Sign in to follow this  
Airwolf

"Weapon On Back" ?

I Just got Armed Assault, one odd thing i am experiencing however is that unlike in Operation Flashpoint, i can't seem to holster my weapon, or go into a safe mode of any kind. The soldier always has the gun out, and there is no "put weapon on back" command or holster command of any sort that i can find. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

press left ctrl twice to put down your muzzle and relax. You can't holster a pistol in 1.05, but I think you can put away any other weapon. If you go prone with the at4, and then get up again, you will have no weapons in your hands at all. I haven't tried pressing left ctrl twice with the at4.

Arms at the low ready is the new "weapon on back." On back is gone.

Also there is way to have no weapon out unless you have either no weapons or do the AT4 trick.

Just imagine you're in the SAS not the US Army when playing ARMA - they're trained never to sling their weapons because it slows down the reaction time if attacked notworthy.gif

the missing option to holster a handgun is just disturbing especially since you lost all your equipment after ejecting into water.

The most disturbing thing is that the option to put weapon an back ist already in the game engine itself. It just has to be enabled to us.

A lot of "hitman" MP scenarios I liked in OFP are impossiblem no. specially such that require concealed weapons.

A.I. can already do it.

Yup, AI can conceal pistols on SAFE but not the players... arghh, hopefully BIS will finish these animations for "on back" :]

they said some months ago that animations were the last thing to implement in ARMA..

i think they haven't reached that point yet..

maybe phisics come next and only then.. they will go for the animations smile_o.gif

Yeah it's a really important issue in my mind..since it's really easy to accidentally tap the left mouse button and fire a shot into the ground while maneuvering and signal your presence to the enemy long before intended.

Double tapping the CTRL key is the best you can do until they fix this.

Well, IF they eventually put in a feature allowing you to sling your weapon, for God's sake..make the damn barrel point towards the ground!

Well, IF they eventually put in a feature allowing you to sling your weapon, for God's sake..make the damn barrel point towards the ground!

Any OFP veteran knows that it has to point up.

I think the real US Army trains slinging over the right shoulder with the barrel pointed up. I think.

Yeah slung in front as well as shouldered are both in the game, just not directly accessible in game. Take a look at where your M16 is when you look through binoculars some time. I think shouldered animation happens when you get in a vehicle like the RHIB boat.

I think the real US Army trains slinging over the right shoulder with the barrel pointed up. I think.

Yeah slung in front as well as shouldered are both in the game, just not directly accessible in game. Take a look at where your M16 is when you look through binoculars some time. I think shouldered animation happens when you get in a vehicle like the RHIB boat.

No, we train with the barrel pointed down.

*edit*

Unless you're mistakenly referring to the D&C prepatory command: "Shoulder," followed by the command of execution: "Arms!." In which case, the weapon is shouldered straight up on the right shoulder.

On deployment, which is not the parade field, soldiers sling their weapons however they want, with most preferring 3-point slings as opposed to the issued chow formation slings, BUT, the barrel is ALWAYS down.

German Army also trains their recruits to shoulder the rifle with barrel pointing up. And of course, the first weeks after boot-camp is passed, the soldiers do it of course exactly vice-versa to show they are no more noobs (or Maggots, as GunSarge Hartman prefers to say).

I can live with both, as long as me is eventually given an option to hide my gun. So I can ran go into that bank in order to rob it without being shot by the cops.

well AFAIK they all do it with the guns point down, no matter its a M16, SAW, AK and whatever, the guns always points down, since these are US troops, i think there isnt much problem for pointing it down, but if you want to say "hey! the rest of the world do it UP!" its fine by me

Arms at the low ready is the new "weapon on back." On back is gone.

Also there is way to have no weapon out unless you have either no weapons or do the AT4 trick.

Not gone, just disabled. The unarmed anims include the primary weapon proxy slung on the back, but without modifying the moves configs they can't be used properly (for both AI and players) with primary weapons selected.

Also AI can holster their handguns in Safe and Careless modes, there's just no control for it for players. But again all we need is an enhanced moves config, any mod teams or addon makers can make it possible.

While in the army I and many other soldiers always slung our weapon slings across our chest, rifle to the rear, barrel pointed downward, and never received any guff from the DI. As long as your weapon was within arms reach at all times you were cool.