Sign in to follow this  
twisted

- Final patch 1.08

just noticed this on gameplay monthly. does final mean no more patches for arma? or just final version of 1.08 (aka not 1.07b version patch)

http://www.gameplaymonthly.com/screens/arma-qg.php

sort of like with OFP only went up to a certain level then if you wanted the other patches you bought the expansion Resistance?

fine with me. don't get me wrong i'd like more patches adding more functionality and stuff... but the final thing would make sense from an economic view for BIS (in that they are actually running a business and can't keep pumping patches out and 1.08 makes Arma the game it deserved to be).

confirmation would be nice.

edited for spelling and words.

I'll be dammed if thats the last patch where 8800's have problems and crash and etc still.

I hope not, there are still some needed improvements.

One thing that has been really bugging me is the lack of vehicle related sound effects, particularly when crashing.

I think they should add these sounds:

Metal bending - Poles, guard rails

Small rocks falling - Buildings, fences, and of course rocks

Wood breaking - Wood related structures

ect, ect.

Also, we need the screetching when quickly braking or turning.

Mic support needs to be improved and a few more unrelated tweaks here and there. One thing I noticed is that the metal doorways/shop windows on the sides of buildings can be destroyed in about twenty shots, revealing nothing behind them except the wall of the building. They should have the same strenth as the building.

Once these are fixed then I think it would be appropriate for BI to release an expansion.

All well, I can't control what BIS does, so I'm not going to try to, uh, anymore.  confused_o.gif

(I know I'm still going to buy the expansion though, if the reviews are good)

Yep, it's final.

Quote[/b] ]Queen's Gambit will also bring with it the final 1.08 patch, which will add new weapons, vehicles, characters, gun dealers, a resource management feature, technical tweaks, and the ability for North American players to fight alongside the rest of the international ArmA community.

How can it bring it? We already have it and AFAIK i can already play with US people? huh.gif

how cant you love english crazy_o.gif

final 1.08 patch

1.08 final patch

1.08 patch final

all have slight difference in english

just noticed this on gameplay monthly. does final mean no more patches for arma? or just final version of 1.08 (aka not 1.07b version patch)

Final meaning latest patch available

Final meaning latest patch available

If that was the case, why would the descriptions simply say: "latest patch" or something along those lines?

It wouldn't want to be FINAL, we paid to beta test this fucking piece of shit game

I swear to god if this is the final patch im going to fly to where ever the hell these arse clowns live and jam my copy up their arse and im not joking.

It wouldn't want to be FINAL, we paid to beta test this fucking piece of shit game

I swear to god if this is the final patch im going to fly to where ever the hell these arse clowns live and jam my copy up their arse and im not joking.

If you don't like the game, you can post it the relevant complaint thread, but abusive, childish rants like the against are not tolerated.

+2 WL and a month's PR - I suggest during your time off you think about how to post like a civilised, mature, worthwhile member of this forum.

Yep, it's final.
Quote[/b] ]Queen's Gambit will also bring with it the final 1.08 patch, which will add new weapons, vehicles, characters, gun dealers, a resource management feature, technical tweaks, and the ability for North American players to fight alongside the rest of the international ArmA community.

my 1.08 patch didn't add many of those things... so maybe the 1.08 we have now is not the final 1.08 patch.

now i am really getting confused. crazy_o.gif

maybe it was a typo in the press release which after thinking about it for a while seems likely from our BIS friends.

wink_o.gif

The current 1.08 patch is not the last patch for Arma: Armed Assault / Combat Operations.

yeah for what its worth, normally you have the working branch, which is made into a release candidate (RC) (you might have several RC's) then once thats gone through testing it goes final.

so the devs will be on:

1.09RC1

1.09RC2(maybe)

1.09 final

1.1RC1

etc.

every place does it a little diffrent, but you get the idea.

The 1.08 patch is great been on 2 days and it's perfect only problem is now though B.I. need to supply a pdf cover download for the game box cover so it says:-

War simulator realistic with no flying trees no flying tanks complete with aircraft that attack the enemy.

I noticed small bug whe you jump from a damage chopper (parachut have strange behaviour)... Also In the mission 4 or 5 (the chopper have a takeoff problem, I had made a strange mouvement a the chopper made à 90° rotation in the vertical axe, then I left | at this position without mouving...

So many people freaked over the use of a single word. Didn't anyone ever tell you it's unwise to believe everything your read?

And I am waiting that they will release ArmA final patch 1.96 in 2009 end..

Oh spoke too soon think this may be for game balancing but surly the A10 and Super Cobra can take more than two bursts from a shrika or 14mm MG I know loads about the A10 it's ment to take a lot of damage from 20 and 30mm and stay in the air with a third of a wing off or half a tail and engine shot off. This is the only odd thing I've noticed that stands out in patch 8. Def needs a patch 9 or some armour moding addon.

How can it bring it? We already have it and AFAIK i can already play with US people? huh.gif

Go figure, I'm in US an been playin EU servers off an on since i imported the game at the german release.

I think BI need to sit down, have a !!SMALL!! vacation

drink alot of beers and fool around with women/men...

For a week or two. Then come back and work like

devils on finalizing the game...

And releasing the addon/map tools the comunity so much

desire...

its quite impossible to get a full support for vista i think

Guest Ti0n3r

I wouldn't worry too much about it. BIS never said that 1.08 would be the last patch for ArmA, so whistle.gif

Yeah, I was getting the same error in XP too though. I thought my upgrade would fix it. Alas.

It's just strange has 2GB of kickass memory and having to limit its use to 256MB to get a decent game in.... just weird.

confused_o.gif i am using XP, i am 8800 gts user, same with my friend 8800 GTX, i am using maxmem=1024, no CTD if i dont touch ALT+TAB that much

i have no idea on what happened on you guys PC, but i am sure that the game works on mine confused_o.gif