Sign in to follow this  
sisco55

vbs1

Can you buy VBS1? is it worth the ginormous pricetag? What does it add to the OFP engine?

Can you buy VBS1? is it worth the ginormous pricetag? What does it add to the OFP engine?

VBS Store.

Is it worth the price? Now with ArmA out, no I doubt it. (This is my very personal opinion).

Compared to OFP there's not so much difference then some people expect to be. It has a lot more scripting possibilities etc. but it's still the (slightly improved) OFP engine.

No discussion here about how l33t VBS is or what it did to the community etc. etc. or this topic face the same destiny then the others in the past. wink_o.gif

Better close it, W0lle... These threads always go the same way...

(My only curiosity would be why one would consider buying VBS1 when VBS2 is out or soon going to be out...)

And those are my last words on this thread, you can quote me on that...

Because VBS2 is even more expensive than VBS1.

For the price of VBS1 you can buy Arma and the PC upgrades to run it. wink_o.gif

If someone asks if buying VBS is worth the price, a discussion of features vs. price would naturally arise, but if we can't discuss features what's the point of keeping the thread open?

It just doesn't make sense to me.

nr1#:Hello!

nr2#:Hi!

nr1#:This ice cream is expensive, do you think I should buy it?

nr2#:Yes.

nr1#:Hmm does it taste good?

nr2#:Oh yeah indeed.

nr1#:Well, what does it taste like?

nr2#:I'm sorry I can't tell you that.

nr3#:Oh that tastes like banana!

nr2#:I'm sorry we're going to have to close our store now.

nr1#:Huh? It's 10 am.

nr2#:Please leave.

Might sound stupid but that's just the way I see it.

well the only thing why VBS2 is THAT expensive that it seems to come with all the addons that were made to buy seperate for vbs1 are build in

like an AAR or observer.

but thats of course pure speculation from my side

If someone asks if buying VBS is worth the price, a discussion of features vs. price would naturally arise, but if we can't discuss features what's the point of keeping the thread open?

I've not said "Don't discuss the features" etc.

I said I don't want another hijacked topic with flaming like all the other VBS topics was in the past.

Let's say this is some sort of an experiment if people here can stay on topic longer then 24h. So far it doesn't look bad. tounge2.gif

@sisco55

Feel free to PM me if you got more questions or need more details.

we have to pratcice not talking about vbs1 or vbs2 in detail.. anyway why get vbs1 when vbs1 lite is coming out?? i will tell you about vbs1 lite but i am afraid if it is included in VBS disscusions, so i want talk about it. but in my opnion vbs1 lite is worth the price and if you like it so munch then go get the fulll vbs1.

anyway arma is going to be simular to vbs1 soon. why pay all that money when you get features that are even better then vbs?? arma already has an afghanistan map( which is still in a wip stage, but still cool) so when the tools come out we will have vbs2 features in arma. and there is now BIG modders working on arma to change the hole intire game..

I want vbs1 aswell... but arma has some better features and more to come by modders.

forget the typos, i wrote this as fast as i can..lol

Why buy VBS1 when you can buy ArmA? Unless you want to train an army or something, you're wasting your money. With modding, ArmA can do more than VBS1 anyway.

Why would a normal person want VBS1?

Why buy VBS1 when you can buy ArmA? Unless you want to train an army or something, you're wasting your money. With modding, ArmA can do more than VBS1 anyway.

Why would a normal person want VBS1?

Why vbs1 when you can have Arma?

I liked vbs1 alot, 2/3 years ago it was pretty good, now its shelved.

Arma for 39.99 is the best thing ever inlove.gif .

Why buy ArmA if you can buy vbs1 biggrin_o.gif stop this stupid bullsh*t ... maybe the dude doesn't even like ArmA.. because it is to lagy and pc demanding.. arma isn't worth buying a new pc sad_o.gif

I suggest you go for the vbs1 ... it has lots of cool addons and features.. and playing it with friends over at lan is very interesting.. I once only tested vbs1 lite and i was quite impressed i knew it was ofp engine but still it was something different smile_o.gif

from your replys it seems that VBS1 dosn't realy add anything to OFP. Thanks for your replys. I would have wasted my money on soething pretty much the smae as somethig I already have.

well vbs1 isnt an ofp addon..

its standalone..

it sure might be pretty equal to ofp

its just has more realism in it than ofp does

and more functions

it also doesnt come with any campaign function

just some sample missions

VBS1 DVD Suite

$1,177!!!

WOW that's a spicey meat a ball! I'd have to sell my kidney to afford that crazy_o.gif

So the real question stands..Is VBS1 worth a kidney?

VBS1 DVD Suite

$1,177!!!

WOW that's a spicey meat a ball! I'd have to sell my kidney to afford that crazy_o.gif

So the real question stands..Is VBS1 worth a kidney?

My 2 cents:

VBS1 is a tool, how you use it depends on if it worth it.

For example. Take a wrench that’s stored somewhere in your home. You may use it at times to do what ever, but take a wrench of a mechanic who uses it on a daily basis.

So you still think its worth a kidney?

2 kidneys , and that's my final offer! wink_o.gif

btw a mechanic's #1 tool is his knowledge and that is far more valuable than his wrenches.

VBS1 still has some realism features that ArmA doesn't still, but I wouldn't get it now. VBS2 is out and I know its more expensive, but after a short while it should decrease (hopefully).

What does this mean?

Quote[/b] ]

The release version is fully featured, including:

* All Armed Assault game add-ons

Is that suggesting community made content or just the addons incorporated into the different distros?

btw a mechanic's #1 tool is his knowledge and that is far more valuable than his wrenches.

Then how can he apply his knowledge without tools?  Thats my point if you dont have the knowledge of how to simulate warefare operations, etc into VBS1 or 2 then why bother getting the software?

Oh an VBS1:DVD Suite is $980 US dollars.

Quote[/b] ]What does this mean?

The release version is fully featured, including:

* All Armed Assault game add-ons

Is that suggesting community made content or just the addons incorporated into the different distros?

only official BIS ArmA content.

no user made addons

Unless you are using it to train an army, why get that instead of ArmA? Spending so much money on something that you are just going to use as a game is pretty pointless. And you wont have anybody to play online with. Playing VBS1 on your own is going to get pretty boring.

And who do you share your custom addons and missions with? Very few people play it.