Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation reskins

Random would need a model edit which brings us back to... "where are the tools BIS" tounge2.gif

And even if we had them i have my doubts that we could open original models with them.

Random would need a model edit which brings us back to... "where are the tools BIS" tounge2.gif

Oh ok .. i see. Too bad huh.gif

Heres a tiny update, decided to add some bonus content...

Heres my contribution to the OFP revival reskins.

cwnaval1fg9.th.jpg

cwnaval2hk7.th.jpg

goodnight.gif

Great Work Shadow NX, the vest looks amazing, congratulations mate wink_o.gif

Incredible tex work right there! biggrin_o.gif

Now if you could just make the BMP way too big, you'd be in business. thumbs-up.gif

Looks good smile_o.gif

Haha, exactly... perfect OFP feeling tounge2.gif

@all

Thanks for the flowers

I concur - excellent Leshij.

Either my info is wrong or its one of the names that are used for more than one thing but isnt the Leshij suit a modern sniper suit with factory added leafs or leaf looking stuff.

Or you seen the Russian forrest ghost Leshij in one of the pics, sneaky bastard tounge2.gif

My bad, indeed it was. Pardon my stupidity, I remember one day a bloke I was paintballing with came in an NBC oversmock of that camo (I have no idea how he got it), and for some reason "Leshij" jumped into my head.

-1 for incorrect info. sad_o.gif

Afaik the KLMK suits all were just one piece oversuits.

But the KZS / KZM was made as two piece oversuit and in BDU cut.... but thats enough useless trivia from my side ^^

Uhh ... very nice! thumbs-up.gif

Please give this man the tools ... would like to see something like the excellent OMON- and GRU-Units we had in OFP yay.gif

MfG Medicus

Laser is the man to thank for these units, Me and INq only did the last released packs ( OMON, VITIAZ etc ) based on his late ( not the latest though ) models.

I for myself cant do much exept reskinning... other than that im as useless as a butcher on a vegetarian convention wow_o.gif

Lets hope Laser is back with ArmA work, for now hes flat out with his family and at least 2 jobs... however he said when the tools come he most probly also will be back.

Awesome work Shadow!

u blow me away with your great KLMK, VDV units! yay.gif

i hope u realise this troops soon!!!!

Shadow,

Great job on the Naval Infantry units. They look about as authentic as you can get without modifying the actual 3d model. If I can suggest just one improvement, it would be to give them a more realistic looking armored vest - maybe a 6b5 like you guys made for the GRU and Motor Rifle troops in the OFP. I think that can be accomplished with a re-skin, hopefully that's not too much of a hassle.

Peace,

DreDay

Was thinking about that since a while just couldnt get me to do it.

Maybe i find some muse over the weekend but i wonder how good can painted on pockets look?

Think the one i did is at least partly identical to a older soviet design i once saw.

hey guys, great work. this looks very fun. i must ask, i noticed the long scope on one of the AK's. Did you guys make new weaps to go with the units? they look great. looking forward to playing with these units. is there a release date insight?

Well, no news from ShadowNX so far, I guess he's still working on it. Thanks your patience.

i hate to ask, trust me. but is this project still live? are there plans to go live with these addons before tools are launched for modders?

Not sure if it is, got bit bored with the limits of reskinning and also i often see people moan about "just another reskin".

Havent seen Plasman posting lately and the other guy i send the vdv to work on didnt reply.

Plus the fact that i rarely can use my internet at home atm doesnt help much communication wise.

I keep you updated.

Not sure if it is, got bit bored with the limits of reskinning and also i often see people moan about "just another reskin".

I hear you man, I swear I'm like a few minutes away from throwing my keyboard out the window because I can't make my IOTV look any good.

There's only so much normal maps can do.

@Shadow, I reckon you release what you got, especially if it's wearing flora. :P