Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Evolution - Single Player

Seems my save game is dead. It will start me out then crash to desktop after about 3 secs or so.

I guess im looking for the passcodes.

I dont mind starting over if i can retain my rank.

Which was lvl 3.

Thanks for any help.

I also didn't receive a password when I was promoted to major playing version 0.14. Is this a bug, or is it deliberate?

That was a bug that snuck in in 0.14.

Should be fixed now.

Is it possible to change the content of the notepad in the map screen on the fly during a mission?

If yes, it would be nice to add the password next to the city objectives and ranks, to be able to check it later - especially when you get a promotion, as you might be in the middle of some heavy fighting and unable to make notes of messages popping up on the screen for a few seconds.

Is it possible to change the content of the notepad in the map screen on the fly during a mission?

If yes, it would be nice to add the password next to the city objectives and ranks, to be able to check it later - especially when you get a promotion, as you might be in the middle of some heavy fighting and unable to make notes of messages popping up on the screen for a few seconds.

The next version will show you all so far achieved codes when you bring up the passcode prompt:

ranklist.jpg

Of course, once you start a new game from scratch that list will be empty, so you will still have to write down those codes somewhere (or just take a screenshot).

Konzky,

I noticed that in the 0.14.3 release you added a 30 minute delay for the planes to respawn. I tend to use the ai in the planes, and trying to keep them away from AA defences can be a prob as they tend to want to circle around me rather than circle around where I tell them to move to. Can this be made optional at the game start?

Thanks

gnrnr

I really like this mission but Ive got the "all cities cleared" bug all 4 times I have played it after clearing the second city (Somato), Ihave stopped using enemy tanks,stopped taking prisiners and stopped doing side missions but still I get the bug. I use window xp pro on a fairly new comp.I will try again and hope someone can figure this out

hello,

I am a leutanant now and can enter a ah1 as gunner but not as a pilot, but the ai can enter the plane as a pilot, isnt that weird?

also, how do I tell them to land the plane?

did what the readme siad cant get it to work it loads up and goes back to the mission screen plz help!!

Backup you`re savegames, ALT+TAB out of ArmA, go to the directory where the save is located and rename it.

Now you can save again, and have another save as backup.

Am I missing something? How many points does it take to be promoted to Corporal?

I've been having the hardest time with this mission, since it's ridiculously difficult to do anything alone. But refusing to give up, I've finally successfully completed a side mission by myself. I did the water patrol mission - shot down an enemy KA, destroyed three enemy boats, and completed the mission. I now have 2800 points and I'm still a private. What gives?

Check the notepad on the ingame map. One of the clickies shows all the ranks, points, and items unlocked at each rank. I think the first rank is either 5,000 or 10,000; next is 25,000, then 50,000.... I think. That was a while back so I cant remember for sure.

Take it slow and strategize, it makes the solo thing in the beginning a piece of cake.

Am I missing something?  How many points does it take to be promoted to Corporal?

I've been having the hardest time with this mission, since it's ridiculously difficult to do anything alone.  But refusing to give up, I've finally successfully completed a side mission by myself.  I did the water patrol mission - shot down an enemy KA, destroyed three enemy boats, and completed the mission.  I now have 2800 points and I'm still a private.  What gives?

SAVE your game yay.gif , then go kill some more. pistols.gif

CORPORAL is at 5,000 points.

help i cannot get this thing to work in SP it appears in missions but it loads up and the mission screen is back up what gives? HELP its so fucking awsome it will keep me entertaind for fukin days on end pistols.gif

I still have yet to see a single enemy in any city. Everytime I get near a city, whether it's on foot, on motorcycle or Humvee it says objective complete and a black box appears in the upper left corner with an error message. Those damn messages appear all the time and there are many different ones. All look like jibberish to me. Matter of fact, everytime i leave the main base and hit the road just to the south I get an error message.

Also, the new version will not show my passwords. All that appears is the box to enter the password.... and error messages. I'd put the errors in the post but the are long, don't stay to long and are in jibberish, at least to me.

