Sign in to follow this  
neutrix

Freeze after 10 - 25 minutes play

Hi guys,

I've recently come across a problem in Arma 1.05 where after playing for about 20 minutes the screen just freezes, as if I'd pressed the pause button or something. I cannot do anything, can't move the mouse, alt tab to windows, it just hard crashes and I have to reboot using the on/off button. Has anyone else experienced this bug or know what might be causing it?

I'm using:

Vista 32bit Business

Core2Duo x6800

2x 8800GTX in SLI on the 158.42 drivers

2GB RAM

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have the same problem on my PC...Even with medium settings...

WindowsXp SP2

Core2Duo 6600

GF8800GTS 320mb

1gb Ram

I'd prefer not to install 1.07 until it is released properly, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give it a go. Symbiot, if you are having the same problem under XP then it is unlikely to be a driver issue as I first thought it might be. Is anyone on 1.07 getting this problem?

Thanks for the replies.

I have 1.07 (last fix) and also have this problem.

This happened also with first 1.07 beta but it takes longer to accur (not sure about this).

Would like no know if ATI users also have this problem.

AMD x2 4200+

Nvidea 7800GT

2GB DDR

similiar problem here - after 15-25 minutes game crashe, I get this zzzzzz noice and windows shows up, the game simply disapears. 8800 GTS on 4300 @ 3ghz, 2gb, settings on low, 22 inch LCD on native res.

I both love and hate this game sad_o.gif

Are you on 1.05 as well Leckig? At least I'm not alone with this problem smile_o.gif. Has anyone submitted it as a bug to fix on the official bug tracker or shall I do it? (I've never done that before and I'm not exactly sure how).

i have the USA version, which is 1.06 i think. Each time i play MP, i usually get to the target and the same moment poooop...

great game, but needs soooo much polishing, maybe I should have waited another year?? banghead.gif

hello,

Idem to you 15-25Mn = Lag relag and lag again (1-3 FPS) and for end Freeze (Must Reboot caus not access to the Taskmanager)

Snif :'(

My Config :

Quote[/b] ]

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

ASUS P5N32-E SLI CHIPSET 680I

ALBATRON GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

SoundMAX ADI1988A - Driver V6.10.2.6110

2X(Dual-Chan) KINGSTON 1GO DDR2-533 PC4200 (2048 Mo)

Windows XP 32Bit Home, DirectX 9.0c April 2007 Version

nVidia ForceWare V158.22

Similar problem:

After 8-15 minutes, black screen followed sometimes by a Win XP message, but most of the time a freeze and need a reboot.

- Win XP up-to-date

- Nvidia latest stable

- GF 7650 GT

- AMD 3800 XP

- Arma 1.07 VII

so looks like this is not only the 8800 problem. Shall we wait until the version 1.96 comes out?

I have the same problem, 10 - 20 mins or so but anything from 1 - 60 has been experienced, sudden BSOD and hard crash, leading to my having to pull the power to reboot.

The demo version worked perfectly, was smooth as silk on medium settings and never crashed (only ever in the MP games)

Why should I go to 1.07 if it is still in beta? Is it that much better

I have ATI driver 6.7 as recommended.

version 1.05

AMD Athlon 3500 Venice

X850XT Card 256 MB

1 GB Ram

XP

Excellent cooling throughout.

Why should I go to 1.07 if it is still in beta? Is it that much better

Because Patches are made to resolve problems, add new features etc. etc. As such, if some version doesn't run properly on your system, it's logical to assume that a new version might just do the trick for you...

Well going up to 1.07 won't make any difference anyway as people have confirmed the issue is still there in this version. If you don't feel comfortable upgrading until 1.07 is final then I wouldn't worry about it, simply because it won't fix your problem.

Well going up to 1.07 won't make any difference anyway as people have confirmed the issue is still there in this version. If you don't feel comfortable upgrading until 1.07 is final then I wouldn't worry about it, simply because it won't fix your problem.
Ah, didn't notice that part yet, still you asked why go to v1.07beta, on which I replied smile_o.gif

To get OnTopic, anyone of you tried to run the game with added parameter: -maxmem=768 ?

If I don't use that setting in v1.07.5157, then my game crashes with memory mapping error after a while aswell, it just doesn't pull down my whole system smile_o.gif

Hehe, actually I'm a different person to the guy that asked the question smile_o.gif. I just started the topic.

I'll give that a go later and see if it fixed anything. Thanks for the help.

Ah, didn't notice that part yet, still you asked why go to v1.07beta, on which I replied smile_o.gif

To get OnTopic, anyone of you tried to run the game with added parameter: -maxmem=768 ?

If I don't use that setting in v1.07.5157, then my game crashes with memory mapping error after a while aswell, it just doesn't pull down my whole system smile_o.gif

I will give this a go - Who knows, it might even work?!?! great game, poor use of pc technology. OFP was wicked as well, but this is so unrealiable and slow it just kills me, sometimes literally in game!

I just tried adding -maxmem=768 to the shortcut and while it appeared to last a little longer, it still froze after not very long. I've discovered that if I'm sat on the main menu and let the camera in the background roll, it will freeze before it gets to the team credits. With the maxmem addition I got to the first 3 names in the credits before it froze, I'm really at a loss as to what could be causing it. It seems to last longer when I'm actually playing the game, possibly because the camera doesn't jump around so much. I'm inclined to think that this may be a memory management issue.

try update at 1.07

I didn't have this crash on 1.5 since i have installed in 1.7 my game crash after 5 or 10 min playing.

What is annoying, is during reboot XP need to scan my HD... 5 min spended each time...

Getting this one as well (1.05 running on XP with geforce card). Plays fine with no hangs or lag for a while... sometimes as long as 45 min but eventually I get 2-3 multiple second hangs then either a crash to desktop or my monitor just cuts out and hangs the entire system.

Same problem here...if I let the game run at the title screen I get the same problem, I can move the mouse cursor around but the game absolutely freezes...just beautiful...maybe it's just best to wait until this game is patched a hell of a lot more because it's unplayable to many ppl right now as is... banghead.gif

Pentium D 2.8 ghz dual core

2 gb DDR2 RAM

Radeon 1900GT 16x PCI-E

Foxconn 955+ Motherboard

All updated drivers even 7.4 Catalyst

I would like to ear the explanation of Develloper here...

I'm not able to play, we need a stable game...

I had this problem until I set maxmem=1024. I have 2 gigs of ram and first was trying maxmem=1500 but it still crashed. Since I set it to 1024 the game has not crashed. Try various memory settings and see if it fixes your crashing issue

I just tried that and unfortunately it made no difference sad_o.gif. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.