Sign in to follow this  
ocramweb

Desert Island

Thx, The whole Sara is not excluded, I have first to modifie this one, and then if the tools are not out, or does not seem to come before a long time,perhaps the wind will push the sand onto Sara as well...

Thanks ocramweb,

Awesome fps for people with lowend machines notworthy.gif

Your welcome, and it is geting better already, more infos soon

what tool do you guys use to create such islands?

i thought BIS did not give the tools out right now?

Greetz, Kev

Greetz, Kev

You are right, BIS did not give any tools.

There is several part for an island, you have:

- textures files:paa

- layers files:paa

- material files: rvmat

- topography file: wrp

by playing with them you can achieve a change on the island.

all you need is a graphic prog., a converter, a decompiler, a Hexadecimal editor. a good imagination and some spare time...

Greetz, Kev

all you need is a graphic prog., a converter, a decompiler, a Hexadecimal editor. a good imagination and some spare time...

Are you going to tell us how you removed the trees yet? ^^

For the multiples PM, or questions on how do you take the trees out?

- you have too.............read the tutorial i'll write as soon as I have the time to type down all the instructions,and only once

the system used has been fully tested,as not so regular, it could still turn up to have bugs, we'll see what comes up with people with diff video configs.

wink_o.gif

Greetz, Kev

Are you going to tell us how you removed the trees yet? ^^

I tought I'd answered, since you did no tutorial for your retexturing can you stop please asking every two post

other to do one. thank you.

edited:

Ok I am back, have no much time and wont have more next weeks,so because of multiples MP and same question coming back even when i say i'll do a propal tuto.

I wont do the tutorial I wanted to make but I'll try to make for now a short explanation wich if not detailled on how to use tools, you'll find other tutorial out there explaining those quite well.

so here we go:

How to swap an object on Arma island the =DST= way

For object everything is happening inside the

Wrp files found inside the island pbo you want to play with

once uncompressed the pbo. (cf. kegesys)

WRP have pre defined paths inside linking to the object data.

you need to point it to suit your folders and object name.

To Do: hex edit the wrp using any hex editor out there.

one thing you have to now, is that when you replace a path you have to keep the exact same characthere lenght of what you change.(unless you have a better tool than I have.)

for example if you  change a house23 object by one of yours let's call it myhouse:

so with an hex editor inside the wrp search for house23.

-let's say you find ....ca/buildings/houses/house23.p3d...

(presuming you have your island folder called [newhousesisland]and your Myhouse.p3d inside it)

To be able to swap it with your Myhouse.p3d

! you'll have to swap the path keeping the exact same lenght here : ca/buildings/houses/house23.p3d has 31

-your island folder is 15 (n e w h o u s e s i s l a n d)

-your object is 11 (M y h o u s e . p 3 d)

-your path will be 27 (n e w h o u s e s i s l a n d \ M y h o u s e . p 3 d)

so to fit 31 you'll simply need to add 27 + 4 charactheres to your p3d object to fit the lenght

it would be: n e w h o u s e s i s l a n d \ 1 2 3 4 M y h o u s e . p 3 d

wich fit exactly the lenght of ca/buildings/houses/house23.p3d

rename your p3d 1234Myhouse.p3d place it inside your [newhousesisland] folder and here you go, ingame your myhouse will replace all the house23 on the island.

you just swapped an original object with one of yours.

'repack' your pbo, don't forget to change the names of your new island and the one that is going to show in the editor inside the config file.

place your island.pbo inside arma/addons folder and start the game,where you should now see your new island, and all your new houses.

if straight forward, do not forget that some object are found several time inside wrp, and not only once...

sometime an object path you want to swap inside wrp is shorter than you island folder name ... ( so you'll have to change folder name for a shorter one and remake all you path changes, if that happens)

by the way: to take an object out of the map...replace it with an invisible one ! do not forget to make ithe p3d object no shade, can see true,and the smallest possible.

hope that small tuto help people change things on original arma islands, waiting for visitor3 to turn up

hi there Ocramweb! I must say I love your island! Though when I exit the editor, this error message keeps popping up...

gcs0221100ag3.jpg

I thought you done this island completely independant of others? huh.gif

i don't have mcnichols's island and i can play perfectly with ocramweb's so there something you are doing wrong there , probably you are trying to load the wrong mission ?

