Sign in to follow this  
ID7

HDR & Windscreen reflection problems

The simulation of eye iris in ArmA reminds more of a CCD chip in a video camera than a human eye.

Looking for 10 seconds at the ground (brightness and gamma set at 1.0, ArmA 1.05.5143):

[/img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8853/54137746pe3.jpg[/img]

Quickly looking into the sky. Human eye cannot see the sky overexposed like this:

19251251fv1.jpg

After a few secs the sky becomes normal:

21174782xh6.jpg

Looking at the ground again. Too dark compared to the first image - HDR is overdone in ArmA:

29703883kc7.jpg

Lastly, I think windscreens in ArmA reflect way too much light. Glass usually reflects about 10% of light and 90% passes through IRL.

83711743nx0.jpg

Last night I tested the 1.07.5154 public beta patch and the A10 airplane was the first thing I played with. When flying over sea the water looked brown-ish instead of blue when looking through the windscreen. I actually was thinking for some time that I still fly over ground, over 'sand dunes' until I changed to external view and noticed it was water, not sand. Also the windscreen was reflecting(or something) light so that I didn't see much through it. I was thinking maybe it is some 'cloud' effect. But then again I think it had more to do with the lighting. Really couldn't see where I was flying to, had to use the map and the compass to get back over ground from the sea. When I got over ground again and flying in much lower altitude, I could see better again through the windsceen. Made me think it is a cloud effect because of the flight altitude, but then again could have been just the HDR.

Last night I tested the 1.07.5154 public beta patch and the A10 airplane was the first thing I played with. When flying over sea the water looked brown-ish instead of blue when looking through the windscreen. I actually was thinking for some time that I still fly over ground, over 'sand dunes' until I changed to external view and noticed it was water, not sand.

It has nothing to do with HDR but with the fact that A10 has the front side (triangle shaped) windows yellow tinted smile_o.gif

You should cut off H.D.R in option.

I had do it cause my P.C is not enough powerfull, and i don't like the H.D.R render.

tried with 8bit or 16bit HDR ?

The simulation of eye iris in ArmA reminds more of a CCD chip in a video camera than a human eye.

Those screenshots are in 3rd person, because of that it will look like a camera but when you play in 1st person you don’t have those effects, I think.

Those screenshots are in 3rd person, because of that it will look like a camera but when you play in 1st person you don’t have those effects, I think.

It's true you can see lens flares around the Sun in third person view only. However, the CCD-like vision problem exists also in the first person view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgqLqvMkLl8

Moving to TS.

ID7 Don't hotlink images bigger then 100kb

does anyone made such test - go near man in white shirt

go to man in black shirt (open area)

in my game HDR is very reacting on that fact, so when i am near man in white shirt or if he run near me screen is getting darker

generally HDR is pulsing :/

HDR is pulsing when fire from weapon

precision =16, only effect that sun is not blinding eyes (than in 8)