Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

Version 2 - Skaven's RACS

Can be a good idea make a pack that replace the BIS weapons.

These from CS by Skaven are WONDERFUL!

hi skaven, is it possible for you to do the m249 with retracted bipod?

and a version with long barrel and retracted bipod?

Quote[/b] ]If some weapons very requested from community aren't good (in price) for RACs, you could release them out the racs, maybe added to some Blufor units....PLEASEEEEEE.

L85...Steyr Aug...MP5A4....M249 MKII and Para.....

Like I said before, L85 you have some very nice Brittish addon makers doing them, Steyr Aug you have the Aussies making a damm good job, and the MP5A4 even tho it's not in the Swiss pack (I think) it may be in the future and there's no point in doing another one. The same goes for the Famas that you didnd't mention wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Can be a good idea make a pack that replace the BIS weapons.

These from CS by Skaven are WONDERFUL!

I don't mind doing the pack if it's a cooperation job from all addon makers like the British releasing their weapons, the French, the Germans, Aussies... if this happens I don't mind joinning the entire pack and than do the missing weapons. If not i may do one or other here and there but I certenaly will not do weapons that are or will be made in a near future.

Quote[/b] ]hi skaven, is it possible for you to do the m249 with retracted bipod?

and a version with long barrel and retracted bipod?

Well the long barrel as been added to replace the one used before, however if I start making bipod up/down and making scopes all over the place (as asked before) I will start making a pack of M249 and that is something I am avoiding at all costs, however I don't mind if you guys decide to make it yourselfs, as I said lots of time my work is mine as much as yours, feel free to use it and to make your own versions, as long as you don't overight my class names... . wink_o.gif

I founded the same M60 , but CSS vesion , thats better it have 1024x1024 textures and NM maping there. I tryed on this and the M60 is nicer and better !  wink_o.gif

Like this one for example

Picture

Btw can you make those "out of ammo" model like in my video?

If theres still room for weapon suggestions i´ll throw my vote in for the FAMAS or PPSh-41 welcome.gif

Mr. Burns those are your sounds? crazy_o.gifnotworthy.gif wow.
Yes (at least the ones you refer to). As you´ve already noticed i don´t only suck at video editing but also at sounds wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Posted on June 19 2007,17:34

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I founded the same M60 , but CSS vesion , thats better it have 1024x1024 textures and NM maping there. I tryed on this and the M60 is nicer and better !

Like this one for example

Picture

Btw can you make those "out of ammo" model like in my video?

Yep I know, I redid all the wepons merging all textures now we have 1 weapon = 1 texture and so the normal maps are also 100% new and in my opinion a lot better.

Quote[/b] ]Btw can you make those "out of ammo" model like in my video?

I'm at my office so I can't see videos here, I will see later when I arrive home, ty all.

Ok, I saw the movie, well... I'll try to find out how BIS did it, but at this moment I really have no idea at all, any ideas? huh.gif

i have an idea what about shotgun? or single fire rifle or whats it called. like weapons us civilians can have at home. Maybe for some western sounding scenarios wink_o.gif winchester or something odd like that. Btw love the anaconda but any chance you can make a version with a small scope on it? maybe use the XMS's red dot scope or arma m4 aimpoint. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]winchester or something odd like that.

It's something I have been thinking about but didn't decided yet, I have too many to do but I don't want to spoil the Racs/Mercs with weapons.

Quote[/b] ]Btw love the anaconda but any chance you can make a version with a small scope on it? maybe use the XMS's red dot scope or arma m4 aimpoint.

Not in this version... maybe in the future wink_o.gif

Small update on my work.

Besides all the mentioned things I've been working, today I managed to do something new that BIS seems to have done too, however in weapons it doesn't work as well as it should which is the Geometry of the weapon.

My version 3 weapons will have mass and so, bullets won't go threw them no more, when hit by a bullet this weapons will make the bullet make ricochet. I'm testing this very very carefully since I'm pretty sure that my method is not the correct one, the problem is that the correct method doesn't work well at all and my method does work a lot better.

I mean it's not like 100% perfect but I would say like a good 90% of the weapon makes ricochet on the correct spot when hit by a bullet biggrin_o.gif

The model in O2 made with the convex feature is bigger than my weapon however, in game it doesn't cover the space it does in O2 and covers like 95% of the weapon correctly, it's very very strange but it works pretty well and I'm very happy since this makes lots of sense in terms of realism, have you guys noticed that in game 98% of the bullets go threw the weapon and hit the body of a solider?

Below you have an example: (My weapon is the M16A1M203)

GeometryLod.jpg

It's incredible the nice BIS Geometry model that should work covers like 5% to 10% of the weapon (both weapons with the same mass), my model (experimental model) regardless being bigger and ugly, does respect the weapon size and works pretty well. Does anyone know how to explain this so we can all learn how to make Geometry for a weapon perfectly?

I'm testing and testing since I don't have a single example to follow and I'm just guessing here... but so far ... beside looking really ugly (don't worry you won't see it in game) it's working pretty well, I'm speechless wow_o.gif

cool! smile_o.gif nice thing i wonder if some day i can shoot the guns off from soldiers hands in arma tounge2.gif

Can't wait to shoot down some east unit's with the new weapons. smile_o.gif

@Commando84

cool! smile_o.gif nice thing i wonder if some day i can shoot the guns off from soldiers hands in arma tounge2.gif

Well this is already working. smile_o.gif Event Handler Hit, Body part, drop weapon or may with this: HandsHit wink_o.gif

My version 3 weapons will have mass and so, bullets won't go threw them no more, when hit by a bullet this weapons will make the bullet make ricochet. I'm testing this very very carefully since I'm pretty sure that my method is not the correct one, the problem is that the correct method doesn't work well at all and my method does work a lot better.

