Sign in to follow this  
Mobious

Combat Ops

Firstly, BIS didn't make the community bug tracker, the community did.

For someone who doesn't know very much about this, you sure say a lot!

Who cares who did it ? In fact if it wasn't needed and usefull for BIS it wont exist at least in it's current form and state.

BI had to release the game too early because their publisher was whipping them, not much can be done about that.

It's not quite so, at least in my country publisher refused to give the game a green light in version 1.0 that BIS send to him. And they delayed release until 1.01 hotfix was released... There was so much sreaming on their forum on this point... now I can see how they were right...

And where do you live? AFAIK the Czech, Russian and German* publisher had no problems with releasing that version, im not sure about the Polish version, mostly because i dont know anyone with that version (IIRC vilas was complaining about 1.00, but he has to confirm that).

*And the German publisher used a different copy protection then the others, causing a massive performance drop which had to be hotfixed within a few days.

But hey, BI are doing what they can to fix it, the game has been out for 7 months and had 4 patches (1.01, 1.02, 1.05 and 1.05b, plus demo 1.03 and UK 1.04). Its not like they are sitting on their asses and playing poker with your money. icon_rolleyes.gif

Well Armed Assault: Combat Operations feels like a good release with lot of stuff ironed out so I don't understand this vent of frustration regarding the ealier released while this thread is about Combat Operations.

And where do you live? AFAIK the Czech, Russian and German* publisher had no problems with releasing that version,

Its not like they are sitting on their asses and playing poker with your money. icon_rolleyes.gif

It's Russia, it was proposed to release 1.0 ver. but our publisher "Akkela" was shoked with bugs number, so they postponed release for nearly 1.5 month and released it in version 1.01

What about second part of your post... Who knows... Who knows...

Quote[/b] ]But hey, BI are doing what they can to fix it, the game has been out for 7 months and had 4 patches (1.01, 1.02, 1.05 and 1.05b, plus demo 1.03 and UK 1.04). Its not like they are sitting on their asses and playing poker with your money.  

But in the other thread you said we had to only wait 2 weeks for a patch

Quote[/b] ]With my logic you should be grateful for free patches, and not whining because you have to wait for 2 weeks.

A bit longer would u not say whistle.gif and anyway lets hope their not playing poker they would lose

Thats why i quoted you, my sarcasm detector is working perfectly thanks, you obviously don't get my humour lol sorry

It's not your humour, but your english, I think. There are a lot of runon sentences in there and what you were saying really has nothing to do with what I was saying. Also, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. At any rate, what you were saying isn't clear to me, and if you're not going to clarify what you were saying, I suppose it wasn't important.

Quote[/b] ]

Who cares who did it ? In fact if it wasn't needed and usefull for BIS it wont exist at least in it's current form and state.

You said that BIS started it because they need it. This is not a fair assumption as half of it isn't true and the other half doesn't follow. Because it is useful doesn't imply a need. Because something is useful also doesn't imply incompetence.

Well Armed Assault: Combat Operations feels like a good release with lot of stuff ironed out so I don't understand this vent of frustration regarding the ealier released while this thread is about Combat Operations.

May be you should dug in deeper in this topic then ?

Have you tried CO already to say it's so perfect ?

Thank you, the voice of reason.. Can you all please talk about what ArmA:CO is, and not what it is not for us that don't have it yet? Please? Very eager to hear about performance, improvements, even new bugs and such.. Thanks.

What about second part of your post... Who knows... Who knows...

Well, maybe they are, but at least they are fixing bugs while swimming in our money, just be happy about that for a change, they could have 'converted' it into Czech beer instead...

*insert lame joke about ArmA bugs which relate to alcohol usage here* tounge2.gif

I am really sorry this is getting nowhere, to ofpforum and others that i would (and yourself) call fanboys i will keep posting opposition to your flagrant, non budging unjustified support of BIS that is driving a lot of people to insanity, do you play the game? have you seen some of the amazinly bad bugs that plague the game?, you may be able to put up with a second rate product at release and for 7 months afterwards but for those who have a different opinion why do you snipe so?

I will leave this for now but i expect to see you in the next thread in which someone has a different view of the current debable than you do, if you don't want to read other people comments don't visit the FORUMS, they were not made for you in mind, i would hope they were made for disscusion and other people to post their thoughts, you may have a lot of posts and cliquey friends, it don't make you right.

I am really sorry this is getting nowhere, to ofpforum and others that i would (and yourself) call fanboys i will keep posting opposition to your flagrant, non budging unjustified support of BIS that is driving a lot of people to insanity, do you play the game? have you seen some of the amazinly bad bugs that plague the game?, you may be able to put up with a second rate product at release and for 7 months afterwards but for those who have a different opinion why do you snipe so?

I will leave this for now but i expect to see you in the next thread in which someone has a different view of the current debable than you do, if you don't want to read other people comments don't visit the FORUMS, they were not made for you in mind, i would hope they were made for disscusion and other people to post their thoughts, you may have a lot of posts and cliquey friends, it don't make you right.

Agreed. It sounds like - There may be only two opinions : my and wrongs.

Sorrry for off.

Guys Guys just cut all of it before you all get 48 Hour PR Vacation.

This thread is to talk about Combat Ops as in Game Play not about bug and when the game was released.

Anyone with the game can they post there FPS in the forrests and there system specs please.

I was wondering if anyone managed to get a retail version and what store they got it from and why the change from may 1st to 8th?

To be honest im almost convinced that i have some kind of magic disc, even 1.00 was IMO playable, although the campaign sucks the game itself has always been playable (and enjoyable) for me. Maybe it was because my expectations were more or less 0, maybe im just easily pleased.

I have to admit felt 1.00 unfinished and i never denied that, but you people have to realise that BI really doesnt have to patch the game, they already have your money in their pockets so be grateful that they are actually trying to bring up the game to a level which you people consider playable, be it for BI's financial motives, because they want to keep their good name or just because they prefer to see their games properly finished.

They are doing the best they can, they are fixing bugs and they are changing things gameplay wise (flight model, grass which doesnt block view, ...). Yet all you people is complain that BI released a beta version. We know that it was released to early, so does BI. At least they are cleaning things up, but your whining does not help a single bit. If you want to complain about bugs/gameplay issues, do it on the big tracker and make a good report, so BI can fix it.

(And seriously, im not a fanboy, if there was a better game like ArmA out there i would have been playing it, but i dont see anything thats even comparable gameplay-wise).

Now, give arguments against these points instead of repeating that im a fanboy and you paid for an ArmA BETA, really, we heard a million times before. (And yes, that is an accurate number, i counted them)

i'll repeat something that i (and someone else) said before. "You post a lot but do not read" your entire post confirms this, there have been many many arguments (maybe even a million) against your crappy 1 line yarn, BUT YOU DO NOT WISH TO READ OR ACKNOWLAGE THEM, this is the problem and the sooner you see that the better and more constructive these forums will be, as for your magic disc well its the same as your READING abilities, you see what YOU want and everyone else is wrong.

And yes fanboy is written all over your title

HOWEVER, these are just our opinions and i get the impression that our arguments are infringing on other peoples enjoyment so i am prepared to call a truce (until the next thread lol) and we shall agree to disagree on this particular point as i do not think we will change each others minds.

I announced it 6 pages ago and since some people just can't stay on topic:

Closing.