Oh yeah, when i clear the empty cities and destroy the radio tower. The last 3 cities give me some password like---[null]=QLG-- or something to that effect. I cant remember what the entire message says but thats pretty close to what the end of it says.

What can I do to get this thing to work?huh.gif

Usualy some addons make a 'crash' with this mission, try to play with vanilla(clear) ArmA.

help i cannot get this thing to work in SP it appears in missions but it loads up and the mission screen is back up what gives? HELP its so fucking awsome it will keep me entertaind for fukin days on end pistols.gif

Only the .pbo file has to be put in the missions dir, otherwise it will not work.

As I've said before many times - If you have problems (especially regarding empty cities) I will need EXACT REPRODUCTION STEPS in order to be able to do anything.

Exact Reproduction Steps means that anybody can start a game from scratch, follow your steps, and then see the described behaviour. Unless somebody can put those steps together I will not be able to do anything about this issue.

The "empty city syndrome" also might be caused by a certain addon. So, if you do experience this problem, also list which addons you have installed.

Just like with any bugs with ArmA - If you want a bug to be fixed, be as specific as possible when describing it. This will greatly improve the chances (and the speed) of something being done about it. Statements like "occasionally I see gibberish on the screen" do not help in troubleshooting. If you do get an error message take a screenshot of it and PM it to me (with details of when they appeared).

Am I missing something? How many points does it take to be promoted to Corporal?

I've been having the hardest time with this mission, since it's ridiculously difficult to do anything alone. But refusing to give up, I've finally successfully completed a side mission by myself. I did the water patrol mission - shot down an enemy KA, destroyed three enemy boats, and completed the mission. I now have 2800 points and I'm still a private. What gives?

SAVE your game yay.gif , then go kill some more. pistols.gif

CORPORAL is at 5,000 points.

Oh. I assumed it would be less because of the common savegame bug, and because Kronzky said earlier something like "just kill a T-72 and a few soldiers and you're already a corporal," but a T-72 and "a few" soldiers is only like 1500 points! wink_o.gif

Thanks, Manzilla, for pointing out the notepad to me. I just glanced at it and thought all I saw were objective information. I guess I should have glanced at it harder!

Are commies supposed to be overrunning my base after I earn the first rank?

And are they supposed to be shooting me through walls? Man, I stink at this game!

I played the defend side-mission. the second one i guess, anyway i got a zero devisor error and uazs and bdrms started showing up 4 abreast in a parade . must have been a hundred but no soldiers in them. what a blast i had, they were so close together i blew 1 up and they all started to explode, soon i had 100 bdrms on fire and was a colonel, lol

As I've said before many times - If you have problems (especially regarding empty cities) I will need EXACT REPRODUCTION STEPS in order to be able to do anything.

Exact Reproduction Steps means that anybody can start a game from scratch, follow your steps, and then see the described behaviour. Unless somebody can put those steps together I will not be able to do anything about this issue.

The "empty city syndrome" also might be caused by a certain addon. So, if you do experience this problem, also list which addons you have installed.

Just like with any bugs with ArmA - If you want a bug to be fixed, be as specific as possible when describing it. This will greatly improve the chances (and the speed) of something being done about it. Statements like "occasionally I see gibberish on the screen" do not help in troubleshooting. If you do get an error message take a screenshot of it and PM it to me (with details of when they appeared).

No idea how to take a screenshot and PM it to you or I'd do it everytime. Excuse me for not being an expert using a computer.

Exact repro.... Start the mission clean. Walk to the motorcycle near the helipad. Get on cycle from left side. Ride the cycle to the 1st runway. turn right on 1st runway. Ride down runway until the end of the hangers on the right. After said hangers, immediately turn the cycle due SE and drive straight SE over the grass, over road, over grass and into trees. Weave around a few trees and objective complete appears. If I knew how to take a screenshot and PM it to you I would've.

As far as installed AddOns, you gotta give me a while to come up with that. I have so many that I have absolutely no clue how to begin compiling said list. Since the US version came out I've been adding almost every unit, vehicle, island, mod, weapon, etc. thats on Armaholic.com.