Great Work Skaven

does this mean its possible to have somethin like this?:

gunshieldheadonshottn.jpg

Not sure how practical it would be in combat but its somethin new atleast smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Great Work Skaven

does this mean its possible to have somethin like this?:

Yep it's possible.

Ok after some hours of testing, Geometry seems to be working pretty well, I shot agaist "my" weapons from all angles and distances and it's working a lot better than what I expected. The huge block you see above, actually respects the weapon's spaces (for example between the magazine and the stock) so now we have a ""real"" weapon in our hands while playing.

On a side note, someone asked me to make an ammo box for my Mercs/Racs, it's done wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]On a side note, someone asked me to make an ammo box for my Mercs/Racs, it's done

Wow, mate - I was just going to request that! smile_o.gif

Thanks Skaven! notworthy.gif

Nice to hear. Skaven, will this be the last pack you plan to release concerning western weapons, or do you and your CS modeller mates have more on their hands?

Quote[/b] ]Nice to hear. Skaven, will this be the last pack you plan to release concerning western weapons, or do you and your CS modeller mates have more on their hands?

Well, besides the M16A1 + M16A1M203 (fictional) and M249, I'm importing/working on 2 more weapons that I haven't finnshed yet (all replacements for the 4 left out). I think this is about it concerning West weapons, unless something very special pops up or unless someone decides to make the same East weapons I'm making (trying hard not to make the same weapons Neph is doing).

I also need to talk to Shadow Nx about his Russian Soldiers if he's going to make them and actually release them than it makes no sense for me to make more, if that happens than i will have to adapt myself to a different reality and i will rework my future plans.

I will ofcourse be updating my wepaons in all future versions, specially since my skills at modelling are very small so... instead of fixing things that should be easy for a modeler I actually replace entire models. So it means that as I get permissions and find better models I will keep replacing them.

After Version 3, I will work hard on covering like 90% of the game's weapons and vehicles making HD versions for all and than I will try to introduce some vehicles for the Mercs, although the ones I saw in the future extension by BIS do look pretty nice and are more or less what I had planned.

This are my plans for now wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]After Version 3, I will work hard on covering like 90% of the game's weapons and vehicles making HD versions for all...

Just on this point, and only concerning manportable weapons - do you mean via new models as well as the HD change, or do you just mean reconfigged BIS models? Not trying to have a go at you at all, just curious to see what other things you may have planned.  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just on this point, and only concerning manportable weapons - do you mean via new models as well as the HD change, or do you just mean reconfigged BIS models? Not trying to have a go at you at all, just curious to see what other things you may have planned.  

Replacing all BIS models is something that to be honest is already happening in my game, it's not like 100% of the weapons but some good 85% of them I have replaced. And this is sometihng that some people have asked me to do but... I have a problem here, I'm trying not to step over other addon makers that are working on some of this weapons like for example Jackal who is making M4s, Neph is making AK74m and maybe AK74s too... . So my plans are only to change BIS's weapons values not models.

However, as I said before, a combined effort between addon makers to make an 100% replacement pack of weapons made by us and who knows maybe even US soldiers made by Ebud and others, Racs by me and Russian Soldiers by the Russian Teams is something that I may try to achieve if I have my perssonel future plans compromised.

This would be a big step in terms of community as well as an even larger step in improving our game but as you know I may try but the decision here is away over my ""power"" and it's something that needed to be extremely well organized and planned, well... it's an idea/dream I have... .  smile_o.gif

...who knows maybe even US soldiers made by Ebud and others...

Awww, I'm insulted, I seem to be the only one around here interested in making modern US troops (Army ones, anyway)...  tounge2.gif

Nah man, nice to hear you have big plans. I have big plans too, I've just got too much RL work (and not enough modelling talent) to get 'em done.

EDIT - And if anyone is actually interested in making them, or wants to help me out and has some modelling ability (I only need 5 teeny tiny things made - some would probably be around one prism, we're talking double-sided-cylinder stuff here) please PM me. [/hijack]

Your 101st Airborne Division together with Ebud's work is a tottaly must for me Cameron biggrin_o.gif I just mentioned Ebud as an example since I'm a perssonal admirer of his textures you don't want me to say all the US addon makers do you? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'll shut up now.

Good, and take the time to make the 75th Rangers biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I also need to talk to Shadow Nx about his Russian Soldiers if he's going to make them and actually release them than it makes no sense for me to make more, if that happens than i will have to adapt myself to a different reality and i will rework my future plans.

Im open for cooperation on that issue.

Must try to be on MSN more often ( havent been there for like a month due to rl issues ) then we can discuss.

Quote[/b] ]Im open for cooperation on that issue.

Must try to be on MSN more often ( havent been there for like a month due to rl issues ) then we can discuss.

Thank you wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Russian Soldiers by the Russian Teams is something that I may try to achieve

Russian mercs would be more interesting than Russian soldiers as theres bound to be lots of that made.