Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Evolution - Single Player

Quote[/b] ]Hi,

not sure if this bug has been mentioned. Sometime during the game (only in evolution) there is this error message popping up in the top left corner of the screen saying something like "select man" and something with "skill" or so. The game keeps working normally though. Another thing is that I have gotten some CTDs firing FFAR missiles from the Ah-6 Littlebird. I got CTDs like twice during an attack on Somato as a gunner in a Stryker.

The mods I am using are trueview, NWD_ballistics, Chammy's sound mod and this suppression script.

Worked fine though until like 2 days ago.

Dunno, if the error message and the CTDs are connected.

This is because of the suppression script. it will not work in this mission, don`t know why though.

Anyway, thanks for this very nice mission, it`s a lot of fun!

Oh sorry but i dont have this problem.I hope is not a problem to post the mission for the Arma editor.       http://rapidshare.com/files/50782619/EvolutionSP.Sara.rar.html  unrar and      put this in  armaOtherProfil/****/missions. it works on my "Arma"editor.

@liljb15

For increase the amount of squad members you dont need to start arma.download the file and open EvolutionSP.Sara\actions and edit the recruit.sqf file with windows editor and change

example:

if (_rank < 1) exitwith {handle=[2] execVM "scripts\req.sqf"};

if (_rank < 2 and _ainum >= 8) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank < 3 and _ainum >= 12) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank < 4 and _ainum >= 16) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank < 5 and _ainum >= 20) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank < 6 and _ainum >= 25) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank >=6 and _ainum >= 30) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

and convert to EvolutionSP.Sara(pbo file)

oh, thxs smile_o.gif

ya, I tried everything to change it so it would work in editor, ill try this

I'm really enjoying this, thank you Kronzky. I've learned a hell of a lot about hit and run tactics using this mission - taking the first town with 4 men is an incredibly difficult task, and I had to make use of a fraught heli extraction more than once! It's taught me much about loading up vehicles with additional ammo for longer ops deep in enemy territory, and the intelligent engagement of much larger odds from cover, firing and moving.

The first spec ops-esque raid for the radio tower during the early stages of each siege is great fun and you have to continously change your tactics on the fly - the fact that you have a base to return to and regroup, rearm and replenish your forces also lends the whole mission a level of strategy previously missing.

It's difficult and a little daunting to get started, but as soon as you're set up you can really go for it and the mission becomes supremely satisfying and enjoyable. Excellent work!

Thanks, Cannon Fodder, for the kind words. And thanks for showing me that there are some ArmA players who "get it"...

Who, when confronted with a tough and different challenge don't just scream for "More weapons", "More units", and more "easiness", but who are determined and creative enough to take a challenge and run with it. Who, in order to succeed, are capable of adjusting their gameplay and strategies to the mission at hand. (Rather than the other way round - where some players seem to have one strategy, and if that one doesn't work on a specific mission - well, then the mission has to change).

So - I'm glad you're enjoying it, and that you can appreciate the changing challenges that are come with the progress through this mission.

You're the kind of people I created this for, and knowing there are some intelligent players out there who can deal with a tough challenge is what keeps me motivated!

Quote[/b] ]

Thanks, Cannon Fodder, for the kind words. And thanks for showing me that there are some ArmA players who "get it"...

Who, when confronted with a tough and different challenge don't just scream for "More weapons", "More units", and more "easiness", but who are determined and creative enough to take a challenge and run with it. Who, in order to succeed, are capable of adjusting their gameplay and strategies to the mission at hand. (Rather than the other way round - where some players seem to have one strategy, and if that one doesn't work on a specific mission - well, then the mission has to change).

So - I'm glad you're enjoying it, and that you can appreciate the changing challenges that are come with the progress through this mission.

You're the kind of people I created this for, and knowing there are some intelligent players out there who can deal with a tough challenge is what keeps me motivated!

hey kronzky this is the best single player mission ever thx!!!Need to capture 4 citys and mission is complett.i will restart after the last 4 citys with a modified version with more men and more enemies.but i dont scream for more men, i ask for it.sorry for stresses.

Is it much work to insert more enemys(infantry and few tanks)in the mission and can you show me how????it makes a real fan happy notworthy.gif thx for the hard work!!!And the great mission!!

Bug?:i tested!! i play on rank 2 and i need one kill to lvl up(lol rpg style).I save the game and kill an enemy to lvl up.Restart the mission and use the passwort for rank 3.i Kill an enemy and lvl up to rank 4 with one kill.I repeated it up to the next rank and next but the the last rank was not infected of this bug. is this a bug???

