Sign in to follow this  
Swatman

i got banned from like the only populated american

its the beer drinkers server. some guy boxed me between a black hawk and him, and he wouldnt move and i couldnt move because i was stuck between them, so i kill him and he cries to the admins and i got banned from the server. is a ban permanent? because im very angry right now. the guy that did it was named thaylen btw.

Beer drinking assassins?

Yeah the leader of that clan is a total douche to people. Might have a hard time unbanning you if it's up to him.

bah dammit, sucks that foreign servers have high ping and i have no clue what they are saying.. so is there an automatic limit on ban or is it whenever that supposed douche feels like unbanning?

Bans are permanent unless the leader decides to un ban you after a set time. But the ban wont remove its self.

bah dammit, sucks that foreign servers have high ping and i have no clue what they are saying.. so is there an automatic limit on ban or is it whenever that supposed douche feels like unbanning?

Try explaining the situation to whoever the leader of the clan is. He might give you another chance.

Their website is here. Starting a topic about getting banned isn't going to do you any good.

Beer drinking assassins?

Yeah the leader of that clan is a total douche to people. Might have a hard time unbanning you if it's up to him.

dude you took the words right out of my mouth

"oh you didn't bring a smoke grenade, then i can't pick you up if you didn't"

wow_o.gif

im not spending 40$ just to get unbanned.. lol

Um hello,

Did you ask the chap to move so you could get unstuck?

Did you try to respawn?

Well, I wasnt there, so I cant comment, but I might boot you off as well (given the info you put up here) As Tking is a prevelent proplem in Arma (do a search to read all the gossip).

Luckily you are not on the global ban list so I doubt you will have problems getting onto other low ping servers.

I understand that there arn't many servers about at the moment, but wait a bit and like Europe you'll soon see more servers springing up that you can join.

Just remember many servers have their own ettiquette and on the most part TKing is severly frowned upon.

Take this as a learning experience and Im sure youll have many happy MP/SP playing hours with Arma

Rgds

LoK

I was thinking this to.

You may have been boxed in, but was team killing the first thing you did?

I do hope not, because that's the last thing you wanted to do. If you want out, you mention the guy blocking you to an admin. If he doesnt move then, the admin should then warn, then kick the guy.

Instead, you've ended up in the sh!t. Sorry confused_o.gif

If you want a chance at getting unbanned...

1.) Avoid refering to BDA admins as douche bags.

2.) Located the website and PM the banning admin (or breeze) and explain what happened.

3.) Display maturity and respect in your messages and relax.

I'm sure BIS doesn't like topics in their forums about these types of situations.

www.thebeerdrinkingassassins.com

Bans Are permanent because i refuse to babysit, I have run alot of game servers and none if the reputeable servers such as LOL, VS or other long time clans would ever tolerate the crap that has been going on here. If you do not want to be banned then talk to people like you want to be talked to and when someone is tking you do NOT retaliate report them. There is Zero tolerance for racist remarks which alot of you have been banned for and the people that do act like adults deserve a clean server so again dont team kill and hop on ts for help if your new. Your best way into the server is through team speak.

SWATMAN read snoopy's post thats why you arent being let back in

http://thebeerdrinkingassassins.com/forums....757&hl=

Hello

I can't see the post that the last chap was on about as I'm not regged to the BDA board.

But, If you are on a private server you are essentially in that chaps/chapesses "lounge" and have to abide by their rules whether you like it or not. (like here really)

Whether you think that thier rules are draconian or otherwise, they ARE the folks that are paying for the server/site to be up and must respect their rulings.

Now, I'm no Arma fanboy, but even though i push the envolope occasionally I try to keep to the rules even though i may not agree with them.

I work in a nightclub and often see folk who are unhappy with the way we run it, but at the end of the day its our business and while your on our property you have to conduct yourself in a certain way, regardless how another club may let you behave.

I occasionally think this board (god bless it) can be a bit "tough", BUT if I dont like it I can reg on another board and vent my spleen there.

