Sign in to follow this  
SouthSaturnDelta

BIS Missions

BIS have given us perhaps the greatest platform to edit and create your own units and missions,in both OFP and Arma.

Sure Arma isnt perfect yet,but bear with it.

This game still shits on the competition!

Try doing some basic mission editing,learn the way of the script and create what you want in a mission yourself,or go play a MP mission, and see what (even in these early days of Arma) is capable using this platform.

The more you put in,the more you get out.

So the SP mission BIS have thrown us arent that good,nor is the campaign a masterpeice but so what?

This community will take this game everywhere you can think of,and I for one love it (even though it does make me mad sometimes).

Stop bitching, and start contibuting -  noone plays Arma for the release missions,we love what we can do with it!!!!!

So you're new to the game - download someone elses SP missions.The game isnt crap because you've played a few sketchy BIS missions.

SSD

I am makeing missions (only need a place to host them) BUT I was expecting a good campaign like in OFP to have a good time between makeing missions.

Also when you make missions you already know how everyting go's and then it aint fun anymore.

Get in a clan that makes it's own co-op missions. It's so much more rewarding seeing how people react to your missions. wink_o.gif

Very true SouthSaturnDelta.

I was trying to convince a mate the other day that Arm A is awsome. He was playing it SP and was telling me about all the troubles he was having.

I sorted him out in 3 stages, patched him up, gave him some good SP missions, and adresses of MP servers to go to, and even gave him my spare mic so he could use Teamspeak.

Now he won't stop bugging me about how awsome the game is.

I think ArmA really does follow the rule, never judge a book by its cover.

Ever thought about those people that don't have the time to make missions and simply want to play a mission without the hassle of learning detailed scripting to acheive the effect they want? Perhaps some people don't have the internet and are stuck with the default missions, what impression are they going to give of the game to that person?

Credit to BIS, they provided an excellent modding platform and at least one or two mission which were worth replaying, but frankly I would have expected more considering the quality of the OFP campaigns and single missions.

As the unknown said, having spent many hours making a mission, you know whats going to happen in most cases, therefore taking all the joy out of the mission.

Quote[/b] ]Ever thought about those people that don't have the time to make missions and simply want to play a mission without the hassle of learning detailed scripting to acheive the effect they want? Perhaps some people don't have the internet and are stuck with the default missions, what impression are they going to give of the game to that person?

A good point,and I agree fully with you here stainer - more should have been done to elaborate their SP offerings as most games do.

But this isnt 'most' games.

My point is that many of us want to take this games further as a community.

We dont like this,so we improve it.

We want to have that,so we make it(give us the damn tools!! tounge2.gif ).

If you want to play a run of the mill shooter that lasts as long as my girlfriends,get BF2. rofl.gif

If you want to play a game whose community constantly improve and evolve its platform on a daily basis,then Arma is right up there.

Get involved,ask people 'how to',read a few simple tuts,offer suggestions,help testing some betas,and give your constructive feedback.

Well personally I really enjoy mucking around in the editor creating scenarios etc, I was just playing devil's advocate with my post. wink_o.gif

However, even in OFP's final months I was still playing "Lost Squad" in MP and "Ambush" in single player, I just can't see myself doing this with any of ArmA's missions.  confused_o.gif

Well personally I really enjoy mucking around in the editor creating scenarios etc, I was just playing devil's advocate with my post. wink_o.gif

However, even in OFP's final months I was still playing "Lost Squad" in MP and "Ambush" in single player, I just can't see myself doing this with any of ArmA's missions.  confused_o.gif

ya will when BIS's OFP missions get converted over to ArmA notworthy.gif

People bitch because the vanilla content deserves bitching, and complaining about something usually gives a clue about what is wrong with it. Doing something else is not going to change the fact that things should be improved, thus the progressive-minded people bitch about things so they could be made better.

_2Lt_Griff @ June 10 2007,13:26)]Very true SouthSaturnDelta.

I was trying to convince a mate the other day that Arm A is awsome. He was playing it SP and was telling me about all the troubles he was having.

I sorted him out in 3 stages, patched him up, gave him some good SP missions, and adresses of MP servers to go to, and even gave him my spare mic so he could use Teamspeak.

Now he won't stop bugging me about how awsome the game is.

I think ArmA really does follow the rule, never judge a book by its cover.

Hehe... how about sharing your info cause I could use it. smile_o.gif Really I had come from the Novalogic Delta Force series and knew where to go for any other content. If you are a new player in this series... you have to look around for this stuff which usually includes learning new terms (OFP, WGL, WP) ect... but you can get the hang of it with some determination. I see the potential of this game completely. I really didn't get it thinking the boxed version would be where all the good stuff is. I found myself looking at videos, screens, reading forums about all the stuff people have added to the game that I had to just get it for myself. I haven't slept much since. tounge2.gif

BIS have given us perhaps the greatest platform to edit and create your own units and missions,in both OFP and Arma.

Sure Arma isnt perfect yet,but bear with it.

This game still shits on the competition!

Try doing some basic mission editing,learn the way of the script and create what you want in a mission yourself,or go play a MP mission, and see what (even in these early days of Arma) is capable using this platform.

The more you put in,the more you get out.

So the SP mission BIS have thrown us arent that good,nor is the campaign a masterpeice but so what?

This community will take this game everywhere you can think of,and I for one love it (even though it does make me mad sometimes).

Stop bitching, and start contibuting -  noone plays Arma for the release missions,we love what we can do with it!!!!!

So you're new to the game - download someone elses SP missions.The game isnt crap because you've played a few sketchy BIS missions.

SSD

AMEN!!!!!!!

I totally agree with this.

And I personally absoulutely love ArmA! biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I paid for the game and expected the realism they talked about before the release. So I will moan until they release QG wink_o.gif

So you'd prefer us to quietly ignore the poor quality of the single player campaign that we paid BI for? Whether you like it or not, Operation Flashpoint bests Arma in story and missions by an absolute country mile. It seems to me that Arma was to get the engine out and to try and make some money to continue development of game2. That seems to be the only logical explanation to me as Arma is a step backwards from OpF in all departments except the game engine.

I paid for the game and expected the realism they talked about before the release. So I will moan until they release QG wink_o.gif

I second that.

I paid for the game. Mainly because of the SP and the editor, as I don't play MP (often).

I make missions, now can I moan about how bad the SP aspect is (which is, as I said, one of the main reasons why I bought the game)?

What if I was just a lazy a**, and didn't want to make my own missions...does it change anything? wink_o.gif The sp deserves to be moan about, more than any other aspect of the game.

ok i will iknore this from bis budt i hope the will creat a better campaine in the exspension and i hope the will fix the main campaine and missions as well and yea This game still shits on the competition!