Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

4 in 1 you are soooooo wrong.

I LOVE that they use the name BETA now, my suggestion was always to call it what it is and I do not have a problem at all with it.

And my comment regarding "5149 - Fixed: Faint radar/IR contacts (distant targets) now rendered as unknown (yellow)" was positive so what is wrong? That this does not fit into your expectations what usually comes from my side? Sorry!

Or was it regarding the reply to paragraphic l request?

What I can not stand is that someone tells me beforehand what I have to think about something.

Quote[/b] ]M16 GL, AK GL and M4 ACOG+GL have new grenadelauncher ironsights

yay yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Quote (Messiah @ May 10 2007,13:29)

Quote (dob @ May 10 2007,13:18)

nice, but i'v not seen "fixed setpos in MP", but is a beta announcement

as far as I'm aware this will never be 'fixed'.

it can be solved by using a script that is activated once in game to move the objects into the height positions - works fine.

Where can i find this script?

... he means you can use setPos command AFTER gamestart, and it will work fine. I had an ammo-crate stacking issue, worked fine SP, and if I was hosting, but on a dedi-server the crates merged on the ground. To fix it I put a simple script together with a bunch of setPos commands. The script was called by a 'true' condition trigger with a 2 second countdown.

Hope that answers the question.

YAY!!!! Thank-you BIS for deciding to release this, even if you get hassled for 'beta'. I, personally, and many others would rather get this chance to break it, before you release it as final. This is the best way to get as much testing done as possible, on as wide a variety of hardware as possible.; There's no other way to do that, sensibly. I can't wait until 4pm...... can we get a 'skipTime' command for real-life too? How long would it take to code that? When can you release a RL patch so we can skipTime to 4pm??? lol.

Thanks guys, hurry up 4pm..

Cool, downloading now.

1.38mbps, must be the first. biggrin_o.gif

Give us a link you stupid s... of a .....! tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

calm down, they might be letting mirror to DL it first so that once they release we wont get stuck at bottle neck

calm down, they might be letting mirror to DL it first so that once they release we wont get stuck at bottle neck

Confirmed.

Calm down people, you will be playing soon.. wink_o.gif

Damnit why the delay? If it's done just put it up on bit torrent to avoid bandwidth issues.

Or was it regarding the reply to paragraphic l request?

What I can not stand is that someone tells me beforehand what I have to think about something.

Did you even read what I posted? Only thing I posted was a request if everyone would save their complaints after they tried the new beta their self.

I did not tell you what to think, nor did I direct it directly to you.

I only placed that request because I'm getting more frustrated about the posts here day by day. All the negative posts and complaints which mosts of them are based on their own frustration and are just complete BS. Now I'm around these forums for a pretty long while but someone who's interested in ArmA and comes here to find information about the game would probably leave searching for something else because of the overall negative atmoshphere hanging around here started by a handfull of members.

I came to this thread to read about the new public beta and most of the replies where negative remarks against BIS start a second thread for that BS or something but please keep it from the topics that are about stuff like these

Greets,

Para

EDIT

Quote[/b] ]Damnit why the delay? If it's done just put it up on bit torrent.

It's not delayed the original post allready mentoined the 4 o'clock release of the patch smile_o.gif

paragraphic: What is this negative atmosphere you're jabbering about? I came before I purchased the game looking for opinions and viewpoints and was pleasantly surprised. Most of the complaints directed toward the game were valid and reasonable requests for improvements to certain aspects of the game. The only negativity I've seen are from people who shout down anyone who's trying to make the game better. This game is far from perfect, the developers obviously realize this (just look at the mile long changelog list with the latest patch), but there are certain fanboys who refuse to accept this (I'm not referring to yourself here).

hmm stupid question....does this beta patch work with the sprocket verson off game ?

and if it does can somone make a ABC dummy for how to install it...since iam broke no money to buy the hard copy

then again in one week +1say iam not broke and i have hopful my new high end system....

crazyness is sexy

It's not delayed the original post allready mentoined the 4 o'clock release of the patch smile_o.gif

Ahh timezone issues..my mistake. whistle.gif

I guess, if someone is already using the 1.05+(Beta) patch,

if you want to keep that one as well, you need to

rename your *current* 'Beta' folder to something else (just keeping it within ArmA's folder) before applying the patch.