I think alot of folk (not particularly anyone in this thread) take it as a god given right to do what they want and get offended when they get shot down about it.

IMHO there are folk who occasionally take things a bit far and get sarcastic or rude to folks who innocently post here, but hey thats just me.

BUT, if I ran a server and I saw TKing I would approach and find out reason why, and if I didnt get a descent reason then i would kick/ban too.

Ok maybee the reason perhaps is justified (i have occasionally tked a Pilot running around with an rpg an ak due to the low res i run at and the fact they look damn russian!wink_o.gif

But I always profusly apologise and explain my actions.

Not quite sure what my point is here4 as I just got back from work at 5 am but im sure I had a valid one when i started.

Again, if one has been banned, approach the admin in a reasoned way and if the reasons were valid im sure one will be let on again.

Servers may be harsh at the moment, but it is with reason and the game will be better for it.

Be cool and calm.

Emailing stuff like "WTF U BAN ME FU!!!" will not help.

Take a reasoned approach and im sure (if one is a nice chap/chapess) youll get back on.

Rgds

LoK

PS I'll clarify my point when I remember what the blimmin heck it was.It's been a looooong night

PPS. I dont know what appened, but if rascist comments where going on the a ban IMHO is def appropriate as well as a submission to the GBL.

PPPS.

Quote[/b] ]1.) Avoid refering to BDA admins as douche bags.

That really wont help. (i mean referring to em as that NOT avoiding smile_o.gif )

Once I was playing in the BDA server and some of the BDA members were accidentally transmitting over the VoN in-game instead of TS2. Someone mentioned it over text chat that they could hear him (and they weren't in the BDA TS2). They said that couldn't be and I chimed in and said I was hearing him too.

He got really angry and abusive, saying how we were idiots and obviously we were wrong and of course he knows how to work his game software. I kinda pointed out it was rather obvious that he was transmitting over VoN because I was hearing his voice without being on TS2 at all (as well as his swearing about this guy (me) that was so dumb and ruining it for everyone (??)

Eventually I ended up being kicked. Oh, ToxicShock, you boggle the mind.

I don't know, I've tried to explain to some people that even if you own the server, I still feel the guest deserves respect as a human being (like not TKing/kicking/whatever him just because you can and it's your server and you have somehow purchased the right to abuse anyone who joins.) Some people agree with me, A LOT don't.

These posts are not only fictional but totally against the forum rules. That doesn't surprise me at all though being as many of you have been banned from our server for your poor choice of language and the way many of you approach your time on peoples servers.

many of you believe that we server operators are here for you we should go out of our way for you?. We owe you something?

Lets put this ion perspective most of you that feel this way are 12 years old. And if your not you think like one.

We are paying alot of money for a well running server on a screaming backbone to attract all gamers and we will select the best. We dont select great score getters.

We select the best as in the best people. We are only interested in gaming with people we like and that are gentlemen. Good winners and good losers.

We cant make a good gamer a good person and that is very obvious here.

I have contacted the moderators to again point out how these same people that break our rules now think it is ok to come here and break these rules to further a cause that again is mostly fictional and scorns the hearts of 12 year old boys.

I thought only girls were the ones that were scorned in life and carried grudges. Guess I was wrong on that score.

ehhh everybody is human you know wink_o.gif i've seen people carry judges and scorns through life and they wheren't girls nener.gif

you always join a public server at risc as the ESRB disclaimers always says game experience may change online biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

btw do i have to drink beer to join your server or is it ok if i drink vodka or other stuff? biggrin_o.gif

Dude everyone is welcome even the noobs as long as you are nice to people and know how to talk to others.

If you are new hop on our team speak and get some people to help you.

These posts are not only fictional but totally against the forum rules. That doesn't surprise me at all though being as many of you have been banned from our server for your poor choice of language and the way many of you approach your time on peoples servers.

many of you believe that we server operators are here for you we should go out of our way for you?. We owe you something?

