Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Evolution - Single Player

has any one made or in the process of making a red and blue version of this using all the new things in the red and blue versions like artillery strikes and ammo drops

No, and i only can make conversions of this version. Everything more complicated is over my head, as i`m totally new to the scripting stuff.

Edit:

I hope someone is working on that, it would be great.

i have a question for Kronzky. i have unpacked evolution red and blue and have changed them around in the editor to make them work properly in singleplayer the one thing id like to now is how your password rank system works ive put the selectrank script into the scripts and i have added the same line in the pinit as you have in yours but when i try and call it on the radio i get an error saying that it cannot find InitRank is there another script im missing or does another line have to be added in an already existing script

This mission is quite nice and i am very thankfull to the people who made it.

A couple of comments i'dd like to add.

I MP we have respawn for this mission and in SP we have to save.

The autor stated that he would like to keep everything as much the same as in the MP version, but the save and respawn make it quite a different game.

With respawn i have to stay alive else i have to travel the whole thing again to my town.

One might die but than an other soldier goes again for the objective.

With the saving i can save before every situation ( 3 sec before) and if i die i know exactly where they are and kill them.

With respawn i arive at town again and dont know where they all are.

Quite a difference in game play.

With saving i have the feeling i clear thei isle with one (rambo) soldier.

With respawn it gives me the feeiling i trow multiple soldiers into the battle that i happen to control.

No dissapointment, just a comment smile_o.gif

An other thing i seem to notice is the the towns dont seem to get reinforced as in multi player, could that be right ?

Thanks again to the makers of this content, it keeps me bussy for weeks wink_o.gif

I`d say no to respawn in SP, as Kronzky did, too.

When you don`t play it on "easy" difficulty setting, you have one save every 10 minutes. So it`s up to the player, which way he goes.

is there anyway i can import my own vehicles?

(if its already in the post then I apologise but i just aint gonna run thro 27 pages of stuff! crazy_o.gif )

Unpbo the mission, than open it in the editor and you can do everything.

This is weird, today I noticed that there's no tracers when I shot at enemies or my friendly units shoot at enemies (by the way I'm using SIX_sense tracers with beta patch 1,09)

And the thing is: when I get shot at by the enemy, I can see the six_sense tracers ??!!!

So I thought, maybe its the mod, so I tried in other missions and they were there ??!!...also, before 1,09, they were there..now after installing 1,09, they are gone

Anyone knows what's up with six_sense tracers and evolution sp map and the fact that you can see your enemies tracers but not yours ?

thanks

Hey there Kronzky,

I was wondering, are you planning to port Evolution to other islands such as Sakakah Al Jawf? Or is that just stuff for us to do?

Hey there Kronzky,

I was wondering, are you planning to port Evolution to other islands such as Sakakah Al Jawf? Or is that just stuff for us to do?

You may want to check Kronzky's past posts for yourself just in case I'm wrong about this. But I'm pretty sure he's done with this and has given the go ahead for anyone to release edited versions in this thread.

Damn a Sakakah Al Jawf version would be fantastic! Do you have plans to do it?

Edit:

If anyone has made any enhanced SP versions for personal use, would you please shoot me a PM?

Ah I see, lol, Well, I had plans to incorporate Mapfact's radios into the mission and add REALISTIC artillery, and Cas support (mando bombs), along with changing out some of the vehicles to the desert versions and changing the units (although I decided against the units because this can easily be done with a replacement config, same with the vehicles).

Anywho, so I was hoping to make it so you would need to load up your squad into your convoy, and maybe have a set radio-man with the frequency required to dial in your support and extractions and such. And if he dies, you would need to take the radio he dropped to call for extraction, that or you would need to run to a vehicle like a stryker or humvee. I was also thinking about throwing in the Uav and Mando missles (for air defense) have already been incorporated.

I hit a small minor snag a while ago, and I really couldn't find any documentation on the Mapfact Radios, and so I sort of post-poned all of my work for a later time (plus im busy irl).

I think it would be great to see evolution in some different environments though, would really add to the awesome mission.

Hello all

Quote[/b] ]Unpbo the mission, than open it in the editor and you can do everything.

hmm, I'm not a map maker, but using cpbo, it won't work correctly when pbo'd back up.

Prob my ignorance with the editor tho.

I move the saved file the editor spits out and replaced the origional, but somthing breaks. And enemy AI don't spawn.

Oh, All i do is add vehicles to the Airbase. save, move file and repack.

Hope this isnt too offtopic but it is directly in relation to EVO.

