Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Sick to death of beta patches and activations

I have the download version of the game and already i'm sick to death about these beta patches. BIS, patches are always going to be buggy so when do they decide it is nolonger a beta?

Each time they bring out a beta i have to reactivate my game, and with only so many activations its already becomming a pain in the arse.

Couldn't they come up with somthing better then the activation crap. I mean its not like the game was any cheaper for the hassel.

Does anyone know the email for the german download version please. I need some more activations.

Hey m8, just pretend the beta's arent released.

keep playing the last non beta version and happyly upgrade when the next 'official non beta' patch is released.

Problem solved...

I have the download version of the game and already i'm sick to death about these beta patches. BIS, patches are always going to be buggy so when do they decide it is nolonger a beta?

Each time they bring out a beta i have to reactivate my game, and with only so many activations its already becomming a pain in the arse.

Couldn't they come up with somthing better then the activation crap. I mean its not like the game was any cheaper for the hassel.

Does anyone know the email for the german download version please. I need some more activations.

Same problem here

dont download the beta's then?

Well i once heard 106 been beta tested and yet 106 was never released as an official patch.

Now we are testing beta 107 and people are finding bugs, so does that mean we are now going to skip 107 patch and beta test 108 without ever releasing 107 as an offical patch?

This game is always going to have bugs, so they may aswell just release the beta patch as an offical one.

Can someone tell me where to email for the german download version of the game. I need more activations. Thanks!

what you heard is one thing reality is another ...

1.06 is US version ... it wasn't skipped ...

anyway there is HUGE warning in 1.07beta readme that "IT"s BETA" and "ON YOUR OWN RISK" and "NOT RECOMMENDED TO ONLINE DOWNLOAD VERSIONS USERS"

Support

http://petergames.de/index.php?id=4

You were warned in the readme!

Bis cant help it that you lack mental skills.

By the way the fact that it doesn't work is probably not even under their control.

<sick joke>

Maybe they use it as some kind of idiotfilter...

(remember Larry where you had to give answers to some silly questions before you where able to play the game)

</sick joke>

Without public betas it would take even longer to find bugs and there might be more patches.

Maybe they use it as some kind of idiotfilter...

^^  rofl.gif

I've been thinking the same thing but I thought it was too cruel to post something like that. Kudos to your balls.

Quote[/b] ]Without public betas it would take even longer to find bugs and there might be more patches.

Absolutely correct. The problem is, people see "Public BETA patch 1.07. Test at your own risk!"...

and all they read is "...... patch 1.07 ...... " ... wow_o.gif

I would love to test the beta-patches... but the f_ucking sprocket noncense makes it to much of a hassle.

Think whatever you wan't about it, the Sprocket crap will make me, always have a little hatred in my mind banghead.gif

On the plus side, having the Sprocket version means I don't have to use a CD to play. biggrin_o.gif

Because this problems are foreseeable i buy my games on DVD/CD, never online without an disk to reinstall, patch, whatever and whenever and how often i want.

Even if it cost me more money, i want the disk and not only the files.

Its bs anyway because you need a legit unique cdkey to play online, are people really going to "pirate" the game just for sp?, these companies are so full of it, I made a mistake buying the metaboli release online because I couldn't wait but I wont be making the same mistake twice.