Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

Version 2 - Skaven's RACS

Quote[/b] ]Russian mercs would be more interesting than Russian soldiers as theres bound to be lots of that made.

In fact, Russian Mercs is not a bad idea... We'll see, now it's Version 3 working time  biggrin_o.gif

btw, is there anyone interested in having a captive for each of the sides? I mean like a US soldier (unarmed) on the East side and an East soldier (unarmed) on the US and maybe an East and West Soldier on the Independent side or this is actually something you guys don't need since just playing with the "side =" command solves you the problem?

I like the captive idea and had this planned for my pack awell ( as we had it with the old RHS packs by Laser ).

I would keep him on the east side and if he is part of a us group i would later simply change his side for the mission.

About the Mercs, not sure if i like the idea especially cause Queens Gambit Addon will bring lots of PMCs or Mercs as some may call them.

Quote[/b] ]I would keep him on the east side and if he is part of a us group i would later simply change his side for the mission.

So one West Soldier on the East side and one East soldier on the West side, both unarmed? I supose all agree on this one, I'll just place them on the normal BIS vehicle class.

Quote[/b] ]About the Mercs, not sure if i like the idea especially cause Queens Gambit Addon will bring lots of PMCs or Mercs as some may call them.

That's true, besides after Version 3 I will probably be facing East as we already talked by pm Shadow NX  wink_o.gif

However after making the East side, I supose I can make Mercs using West and Mercs using East weapons, this would add a lot of variety in our missions at a very small cost. It's also a good oportunity to check the new soldiers textures and models.

Small update on Version 3

1 - XM-177e1 added.

2 - Geometry finneshed. (doesn't look good inside O2, but works pretty well).

3 - Shadows improved.

4 - Officer Model added. (Brown beret)

5 - One surprise weapon (inside the Ammo Box only)  wink_o.gif

Suspended

1 - Merc vehicles (I will wait for the new expansion).

Still to do in Version 3

1 - 4 to 5 days of intensive testing.

2 - Try to improve the new normal mapping even more.

3 - Improve my Jam.pbo file to make it more friendly for people making side versions changing sounds and recoils.

4 - Add Captive soldier for both East and West.

5 - Maybe one more weapon as a bonus (only available inside the ammo box).

6 - (I leave this one empty since there is always something more to do that I never remeber to mention.)  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]About the Mercs, not sure if i like the idea especially cause Queens Gambit Addon will bring lots of PMCs or Mercs as some may call them

Yes, true....but they have cowboy hats and old men and thats not exactly fun to play with.

It was just a thought anyways.

Im sure I can make some then. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Pics, man, pics! biggrin_o.gif

You got it wink_o.gif

XM177e1-1.jpg

On a side note:

Sounds changed 100% RobertHammer and tpM'91 are impressive, I have no words to describe the quality of the sounds they made biggrin_o.gif

The same goes for the recoils, 100% new made by Twisted, now each weapon has it's own recoil, thank you all, you guys are amazing wink_o.gif

Loving it mate - thanks so much! notworthy.gif

Hey Skaven,

have you seen Switzerland MOD v.1.1 ?

They have weapon's with - Working 3D laser red dot

It would be very amazing if you could make some weapons using this too. inlove.gif

The new weapons are looking AWESOME!! thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Working 3D laser red dot It would be very amazing if you could make some weapons using this too. inlove.gif

Mate the idea behind this Racs (besides the ""incident"" of making the M249) is to give them simple things biggrin_o.gif No lasers, no aimpoints, no acogs no reflex, nothing, just a simple sniper rifle scope and made by special request since I wasn't going to do it biggrin_o.gif

All those fancy things will be done for the Russians not the Racs biggrin_o.gif

Hey don't rape the M249 with a long standard barrel! Make it even shorter with a true Para muzzle, trash that plastic stock and make the folding one instead and put an Aimpoint on the rail!

Now ship it to the newly formed RCRB, Royal Coastal Rangers Brigade of Southern Sahrani, along with the Colt Commando!

/Edit: Oh! And put a scope net over the aimpoint lens, like on the pic of the sniper shield! And make your M16s and Commando compitable with BI STANAGs and your M60 compitable with the M240 box (But keep your 200 round box, I love it! )  pistols.gif

That M16 is wrong. The M16 doesn't have the forward assist, the M16A1 does.