Rgds

LoK

Other than that the placed vehicles will not re-spawn should not happen.

You have saved the mission with an new name i assume?

Than you have to copy the scripts and everything else to the new directory, else it cannot work. wink_o.gif

Hello all
Quote[/b] ]Unpbo the mission, than open it in the editor and you can do everything.

hmm, I'm not a map maker, but using cpbo, it won't work correctly when pbo'd back up.

Prob my ignorance with the editor tho.

I move the saved file the editor spits out and replaced the origional, but somthing breaks. And enemy AI don't spawn.

Oh, All i do is add vehicles to the Airbase. save, move file and repack. lol uuups mr tea iam to late

Hope this isnt too offtopic but it is directly in relation to EVO.

Rgds

LoK

you have all script files(action,mission,scripts ect. not mission.sqm) in your edit mission??

Hello all,

Yup everything is there, as far as I understand it i am doing everything right, but obviously i am missing something or not understood a particular step I need to take.

I'll try again tonight and see how I get on.

Thanks for the advice and hope I havnt taken this too far offtopic.

Rgds

LoK

The most save way to handle evo sp editing is, make an backup of the original mission folder, and work with the standard folder.

If you only add something on the map, without deleting triggers or anything, it can`t happen that the enemy will not spawn because of that. huh.gif

This is not going off topic, as it`s all about editing evolution sp.

hello there,

Quick update,

Tried it again and works perfectly. I now have Leopard Tanks, Heueys, Mercedes 4x4s, and all sorts of other assorted vehicular fun in game now.

Thanks for the assistance, I must have been having a thick day or two.

Again, thanks.

rgds

LoK

hello there,

Quick update,

Tried it again and works perfectly. I now have Leopard Tanks, Heueys, Mercedes 4x4s, and all sorts of other assorted vehicular fun in game now.

Thanks for the assistance, I must have been having a thick day or two.

Again, thanks.

rgds

LoK

Just wanted to let you know....

If you use the HWM stuff in a mission it may screw up other mods you might use. I used to add the same vehicles to ever mission I edit as they are definitely my favorite vehicles for ArmA. But I've recently had to remove them from my personal editted missions(EvoSP included) due to conflicts with NWD TankFCS Mod and a few others. I guess their vehicles cause many mods to not work because of a lack of XEH implementation. I have no idea what this means but it is discussed in the HWMv2.0 thread.

Hello there,

Thanks so much for pointiong that out.

My maps are purely for my own enjoyment, so Im not too bothered if they are buggy, but it's good to know that there is a possible conflict to stop me pulling my hair out if I can't get a mish to work with my fave vehicles.

If I do do anything interesting to the map that I think is worth sharing I'll ask permission and post here first.

Again, Thanks

Rgds

LoK

Its hard when you start out, but once you get one AI guy.. He can help by calling out enemies you might miss.

I have a question? Does the Ammo boxes reload. Because The Way I gained my first rank was using RPG and sneak into town playing havock on BMD. And I captured a general and destroyed 1 tower.

Also those AI are crazy... They ended up following me all the way back to the base. Because I was reloading ammo, and My AI calls out some Enemy guys? I was like WHAT? Then yup, 10 or so guys are moving on my postition? There is a tank somewhere too, because he called that too.

I think the Airbase should have a few Good guys in it.. In case the crazy cheating AI that can see you from 500 miles away comes looking for you. banghead.gif

So erm, *cough* *cough* has anyone ported this to saralite or any other islands yet? xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

If not, how hard would it be to move it to saralite (Sahrini chopped in half deserty)?

I was thinking about doing it yesterday, seeing as it was oh so easy to just remove the other cities (that become non-existant) but now that I think about it, wouldnt that interfere with the scripts and stuff too?

Great mission,

but just finished the last side-mission and it doesn't end now ?

Please help. huh.gif

I think it deserves a proper end... smile_o.gif

EDIT:

Ok, i need to complete 10 side-missions, but there are only 6 shown ? E.g. "Water-Patrol" is missing too ?

The ammo boxes reload every time you reach an higher rank, if that is not enough don`t forget the FARP`s. wink_o.gif

The problem with an protection force at the airport is, that it comes under fire from enemy aircrafts and than the airport is in ruins.

Hello all,

I've exported Kronzky's mission to Saralite and there is still a few details to fix (fortress.sqf and non english briefings).

Unfortunately, Kronzky seems to be in vacations so I'm still waiting for his agreement to spread it publicly.

Anyway, it would be great to have some feedbacks to detect possible mistakes so if you want to test it, please send me a PM and I'll send it to you.