Sign in to follow this  
Junker

ATI v Nvidia in Arma

Why are they holding up pistols to your head, execution style, in the picture when your face is dark?

pretty weird indeed. Is it originally dark or pale? I suppose dark?

I don't know what it might cause though confused_o.gif

edit: typo

No idea myself, BUT, I had gotten someone to create me a custom face, and with my ATI Card, I seen myself with pale skin and red hair, which I do not have. I have brown hair, white skin, but not THAT white. No idea what NVIDIA people seen me as, but someone had told me that it's an issue with ATI cards....

Yeah ATI cards always show the face as pale.. havent heard about Nvidia being dark..

And if it something to do with shaders.. ATI cards usually have a few more shaders than Nvidia, but ATI cards are crayp. (speaking from experience :P next time Nvidia all the way!wink_o.gif

i also find inside hangers and buildings the shadows turn BRIGHT grey not sure what the Nvidia see.

i had made a custom face and when i joined a server ATI people saw me as pale but Nvidia people saw me as dark.

ATI View - PALE

Nvidia View - DARK

is this some sort of shader thing ??

His face is pale because you are pointing pistol at him, and about to execute him.....  rofl.gif

My friend has Nvidia and i never saw this issue on his ArmA, only problem with ATI that i noticed all textures I make in photoshop appear very bright in ArmA.....  crazy_o.gif Had Nvidia before and no problems, now i'm asking myself "Why i bough ***** ATI!!!!?" and there is no digital vibrance feature biggrin_o.gif

There seems to be some problem with SRGB conversion for some texture formats on some ATI cards. PAA textures (stored in DXT1 format) do not show this problem.