Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

2nd Beta 1.07.5157 feedback thread

Lunatic @ May 17 2007,09:52)]
yes i've addons...

...dont u use addons?!  wow_o.gif

yes... 1.07 does not work with addons  icon_rolleyes.gif if you can believe that

It does work with addons, but the class has changed so the addons need to be reworked into the new method. (From Suma)

For me i still get the lod when i reload a mission, then it gets worse, the better, then worse......random!

However on a positive note my CTD's have gone fro now!

did you used the flush......erm......cheat?

I'm not sure if this is specific to latest build, I didn't have chance to test previous 1.7beta.

When going inside buildings, I get small "rays" that radiate from center of the screen towards edges. This is using GeForce 7900GS in Windows XP with latest official driver version 93.71.

I tested this using Evolution 1.05a multiplayer map, any of huts near spawn point at South Sahrani airport have same exact bug.

Inside a building in 1.05:

http://img126.imagevenue.com/img.php....7lo.jpg

Inside a building in 1.07 build 5157 at same spot:

http://img183.imagevenue.com/img.php....2lo.jpg

It looks bit like typical glitch that results from overheating, but I tried to eliminate that factor by actually underclocking both GPU and VRAM and testing both 1.05 and 1.07 back to back. When hraphics card is running at same temperature and same Mhz this only happens in 1.07 but not in 1.05.

Oh uh, you're not alone there...

I get these very small "rays" too, against a building wall, ground, etc. Its hard to capture on a pic because they are hard to see and they move around, mine are black tho huh.gif .

I havent tried to trace what causes it (see if its caused by a specific graphic setting).

Those "rays" are the shadows of the flies.

Looks like there is a bug with the bugs.

MfG Lee tounge2.gif

am i the only one who think that they are also in other games?

Well, things did seem good, but now I seem to be getting random crashes with no apparent reason after ~15 minutes of gaming. I did notice that I only get the crashes when zooming in or out. Weird. I've got the good ole maxmem=512 going, as well as HDRPrecision=32.

Well, things did seem good, but now I seem to be getting random crashes with no apparent reason after ~15 minutes of gaming. I did notice that I only get the crashes when zooming in or out. Weird. I've got the good ole maxmem=512 going, as well as HDRPrecision=32.

try HDR set to 16?

I'm getting the LOD bug more than ever. Whats going on? Has this patch fixed problems with the 8800 at the expense of other video cards?

Plus, Please will you fix the damage settings to Aircraft. Helis and Planes are getting shot down way to easily now by APC's tanks and fixed machine guns. Surely this is not very realisitic!!!

can you give us the value in your ArmA.cfg file located at your My Documents/ArmA folder? and also your spec. and settings

@CM

what version of driver you using?

last night i have been playing around in the A10 mission for more then an hr and i have no crash, my spec is almost same as you confused_o.gif

can you give us the value in your ArmA.cfg file located at your My Documents/ArmA folder? and also your spec. and settings

He's running everything maxed out with very high view distance on a very overclocked system... why set hdr precision to 32?

I once tried 16, it made the game run slower, blurry and messed up the lighting (sun glare).

Using v158.42 for Vista-32, also tried the WHQL 158.18, as well as the 165.xx series. Changing the maxmem=xxxx command simply gives me the LOD bug, and I still get crashes.

Settings: as Heatseeker said.

Specs (I throttled back to a setting I've never gotten a crash on, ever, to see if it was hardware related):

- E6600 @ 3.4GHz.

- 2GB DDRII @ 1134MHz

- P5W DH Deluxe

- EN8800GTX

- 2 x Raptors (1 x 36, 1 x 150 GE).

- Creative SB Audigy 2ZS.

New beta... well...errr...

Quote[/b] ]When going inside buildings, I get small "rays" that radiate from center of the screen towards edges.

Get this one too on 7900 Geforce. I did not start well at all for me. Anti-aliasing was stuck on disabled for a starter. After a while of going through settings in a frenzy I managed somehow to unlock it, by selecting a new graphics mode.

For some reason the overall performance is worse than before. Fortunately there are no flying or strectching polygons anymore.

Let's see what I have been experiencing. Bought 1.04 Euro version, got patched to 1.05 which still had bugs. After that there has been no less than three beta patches, but we seem to be stuck. Every patch brings along new bugs sad_o.gif

Oh and the new thing with 1.07 are crashes that happen from time to time when turning in on vehicles. This kinda crash sends me always to the desktop.

Generally good so far.

LOD problems are *for the most part* fixed. When there's alot of action going on with view distance over 1500, the LOD problems still show up with my 8800GTX.

The cockpit of the A10 will flicker to low detail, flying over towns will cause their LOD to flicker. When I was looking at American soldiers and tanks with my KSVK at 900m range, their LODs were partially changing. Portions of the Abrams and Strykers were switching and flickering. Soldiers helmets and vests were also flickering.

Huge improvement though. Hopefully it can be improved moreso.

i cant think of anything that i could help you now, CM you better sent your crash report to BI

No problems patching the German Online version. Didn't ask any additional activation. thumbs-up.gif

i cant think of anything that i could help you now, CM you better sent your crash report to BI

Well, you'll find this interesting, then. I just set HDRPrecision to 64, and maxmem=256, just to see what would happen.

No drop in FPS, as yet no crash. Been playing for a good 20. Hmmm.

Important Note considering the rays appearing with 7900 in and on buildings etc.

The rays are coming from the player's shadow. So it is a shadow related bug.

I'm not sure if this is specific to latest build, I didn't have chance to test previous 1.7beta.

When going inside buildings, I get small "rays" that radiate from center of the screen towards edges. This is using GeForce 7900GS in Windows XP with latest official driver version 93.71.

I tested this using Evolution 1.05a multiplayer map, any of huts near spawn point at South Sahrani airport have same exact bug.

Inside a building in 1.05:

http://img126.imagevenue.com/img.php....7lo.jpg

Inside a building in 1.07 build 5157 at same spot:

http://img183.imagevenue.com/img.php....2lo.jpg

It looks bit like typical glitch that results from overheating, but I tried to eliminate that factor by actually underclocking both GPU and VRAM and testing both 1.05 and 1.07 back to back. When hraphics card is running at same temperature and same Mhz this only happens in 1.07 but not in 1.05.

Same happens on my Radeon 9800 Pro. Didn't happen with the previous 1.07 beta.

Well, you'll find this interesting, then. I just set HDRPrecision to 64, and maxmem=256, just to see what would happen.

No drop in FPS, as yet no crash. Been playing for a good 20. Hmmm.

did your HDD goes crazy?

WarWolf @ May 17 2007,02:33)] ... for my joystick is now doing weird things. Something screwy with the button mapping.

The one that is annoying and most noticeable is the UP direction on the POV2 (which I normally map as '[' ) is doing the '[' okay, but also pressing the return(enter) key - or doing that enter/select function anyway.

Keeps ejecting me from the helicopter whenever I try using the menu... :S

We have concentrated on it and it is fixed at last.

Quote[/b] ]did your HDD goes crazy?

Nup. I'm alt-tabbing back and forth, and it seems to be rock solid, and the ole HD is silent, except when loading missions. Nuts? huh.gif  smile_o.gif

Yep. Originating from the location where the shadow's head is. You still seem to have the ufos in the sky. I had large dark squares among the clouds and on the sea with the first 1.07 beta.

EDIT: Outside (in sunlight) the "rays" are black. Inside buildings they are white, but still follow the Sun's direction.

? wow_o.gif