Hey I'm new to these forums, but I wanted to say that I really appreciate you transforming this mission into something I can enjoy without worrying about hackers and morons.

I do however want to echo some of the requests for more units at the beginning, because it is wholly unrealistic and quite depressing to have a base with a plethora of vehicles (which you can merely drool on because the tank crew has magically disappeared) and no additional soldiers or marines to aid you in the conquest of a 250 sq mile island.

You could really use some poetic license here and create a back-story that involves any number of different circumstances. For example, You're a part of a bloodied platoon/company that has retreated to their last bastion of defense. You, being the Sergeant fed up with retreating and following orders from an incompetent Captain decide to rally a Squad of men (out of maybe 32 running around the base) who randomly accept your offer. You then become the pillar of morale for your men and the rest of the base follows you, thus explaining the rank increase.

If anything, have the crews that can man the vehicles next to their respective death machines or floating around the base. It just irks me because MP Evolution has the prefix (COOP30) which implies that it is meant to be accomplished with a platoon of human soldiers from the start, and those 20-30 can also individually call in their own AI squads (so figure a Company sized force) towards the end of the mission. I feel as though I'm just playing the MP version of Evolution by myself with the ability to be extracted by an invincible Loach, and save my game.

I'm sure you were scripting one night and thinking the same thing but some food for thought at any rate. confused_o.gif

Hey I'm new to these forums, but I wanted to say that I really appreciate you transforming this mission into something I can enjoy without worrying about hackers and morons.

I do however want to echo some of the requests for more units at the beginning, because it is wholly unrealistic and quite depressing to have a base with a plethora of vehicles (which you can merely drool on because the tank crew has magically disappeared) and no additional soldiers or marines to aid you in the conquest of a 250 sq mile island.

You could really use some poetic license here and create a back-story that involves any number of different circumstances. For example, You're a part of a bloodied platoon/company that has retreated to their last bastion of defense. You, being the Sergeant fed up with retreating and following orders from an incompetent Captain decide to rally a Squad of men (out of maybe 32 running around the base) who randomly accept your offer. You then become the pillar of morale for your men and the rest of the base follows you, thus explaining the rank increase.

If anything, have the crews that can man the vehicles next to their respective death machines or floating around the base. It just irks me because MP Evolution has the prefix (COOP30) which implies that it is meant to be accomplished with a platoon of human soldiers from the start, and those 20-30 can also individually call in their own AI squads (so figure a Company sized force) towards the end of the mission. I feel as though I'm just playing the MP version of Evolution by myself with the ability to be extracted by an invincible Loach, and save my game.

I'm sure you were scripting one night and thinking the same thing but some food for thought at any rate. confused_o.gif

What you just said has already been talked about Kronzky already said he's not increasing the amount of squad members you can have. Your just going to have to do it yourself look in some of the post above and they tell you how to do it.

I just can't find this very fun. It's great for a while but then it wears on me, because the numbers of AI that spawn are so ridiculously overwhelming it becomes WORK. I broke into the town and blew up the tower about 30 seconds later, and then managed to get corralled into a narrow alleyway. I basically holed up and held off the AI for well over an hour, and killed well over 75-100 AIs. I was getting tired of it, so I snuck out and blew up two or three tanks and some BMPs. All the while, KA-50 attack helos were strafing me (and amusingly enough, crashing into buildings on occasion) and at least once, the Flanker joined in on the fun. The AIs never stopped coming and eventually ArmA crashed.

Secondly, the spy plane NEVER has shown anything on my map. Ever.

Third, my save games STILL crash.

And this rank thing just pisses me off. I'm trying to find out how to mod it out.

All you say, that is not working for you,, works fine for me.

Do you used an savegame, made with an beta of Evolution-SP in Evolution-SP final? That could lead into those kind of problems.

btw:

I never destroy the radio towers with satchel charges, ones i can operate any flying vehicle armed with FFAR or a bigger bang. wink_o.gif

Satchel charges? I snipe the towers with the LAW from across the city.

How do you managed it, to get that deep in trouble than?

I spare my LAW`s for the tanks.

Satchel charges? I snipe the towers with the LAW from across the city.

How do you managed it, to get that deep in trouble than?

I spare my LAW`s for the tanks.

I have no idea what you just tried to say.

