Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

Version 2 - Skaven's RACS

Ok let's wait for Robert's opinion on the M16A1 biggrin_o.gif You guys are my salvation, I know very few to nothing about weapons, ty wink_o.gif

About the extra scopes and mags I'm sorry but Vr3 pack is closed and being beta tested, the idea on this addons is to give simple and cheap things to the Racs/Mercs (besides the M249 incident), I mean I can make like 15 variations of this weapons but for now let's stick to the basic and simple, later on a side addon I may do everything you guys asked for.

Also, I think I met almost all of your demands, I made 4 extra weapons you guys requested I've added an ammo box, increased the HD soldiers, changed 100% sounds (Robert and tPM), changed 100% recoils (Twisted) added extra details to the textures... it's not bad I think biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]increased the HD soldiers

Nice one!! wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif I mean I've added West HD soldiers and I've added more weapons like the BIS's G36, AS74U. MP5.

English is my third/forth language biggrin_o.gif First comes Portuguese, than Spanish and than French and English biggrin_o.gif sorry for my mistakes tounge2.gif

Ah right, I thought you meant you'd made them even more inaccurate.  tounge2.gif  Still, keep it up! My clan's giving your weapons a lot of use.  smile_o.gif

I used the old JAM's dispersion values 0.01 / 0.02, and I decreased the hit values about 15%, but I can make them even more inaccurate, if that's the majority's opinion I have no problems with it smile_o.gif

Ah ok, the old JAM HD in OFP was fine. I'll have another look at them. See if anyone else has something to say too.

sweet that will make for some nice drawn out gun fights. smile_o.gif

throwing in 30 opfors and 30 bluefors with hd weapons and watching them fight it out will be awesome smile_o.gif

While beta testing (6 hours x3 persons so far) I felt like taking some pictures to relax a bit...

btw, later don't forget to check the ammo box, who knows? Maybe the box holds something left out by accident whistle.gif

Version3-1.jpg

Version3-2.jpg

Version3-3.jpg

Version3-4.jpg

Last pictures I gotta keep beta testing.

Version3-5.jpg

Version3-7.jpg

Geometry (guns make impact when hit by a bullet) + Lods Modeled (polygon cruncher) + Textures merged (1weap=1tex) = 100% ARMA ready.

20rnd mag on the M16 seems a bit long.

And the M16m203 seems wierd, but you already said it was a fictional design. tounge2.gif

But it all looks awesome mate! I see the G3 sniper. You do keep the M14 as an unscoped sniperweapon also? I love the unscoped M14, so please keep it tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]20rnd mag on the M16 seems a bit long.

I think it's the angle mate in game it looks good wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And the M16m203 seems wierd, but you already said it was a fictional design. tounge2.gif

Yes they were short on cash so they adapted the M203 to the M16A1 it's totally unrealistic but It's one of my favorites biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But it all looks awesome mate! I see the G3 sniper. You do keep the M14 as an unscoped sniperweapon also? I love the unscoped M14, so please keep it tounge2.gif

The M14 is the now the both Engineers weapon and yes it stays with no scope. Ty wink_o.gif

Lol, taking the lazy way out with the M203 eh?

I know mercs wouldn't use it and it's been asked for a billion times, but I'd love to see you have a bash at an SA80. It'd get a hell of a lot of use. whistle.gif

I think the idea of "making" some RACS/MERCS weapon mods is a great idea.

The IDF do it all the time.

*intends to check ammo box*  smile_o.gif

EDIT: weapons look great Skaven.  thumbs-up.gif

Skaven,

Please add ammo crates with plenty of ammo for all your weapons in them and please add all your weapons in the crates as well. I Love useing your weapons in my own created missions. You're a True artisit and have created a subperb addon, with awsome weapons. please do this for all of us that love your work and addons.

Thanks,

Waffen :hlp:

Lol, taking the lazy way out with the M203 eh?

biggrin_o.gif No, not really, I could easily take the barrel of the M16A4-M203 and place it on this weapon, make some small adjustments and I would make a perfect M16A1-M203 (only a 30 minutes job) biggrin_o.gif

The M16A1-M203 was made like that on purpose, it's to remind the realism fanatics that this is just a game, some people should go to war instead of playing games they take this too seriously, later I will replace the M16A1-M203 maybe even on the day after the release, but for now it stays.

War is a bad thing, it's a reminder wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Skaven,

Please add ammo crates with plenty of ammo for all your weapons in them and please add all your weapons in the crates as well. I Love useing your weapons in my own created missions. You're a True artisit and have created a subperb addon, with awsome weapons. please do this for all of us that love your work and addons.

I did mate wink_o.gif

Skaven,

Thanks,

Waffen

Quote[/b] ]Where do I find them

In the next release, 6 days from today if all beta testing goes as planned wink_o.gif

btw, what about sharing some missions? I'm an awful mission maker biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I know mercs wouldn't use it and it's been asked for a billion times, but I'd love to see you have a bash at an SA80. It'd get a hell of a lot of use. whistle.gif

I thought on importing some British weapons and give them to a certain Brittish addon maker that made great British soldiers but forgot the weapons, I'll check the British mod teams if they ain't doing weapons I'll import some and I'll offer them. The SA-80 is a modern and typical British weapon not a Mercs weapon for sure wink_o.gif And yes I know the M249 ain't a Mercs weapon either... whistle.gif They stole it by request (one and only) biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think the idea of "making" some RACS/MERCS weapon mods is a great idea.

The IDF do it all the time.

*intends to check ammo box* smile_o.gif

I hope you do check, that weapon took me lots of working hours and I did it just for you (I could not stab you biggrin_o.gif ), and when you do check the weapon well, there is something on your avatar that will look familiar, although with a different concept wink_o.gif

Hi skaven,

your M16a1 m203 isn't that fictional

Take a look here

this one was used the Vietnam war. The game Vietcong 2 has it ingame also. I hope it's useful for you

Lennard.

@Skaven

Looking forward to it! notworthy.gif

But I honestly had already forgiven you when you added in the Galil.   wink_o.gif

Guys.

Nam grenadelauncher yes, that is real, but a more 'normal' and less rare version would be a M203.

(M16A1 + M203 is very real and have been used by US forces and allso british SAS)

Worldgunz M203 page

M16's from the early to the latest

link

Simply incredible mate - great stuff! yay.gif

Good luck with the testing! pistols.gif

Great Work Skaven !!!

Can´t wait for your next pack.

Maybe you can add some AKM / AKMS and the good old Steyr AUG to your Pack, these the weapons i´m still missing in ARMA.

Greating SAW