I think, everything will work better without (possibly) mixing files.

Just keep it in mind.. smile_o.gif

I bet ya being pre-occupied with this thread, a new Beta release thread will go up and current readers of this thread will be the last to find out!!! hehehe killing time smile_o.gif

Actually I like the way BI is currently testing, I see at least 3 levels:

- own internal (assumed)

- "friendly user trial" with some selected members

- public beta

There might be a few more which we can not see here.

@ paragraphic l:

Some mission makers will not be happy that TT 2166 seems to be unsolved, but this is no negative moaning, it is like that.

For the 1.07 beta we can anywayonly judge what is meant to be solved in their list, the rest stays open for 1.08.

But maybe they solved even some minor issues out of the BTS without mentioning it in the changelog. We will see.

Hey BIS

how about making the patches so us Sprocket users don't have to activate the game everytime we reinstall/install a new patch  crazy_o.gif

Release Date: 10.05.2007 16:00[4:00PM] [GMT +1hour]

Are you really sure about that?

It's most likely 16:00 CEST, which is GMT +2 right now.

GMT doesn't have summer time.

Hey BIS

how about making the patches so us Sprocket users don't have to activate the game everytime we reinstall/install a new patch  crazy_o.gif

thats why i need a abc dummy for how to do etc

a bit OT about BTS

i know how the filter and search work, but wouldnt it better to move those resolved and child bugs to a new location?

i find its need quite a time to find the info needed now, as the list goes on and on and on and there seems to be a little bit repeated posting

i have to say, and i dont mean to sound "negative" about this at all, but im very worried that the patch developers STILL have not sorted what i feel to be one of the most rediculous bugs of the game and thats the tracer round issue where you cant turn off the tracer effects in the difficulty settings.

If there was one reason that i can think of that frustrates me the most about the debate about the release of a "buggy" and or "unfinished" game it is this one.

The fact that is still hasnt been corrected even though there is text ingame relating to it, sorta gives me the impression that somethings quite wrong somewhere along the line....

Hey BIS

how about making the patches so us Sprocket users don't have to activate the game everytime we reinstall/install a new patch crazy_o.gif

That is Softwraps decision, not BIS. Nag them, if you are really upset about it then you might be able to get a refund from them. You can use that money to buy a hardcopy.

I was so close to buying a Sprocket version, thankfully my DSL router stopped working and saved me from that mistake crazy_o.gif . After I had my new one I decided to wait for the 505 release since it was getting closer.

Can't wait to download this new patch. Wasn't expecting it to be called a beta though. The last 'beta' seemed more stable than the normal 1.05 version tounge2.gif

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Another BETA patch? BETA!!?? In BF2 them devs don't release no BETA patches and when ya DL a BF2 patch EA also gives ya one shiney real gold bullion!!! Wassap wif dat!?</span>

smile_o.gif Anyways good news I've been dying to check that Combat Hog out above Sahrani.

Quote[/b] ]The fact that is still hasnt been corrected even though there is text ingame relating to it, sorta gives me the impression that somethings quite wrong somewhere along the line....

Yeah... the BIS team is very small compared to most game developers and therefore can't address every issue that is wrong with the game all at once, give them time.

Quote[/b] ]The fact that is still hasnt been corrected even though there is text ingame relating to it, sorta gives me the impression that somethings quite wrong somewhere along the line....

Yeah... the BIS team is very small compared to most game developers and therefore can't address every issue that is wrong with the game all at once, give them time.

i completely appreciate that the dev team at bis are very small compared to most other game developers,

however this was not my issue....

The idea being that this small aspect of the gameplay that has not been corrected yet, is to all intents and purposes fueling the fires of those who believe that BIS have not released a "complete" game, thats all.

And i have to say that it does figure, seeing that the function simply act like a broken link ingame.

I also dont believe that it would be very hard to fix, compared to some of the other big fixes out there.