Quote[/b] ]That M16 is wrong. The M16 doesn't have the forward assist, the M16A1 does.

It's supposed to be an M16A1 huh.gif I don't know much about weapons but you guys are making it even worse biggrin_o.gif

What exactly is wrong on the M16A1?

Just do what GAU-8 vs Life said. If it's supposed to be an M16A1 then you'll have to change the three pronged flash hider to the bird cage one(like the one on the M16A2).

LikeThis.jpg

or more or less like it, I'm fixing it now.

Ok I'm fixing and mapping it according to the one you just showed me, ty for your help wink_o.gif

Fixed.jpg

Ok this is as good as I know how to model biggrin_o.gif sorry if it isn't perfect tounge2.gif

Ok this is as good as I know how to model  biggrin_o.gif  sorry if it isn't perfect  tounge2.gif

But it is!  biggrin_o.gif

Now you just have to edit that SAW to a Para SAW!  pistols.gif

And make those Royal Coastal Rangers Brigade I mentioned earlier...  whistle.gif

Hey people ,

The old "original" M16a1 was like the Ar-15,

m16.jpg

original military issue AR-15 / M16 rifle (circa 1965), with no forward assist and with the original three-prong flash hider

The new version of M16a1 has , with the forward assist,  "bird cage"  in middle 1970s

800px-M16A1_brimob.jpg

wink_o.gif

So... actually the first version was alright? biggrin_o.gif Any comments on this one? If not I will revert to the original version wink_o.gif

Small update:

1 - A super super secret weapon is finished and is hidden inside the ammo box, you will have to download the pack ( sorry biggrin_o.gif ) cause this one will not be revealed.

2 - Canadian Terror said:

Quote[/b] ]No Uzi and no UMP? Its like I've been stabbed.
Well... I can't Stab Canadian Terror can I? Guess what CT, there is a second weapon inside the ammo box that I'm sure that particularly you will love, I made it because of you mate wink_o.gif

3 - Beta stage is starting, there as been a large improvement in this version so it means that it needs a lot of checking and testing, release should be in more or less 6 to 7 days wink_o.gif

Thank you all for your help and continuous support wink_o.gif

Great news Skaven! biggrin_o.gif

I actually found a book in the library called "The Australian Army during the 1980s"  It had all of the cool stuff - L1A1, M60 and M16A1! pistols.gif

So my RACS is going to be like that!

A agree with you, there's other armies in the world that should have the "omg, l33t, d37ta" M4s with all of the lasers and bolt-ons...

But I love using an iron-sight!

So... actually the first version was alright?  biggrin_o.gif Any comments on this one? If not I will revert to the original version  wink_o.gif

Nope! I think you misunderstood him. Look at his pic. It's a M16A1.

The "forward assist" is located just under the charging handle, which is under the rear sight in the handle. It is used if the bolt doesn't close like it should because of dirt caused by the direct gas system. Also, you can see the bird cage flash hider on the pic.

A short history lession:

Original AR15 had a barrel which ended right after the front sight with a three-pronged flash hider, and no forward assist because it used a different powder which left very little fauling. The powder actually left a "hard" surface which didn't attract excessive amounts of dirt compared to other powders. This was in 1961 and all was good.

Those shipped to Vietnam around 1965 was like the original 'cept for a longer barrel, and accepted as the M16. The military, however, didn't use the correct powder in their ammo, add jungle humidity to that and fauling inside the action was just horrible.

Before the war was over, a new version with forward assist and bird cage flash hider was accepted as the M16A1.

Phew! Hope I got the important things correct. You just have to keep your version with the bird cage hider if you want it to be the M16A1 version, or get rid of the forward assist if you want i to be the early Vietnam M16. And if so, your mercs will be true gun collectors biggrin_o.gif

A useful tip: in the Danish mod, there is an AR15 light support weapon with a 100 round Beta-C drum but still possible to use with 30 rnd STANAG mags, with correct model change. I find this to be pretty cool since BI didn't make a magmodel change when loading their M249 with STANAGs!

Maybe you can make your M16(A1) use both 20 and 30 round mags, with graphical indication!  smile_o.gif And maybe a drummag too!  crazy_o.gif

Or even better make his M249 use 30 round mags sticking out the side? whistle.gif