

DMs are played to warm up or to past time while the server populates.

I remain hopeful that soon we can say that for every night, but Wednesdays are for certain that we will field enough players to get a CTF going.

I will make an effort to motivate myself and other USI to create a new maps so that each week may have something different to offer.

Our server will most likey be passworded on days other than Wednesday to prevent beta maps from being prematurely distributed.

We don't care to have the server populated without a USI admin present, either.

The best thing USI can offer to the community right now is playing the game and being creative.

biggrin_o.gif

I really look forward to my Wednesday night games, as I have more fun in those few hours than I have all week, and I hope to see some of you visit.

So D007, wanna show your missions to the curious public? smile_o.gif

i saw D007 playing "crap" maps all the time.

so let's see what he's got. can't wait. thumbs-up.gif

I too would like to see something new. The nothing will touch them part is the most interesting point. You should know there are some projects in the works that are using scripts and systems beyond what has even touched the forums. It's a bold statement to make on here along with anywhere else. Plus I almost never see you posting on the scripting areas giving input to people or asking questions. So are they plain jane editor missions that have no scripts to them? If they use scripts then what for? What do they do that no one else will ever touch? Did you write all the code for them?

I am just curious, i have put a ton of time into my stuff and i don't think it compares to even the default missions yet. I have so many months of dev into scripts along with all the software developed to make my missions work. Though I don't think they will be a success. Even more so with the state of things lately.

If anything I don't care about the mission's themselves, i am more curious what you have done that is so ahead of everyone else on here. You posted how great they were so I think at least an explanation of what they are is in order.

Well if anyone is looking for people playing games that are fun and are not Evo.

biggrin_o.gif

On the 88th Blue Devils Server we are constantly playing

DMs (Some of which are Celery's *Very Fun*)

CTFs (A Very wide range of them)

Berzerk, C&H Games from Karr, and many others

Possibly even a fun Coop

We are also Beta Testing the upcoming MFCTI

xmas_o.gif

We also are hosting games that are fun yet different.

Maniac Island http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=60933

Essential DM Collection Mk.1 http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=63088

Dead At Dawn http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=65699

pistols.gif

Serial Killer 07' Edition -Very Fun hunting game from OFP

RPG Crime -Kill the AI in a Mafia filled town and earn better weapons

RC Sahrani Race -Fun racing game, from a short track to racing the ENTIRE Island!!!

welcome.gif

So if your ever interested in playing on the 88th BD Server we have dedicated players on from 1500-2400 Pacific Standard Time

@D007

Alot of people who read these forums do not fall into your category of been punks, or slicks poofs, so can you tell them abit more about your missions? if you choose not to your long topic just seems a waste of your time, as will the time it took you to make your missions, if your not going to share them amongst the Armed assault community.

I also don't think its right that you call the beserker maps "Crap" especially when the guy who makes these maps, is an active member on these forums. Just because they have been over played, it doesn't make them crap, as it is he always actively trying to improve on them.

You say you don't talk down to people and yet call his maps crap, and say they want to make you puke? if i took time out to do any unpaid work. i would'nt want someone calling it crap anytime after.

dudester how long did it take you to make that post, cuz I think its crap  rofl.gif

last night:

8 consecutive 30 min maps with more than 15 players, thanks!

I know its only one night and one server, but its something!

<ul>

DM 16 Vanilla v1.04                       8

Tequila Sunset                              9

CTF [MCY] 60 CLEAR-CUT v06      16

CTF(2-24) - Little Sahrani V2        19

CTF_2-16_Disorder_v2                16

CTF 20 Arcadia                           18

CTF(2-20) - ThE JuNkYaRD           19

CTF_KingOfMyCastle_by_Knipper  20

CTF_20_Rain_God beta                20

CTF(2-30) - SuiCiDe KiNGz           17

CTF(2-30) - SuiCiDe KiNGz            6

CTF [MCY] 40 Camel Style v1.00    9

Honestly to me.. berserker.. crap.. all the ctf's and evo.. crap.. it's all monotony.. all repetitious.. nothing new to look at and people seem to love to control the pace of your game at all costs..

so the most played missions and game-types are crap?..so i guess you think that all players, the majority of ArmA players, are playing only crap missions?..so you think that most of the ArmA community is just crap?