Fill up your trunk with LAW rockets, only takes one to down the tower. It's a tricky shot but it's possible.

Just seen this single player version and an just saying THANKYOU for creating one of the best things I've ever played.

Its good a single player version is available, I've only once ever managed to get over 100 points on multiplayer because of instability and crashing of the game ;( At least I'll be able to play now smile_o.gif

Whats the key to bring up the score on the single player version please?

Oh and as well as that, whats the key to bring up the radio on the map screen - mine isn't there (just compass, watch & GPS).

This is great! I used to play it alone on mp at my old p3 700 (server), that was crappy cause after 1 hour it started to lag as hell... now we have a SP evo... Thank you!!!

Came across a major bug...

Had cleared the first 2 towns and had captured a third.

I had 9 prisioners.  Of these two wouldn't move, they were stuck.

I called the shuttle chopper and told one man to get in - he did but the others wouldn't follow him.  Nor could I get in the chopper myself sad_o.gif I tried calling it several times but it didn't help.

I'd written down the code for the first town but I neglected to write the other two down (my fault I know).

Had to reload about 5 hours worth of play sad_o.gif

Here's a screenshot showing 1) the prisioners I'd captured, 2) I can't get into the chopper.

Evolution-bug.jpg

Whats the key to bring up the score on the single player version please?

Oh and as well as that, whats the key to bring up the radio on the map screen - mine isn't there (just compass, watch & GPS).

You bring up the passcode entry (which also shows you your previously achived codes) via radio code 0-0-7.

The default key for compass should be "K" (but you can check that by going into your key-assignment configuration screen).

Came across a major bug...

Had cleared the first 2 towns and had captured a third.

I had 9 prisioners. Of these two wouldn't move, they were stuck.

I called the shuttle chopper and told one man to get in - he did but the others wouldn't follow him. Nor could I get in the chopper myself :( I tried calling it several times but it didn't help.

I'd written down the code for the first town but I neglected to write the other two down (my fault I know).

Had to reload about 5 hours worth of play :(

Here's a screenshot showing 1) the prisioners I'd captured, 2) I can't get into the chopper.

That, unfortunately, is a limitation of the ArmA engine, where it considers a vehicle an enemy if it contains enemy units (even if they're captive). This issue has been discussed several times in this thread (just click on the "Print this Topic" link at the top, and search for "prisoner" or "POW").

One of the different ways of circumventing this limitation has also been described in the manual that came with the mission (evolutionsp_manual.htm).

While this behaviour may be somewhat annoying at times, just consider it an extra in-game puzzle, along the lines of those Wolf, Goat, Cabbable problems... ;)

Anyone able to uploade (rapidshare.com) a file we can just drag and drop into our folder to solve the increase squad member problem? I'm PBO challenged and really dont have the time to screw with that.

Id like a file that would allow 20 squad members, in lieu of the 12. Maybe an increase of one guy per level or something like that. So you go, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, or something.

I dont think I need to use all 20, but my base has been attacked twice while my 6 or 8 guys (rank Captain now) were out on a mission with me. They attached once with a UAZ and a machine gun, and then again with just a squad of 4 men. Not sure if they actually shot any of the "blue" guards in the POW camp (thats where they attacked). Now that it seems I have to leave a Striker at the POW gate, I need a few more guys.

Thanks, if anyone has done this already.

And great mod. Tons o fun.

Hmm, everytime i download this map from your website Kronzky i get a 'File is invalid' error, ive tried 'Opening' and 'Saving' and it wont open the zip file :S Anyone else having this issue?

kronzky please give me a tip to increasse the menpower in the towns?I would more enemy infantry please give me a tip its x-mas biggrin_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Hmm, everytime i download this map from your website Kronzky i get a 'File is invalid' error, ive tried 'Opening' and 'Saving' and it wont open the zip file :S Anyone else having this issue?

That's the first time I've heard about that (and there have been thousands of downloads of that file.

Could it be that perhaps once your download got corrupted, and now you're having problems overwriting that corrupted file, and that's why you keep getting that same error?

Try saving it under a different name, in a different location, and see what happens.

kronzky please give me a tip to increasse the menpower in the towns?I would more enemy infantry please give me a tip.

its x-mas biggrin_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Check the file recruit.sqf in the \actions folder, and it should be fairly obvious what to do...

but recruit file is for own recruit or? i need for the enemy(SLA)

More ki infantry on the citys!!!! no more teamates!! help.gif

sorry