Sign in to follow this  
neutrix

Freeze after 10 - 25 minutes play

Nonpoint,

Will try your maxmem=1024 settings, I also tried 1500 maxmem, got to play a lil' longer however still got a crash a few more mins in....

setting it to maxmem=512 solved these crashes for me. Any other numbers did not work for me.

Maxmem=1024 gave me a hard reboot in game while maxmem=512 gave me a drwtsn32 msg CTD...I would love to play this game as it is the best military sim I've played but the bugs need to be fixed because we simply can't play BIS..especially ATI users it seems..

the bugs need to be fixed because we simply can't play BIS..especially ATI users it seems..

I use NVidia Geforce and i have problem to

Any suggestions what I should set my maxmem to?

I got Nvidia GeForce 7300 GS 512MB with 1024MB DDR2 RAM?

Well none of them make any difference for me. If I were you I'd give 256, 512, 768, and 1024 MB a go.

I can recall these problems happening for a lot of past PC games after launch, ArmA doesn't like our computers so it must be taught a serious lesson by the code programmers to LOVE our computers tounge2.gif which will probably take some time. Either way i'll still be here waiting for the new patches, no other PC game appeals to me to the same extent. Just been playing OFP meanwhile, try the Dynamic Afghanistan campaign while we wait...you won't be as sad about ArmA! pistols.gif

Any suggestions what I should set my maxmem to?

I have Nvidia GeForce 7300 GS 512MB with 1024MB DDR2 RAM?

Set you PC to autodestruction and play at the USUK Mad suicide server...  biggrin_o.gif

Well I'm fed up with ARMA, to much playing at OFP (since 4 year everyday)... No enough mission, not enough unit, not enough support, same limitation (no radar, no scrambler, no AA missile tank, no flare, no shaff, AA men niver trying to rearm)...

I need Starcraft II now

Ho, I just checked and the game crash even with 1.50, i don't  know if is due to an inofficial addons or the game it self

I'm running the standard 1.05 with no addons and have the problem so I don't think that it is caused by them.

Yeah, same with me. After 25-30 minutes of play, game crashes with my desktop in 16 colors and I have to reboot. It mentions an error on arma.exe as well. I have euro version patched to 1.05

A64 X2 4200+

2 GB RAM

GeForce 7950GT 512MB

Any developer could say something about this. I see plenty of users with same problem banghead.gif

I put maxmem 1200 and it did wonders to me - no more crashes!

I just tried setting maxmem to 1200, it crashed before it even got to the main menu... I don't think that this is an issue that can be fixed by changing the memory amount. I've tried almost every setting possible and never lasted more then 5 minutes without a crash.

Whenever it's not auto rebooting, I get back into the desktop with a D3D9.DLL message. Something with DirectX? Occassionally with a 16 color desktop that hardly responds. Updated to the new (beta) 91.24 NVIDIA drivers with no impact.

Did anyone log this as an official bug in the buglist so that BIS is able to find a solution?

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ May 27 2007,10:05)]In my eyes it is definitely caused by overheating of either CPU or GPU or both.

My CPU is on 52C and my GPU is on 72C while I am playing ArmA, so I don't think this is overheating. And sometimes I also get the D3D9.DLL message too.

Nah, it is definitely not overheating for me either, all other games (even ones that stress the system a lot) don't cause a problem. Also stress test programs don't run into any problems, couple that with the fact that it's freezing in here and it probably isn't heat smile_o.gif.

EDIT : I haven't set it as a bug on the bug tracker because I'm not a registered member of the bug tracker yet and I hoped that someone else who had the problem might do it for me. I suppose that was a bit lazy in hindsight.

I've had this problem lately as well. It only just popped its ugly head a few days ago. I think it is either my sound card or video card drivers, as those are the only things I have reconfigured lately.

Specs:

AMD64 X2 5200+

ASUS M2N-32 SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition

2gb DDR2 800

2 7950GTs SLI

Audigy 2 Value

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ May 27 2007,13:05)]In my eyes it is definitely caused by overheating of either CPU or GPU or both.

So why did'nt happen with other games ?

Is it too difficult for you developers to post here and let us know your comments on this? C'mon, you should been reading the posts in the troubleshooting forum and give feedback everyday. We all paid for a product that you created and we can barelly use! I was a great fan of OFP and BIS in the past, but today i see the company does not care about their customers anymore banghead.gif

We all know how you feel Netwalker, trust me...I haven't been able to play a full mission for about 3 months now....right now BIS is hard at work trying to get us a new patch I'm 100% sure...just give it some time..this stuff happens with new software..

I have the same problem. It crashes in about 3 minutes of play when in medium graphic mode and it lasts like 20 minutes when in very low mode. All other games I play have never frozen my computer.

My system is the following:

Windows XP SP2

1 gig of RAM

Intel P4 2.53 GHZ

NVIDIA 6600 GT video card 128 megs of RAM

I"m running the US ARMA version 1.06

Not sure if it will add anything, but for the record:

- If I had a crash, graphics in other programs are corrupt & if I run DXDIAG, DirectX tests all fail. Something with 16 bit color. Only a reboot will help

- Low or non complicated graphics/textures in Arma seem to hold longer

- In between SHIFT + FLUSH do not solve the problem

- In 1.05 and before I used to have this LOD thing ater 5-25 miniutes where it kept reloading the textures evere second, continuesly. Strangly enough in 1.07 the reboot or freeze happens at a similar moment in time.

If more players share details we may be able to give BIS some idea's to solve this issue.

Not sure if it will add anything, but for the record:

- If I had a crash, graphics in other programs are corrupt & if I run DXDIAG, DirectX tests all fail. Something with 16 bit color. Only a reboot will help

- Low or non complicated graphics/textures in Arma seem to hold longer

- In between SHIFT + FLUSH do not solve the problem

- In 1.05 and before I used to have this LOD thing ater 5-25 miniutes where it kept reloading the textures evere second, continuesly. Strangly enough in 1.07 the reboot or freeze happens at a similar moment in time.

If more players share details we may be able to give BIS some idea's to solve this issue.

I have same problem with 16-colors desktop. DirectX also fails on all tests after this, so I have to restart PC.

Before the crash, I see strange textures and LOD behavior. Screen starts to blink for some moments, then it just crashes.

I really hope that this 1.07 patch fix all this.

Where do I change this 'maxmem'? Also, does Nvidia not have new drivers yet for 7900GS running in Vista?