Lets put this ion perspective most of you that feel this way are 12 years old. And if your not you think like one.

We are paying alot of money for a well running server on a screaming backbone to attract all gamers and we will select the best. We dont select great score getters.

We select the best as in the best people. We are only interested in gaming with people we like and that are gentlemen. Good winners and good losers.

We cant make a good gamer a good person and that is very obvious here.

I have contacted the moderators to again point out how these same people that break our rules now think it is ok to come here and break these rules to further a cause that again is mostly fictional and scorns the hearts of 12 year old boys.

I thought only girls were the ones that were scorned in life and carried grudges. Guess I was wrong on that score.

The road runs both ways. Speaking down to players like that is itself retaliatory. You may pay for for your server, but it was your choice to make it public. You seem to have a handle on ways to deal with the troublemakers, there is no need to come here and defend yourself - especially with these demeaning remarks. We all make mistakes - including the server admins. The players can voice best by not visiting your server and you can voice best by continuing to do whatever it is you need to do on your own server. There is no need for flamebaiting from either side.

Sorry, but I've got to agree. While its been a while since I've played on your server, even though its the lowest ping for me, the times I have played the admins were either abusing their powers or just being general assholes to others.

Also, you may want to consider what you say on these forums as well...

Quote[/b] ]Lets put this ion perspective most of you that feel this way are 12 years old. And if your not you think like one.

But yet, then you go and say this...

Quote[/b] ]I thought only girls were the ones that were scorned in life and carried grudges. Guess I was wrong on that score.

You really should watch that. Last I checked there were quite a few females in the OFP & ArmA communities, both past and present. (cough: Avon) Plus, you're talking about breaking these forum rules yet you've gone and flamebaited every post you've made here.

That said, I think its apparent that Swatman acted poorly himself. However, your "response" to Frederf was unnecessary... because frankly, he hit it dead on. If you're going to call people immature, then you should act maturely yourself.

If you have manners and are willing to learn then you will have no problems online smile_o.gif

If your going to say you have come to my server and seen abusive admins then identify yourself and send me an email saying who and why. I check my admins I have gone as far as going into my own server under a different name. And how many servers in this community have gone out of their way to help the new people entering it??? This game has the highest learning curve of almost any game I have ever played many people are going to quit because no one has taken the time with them.

We take the time with new people

And while I may be throwing a few digs back in my mind they are well deserved. the original people who started this post were let go because they came in with racist slurs towards African Americans and Jewish people thats why they were let go and why they havent been let back in.

This post should have been locked long ago and the originator warned.

I won't care about arrogant admins anymore as I now know of an ID Changer that will help people like me and others who have been banned for frivilous reasons other then just playing the game and accidently killing someone, or even doing it on purpose for someone who has screwed them over

I paid for the game and should be able to play it just like anyone else.

people shouldn't be supposed to buy expensive games twice.

TKC helped me.

180pxquackerjackjt4.jpg

"It's Playtime!"

Quote[/b] ]I won't care about arrogant admins anymore as I now know of an ID Changer that will help people like me and others who have been banned for frivilous reasons other then just playing the game and accidently killing someone, or even doing it on purpose for someone who has screwed them over

I paid for the game and should be able to play it just like anyone else.

tk-ing to solve a problem like being stuck by a player isnt a frivilous reason.

many ppl are complaining about how bad most public servers are regarding tk-ing etc.

Try to realise how difficult it is for admins to force all those anonimous ppl to behave and not ruin the gameplay for other people.

Admining is a tough job and sometimes admins make mistakes or behave rude, but realise that the job they have very tough and they are not doing it for them selves only.

behave , dont intentionally tk!!!

your remark about the id changer makes me ralise how important ts is and how necesary it is to form a group of ' friends ' on servers to keep people like you out.

im sorry for my pathetic english, im a bit tipsy.

:-)

well it seems on the BDA they are making many mistakes because all i see on other forums also are people complaining about that server and how the admins banned them for little things that a normal admin wouldnt look twice at