Evolution is for sure not a crap mission, its instead of that a really great mission with only one problem, that its overplayed.

BerZerk missions are the most played PvP missions, often with the most population, so i guess they cant be so crappy at all.

And if you think that CTF is crap, then i can just apologies for that, cause i made the majority of CTF missions out there. icon_rolleyes.gif But i can confirm that many of them are really crap. biggrin_o.gif

In my opinion you are just wasting your time here, if you are not willing to give your work to the community, so that we all can have fun and enjoy ArmA with it.

You are talking down here to the people who are supporting ArmA, who are willing to give the ArmA community what it needs and wants, not always with success but we try it at least.

Your missions seems to be really great if they are not worth it to make them public and you seem to be a really great guy, who has not shown anything but to talk down to everyone else. tounge2.gif

So stop wasting your and our time with writing promising and insulting posts and publish your missions!

We are all waiting here for new missions and game-types, cause we love ArmA and wanna have new stuff to play on it.

But this thread here goes just about the fact that there are not many CTF players online at ArmA, so it seems you have chosen the wrong thread for your post.

Next time please take your time and read the title of a thread. wink_o.gif

sorry for the long text. tounge2.gif

back on topic:

Im still working on the new Gc CTF missions, but i think i will have it soon.

I have overworked nearly every mission of the first 1-06beta pack.

Here the newest versions: Gc-Mappack-v1-06beta2

But only one has 15vs15 player-slots, the others are under construction.

I have to make a new version of ClearCut for Gc, then the pack will be ready for league action with 10 missions in it.

Lets hope that will bring more action to the CTF servers.

with best wishes

Frantic

My guess is that the gam engine and the island is just not as cool it used to be in OFP.

I miss Everon, even Desert Island and of course the cool buildings from OFP.

I personally dislike this new island which just emphasizes the preaches of the medias for a war against terror to stabilize a system which is in fact self destructive. Totaly offtopic xD

I say the situation wont change oesnt matter what maps are made, played or hosted.

-Ziggy- @ July 26 2007,14:41)]dudester how long did it take you to make that post, cuz I think its crap  rofl.gif

last night:

8 consecutive 30 min maps with more than 15 players, thanks!

I know its only one night and one server, but its something!

<ul>

DM 16 Vanilla v1.04                       8

Tequila Sunset                              9

CTF [MCY] 60 CLEAR-CUT v06      16

CTF(2-24) - Little Sahrani V2        19

CTF_2-16_Disorder_v2                16

CTF 20 Arcadia                           18

CTF(2-20) - ThE JuNkYaRD           19

CTF_KingOfMyCastle_by_Knipper  20

CTF_20_Rain_God beta                20

CTF(2-30) - SuiCiDe KiNGz           17

CTF(2-30) - SuiCiDe KiNGz            6

CTF [MCY] 40 Camel Style v1.00    9

Probably the same length of time it took you to calculate your list, not that your list is crap.... joke taken  rofl.gif

Considering you are one of the 3 or 4 CTF servers left available, those statistics are pretty low compared with most CTF in other games don't you think? Plus in normal circumstances, we don't usually have to hop onto public forums telling players to join our games at certain times.

@ Frantic

After looking at the whole map in great detail to try to make a new CTF, can i just say " I think you have done a good job" I cannot find another city or a better place to put the flags then you have.

16AAB are advertising an 'Advance and Secure' night on Saturday 11th August, their server will run AAS maps exclusively this evening and Sunday.

Not CTF, but it's definitely team-oriented gameplay from what I've seen playing on them.