Sign in to follow this  

Iron sights

This is what i've been trying to say, holding down the hold breath/right mouse button should lock the view.

It's deeply frustrating trying to focus on shooting when the gun is swaying like it's made out of jello.

Weapon is swaying a lot in dependance of your fatigue. So if you are running a lot and then trying to aim and then complaining that your sights are swaying, then you are playing the wrong game.

Yes, let me just clarify - there's a difference between weapon sway from stance/fatigue and freelook in optics/ironsight.

You mean how the weapon can sometimes move all around the camera while in ironsight view? Just press the * key on the numpad, it will keep the ironsights locked in the center for you but you can only turn the gun as far as your characters head can before pressing it, turning, pressing again.

My favourite weapon in OFP was the M249 with ACOG sight, but now I tend to use ironsights for everything cause scopes make my FPS drop. Seems to be the only thing that slows my game down besides bumping the viewdistance nearer 10Km. confused_o.gif

Yeah, the vegetation does that.. same here sad_o.gif

I wish the ACOG scope was like in Red Orchestra.. only the lens itself zooms in, and you can see the rest of the weapon.

Yeah, the vegetation does that.. same here sad_o.gif

I wish the ACOG scope was like in Red Orchestra.. only the lens itself zooms in, and you can see the rest of the weapon.

Hmm.. but that would not be too realistic I would say.

Shot00002.JPG_thumb.jpg

Kind of "snipe on the run". You again we are not speaking of a Sniperrifle with greater magnificance here .... whistle.gif

ehh, true, never looked at it that way.

it could be balanced though. at least in my experiences with scoped hunting rifles (we use M68 Aimpoints in my army unit), using a scope is more susceptable to jittery and twitchy movements than swaying. maybe incorporate that? extra swaying too?

Always a good idea to hold your rifle against a tree or something stable to suppress the jittery movement right before you shoot a deer in the vitals smile_o.gif

Yep, that's what I did this morning. Put it to the minimum and it's pretty much how I wanted it, back to the original sights as in OFP and pre-1.05 ArmA.

Pity the non-iron sights view is locked, it'd be a good idea to have a two sliders.. one for the normal view and one for the iron sights.

Why did you ignore my post (first page)? It contained the solution you're looking for.

Turning free-look on in optics/ironsights mode locks them to the center of your screne, just like scoped weapons. I hadn't noticed it until I installed the 1.07 beta patch so I don't know if this works in previous versions but if you install v1.07 beta or (if they don't change it) the full 1.07 patch it does. You don't have to disable the float zone to achieve the desired effect, regardless of what these other people are saying. I'm sure they're unaware of it too.

Edit: xnodunitx explained it on the second page too, try it out I'm sure it's just what you're looking for.

This sniper-scope-with-peripheral-view thing is dependent on ArmA's capability to render-to-texture. There is nothing I have seen in the engine that would lead be to believe that it has such a capability.

ROO offers 3 types of scope views

whole screen la ArmA

and two 3D like one posted above (one small and one bigger)

A bit OT, but can you force in multiplayer the amount of free aim clients have? I'd hate it if players start running around shooting like in counterstrike because they locked their sight to the center.

A bit OT, but can you force in multiplayer the amount of free aim clients have? I'd hate it if players start running around shooting like in counterstrike because they locked their sight to the center.

It doesn't work like that.

Here's what I was saying and I'm sorry if I added confusion to this thread...

Freelook, when using TrackIR, is always turned on regardless of whether you use the freelook key or not. Pressing the freelook key makes the mouse control freelook or alternatively TrackIR controls the freelook. If you're a trackIR user and you go to ironsights, you cannot lock the view forward. You're stuck with that insane over-sensitive freelook when all you want to do is look through the sight of your weapon. On scoped weapons inlcuding m24, m107, dragunov and one or two others, this is not the case however and your view is locked forward, as in my opinion it should be. (I think this has to do with not being able to see a magnified image as well as non-magnified peripherals at the same time.)

The weapon sway is a completely different thing and is caused by fatigue, being injured or the stance you're firing from. The only way to reduce the delay from moving your mouse to when you see the weapon move, is by reducing the floating zone on the slider in the game interface.

The only way to reduce the delay from moving your mouse to when you see the weapon move, is by reducing the floating zone on the slider in the game interface.

Have you actually managed to miss all the 341521 posts explaining the 'flip queue size'/'render frames ahead''stuff? crazy_o.gif