hi there yep, this message as nothing to do with the island,

you get this when you put an object or else in the editor that comes from an addon, and remove it from the mission.

it add itself in mission.sqm under the addon section, but do not remove itself from the list once deleted in the editor,

you have to do it by hand.

as follow inside mission.sqm:

addOns[]=

{

"cacharacters",

"sara",

"cawheeled",

"The stuff I deleted is still written here !",

"caair",

"CABuildings",

"camisc",

"caweapons"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"cacharacters",

"caair",

"cawheeled",

"The stuff I deleted is still written here !",

"CABuildings",

"camisc",

"caweapons",

"sara"

};

Ps:so when you connect to a mission it looks for the addons needed inside the mission, and if you don't have it it send you the nice message ...this is happening since ofp, and still does...

The only other addons besides ArmA 1.08 that I have in the ArmA Addon folder are the Desert Island (of course), Vilas's Alien APC, the GTA Car, and Gigan's Scud... The strange thing is I didn't make any mission so far that I saved, this errormessage appears when I exit the editor, without having saved any mission. And, the error refers to McNSaraLiteDryite, which I guess is a reference to McNools's Dry Sara Lite, which I haven't even downloaded, much less put into my ArmA Addons folder, so I couldn't have used any object from it... my guess is this is still some kind of "appendage" since I think this island is a modification from McNools's? But that's just a wild guess... huh.gif I'll try to make a mission and save it to see if it works or not...

this map is not a modification of McNsaraLiteDryIte, wich whatsoever I made myself !

this is pretty wierd.. are you shure there is no mission.sqm ?

what you are then telling me is that you open the editor, put a soldier, play with everything ok, but the message is appearing when closing is it ?

I have no time right now,but it might be i forgot to change the path of the island menu animation,as I used the same on both island.

I'll check that as soon as I can.

Spot on !

Searching for: McNSaraLiteDryIte

scenes\Intro.SaraLiteDry2\mission.sqm(6): "McNSaraLiteDryite"

scenes\Intro.SaraLiteDry2\mission.sqm(10): "McNSaraLiteDryite"

scenes\Intro.SaraLiteDry2\mission.sqm(24): "McNSaraLiteDryite",

scenes\Intro.SaraLiteDry2\mission.sqm (38): "McNSaraLiteDryite"

scenes\Intro.SaraLiteDry2\mission.sqm(1009): "McNSaraLiteDryite"

scenes\Intro.SaraLiteDry2\mission.sqm(1013): "mcnsaralitedryite"

scenes\Intro.SaraLiteDry2\mission.sqm(1024): "McNSaraLiteDryite"

scenes\Intro.SaraLiteDry2\mission.sqm(1028): "mcnsaralitedryite"

Found 8 occurrence(s) in 1 file(s)

notworthy.gif I effectivly forgot to change the path inside my anim.. Sorry for the troubles.

Thx for the info but as it does not stop no games on the island, and just pop up when the editor is closed or a mission on the island closed, regarding the fact I'll release the new version I hope soon, i'll leave it like this for now

but if you want i correct this and put a link here, if it is to annoying for you  thumbs-up.gif

Or you till can depbo the island and do what i said earlier

remove all the references under addOns[]= and addOnsAuto[]=

inside scenes\Intro.SaraLiteDry2\mission.sqm, then repack the pbo.

I'll see if I can change it myself, but normally the re-pbo'ing on my behalf somehow makes the filesizes much bigger so I may have to wait until the next release... Btw, since Snake Man from PMC said that he'd leave the conversion to "desert version" of PMC AEC map to others, would you be interested in turning PMC AEC into a desert theme? Would be cool... thumbs-up.gif

Here you go i did it for you,there is nothing changed in this version but no funny message once mission closing.

link:  SaharaLitev2_beta.rar - error message corrected cf above messages.

for desert conversion, I 'd rather wait oxygene v3, but why not, I could do it if tools stay far away... but whatsoever time is the key, and i don't have much nowadays.

Porto island coming up from next official addon, will be a sandy island too

Thanks you very much, Ocramweb! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Would be great for the rest, and yeah, I'm also anxious about the expansion Porto island... yay.gif

Btw, do you know of any servers and MP missions that use this island of yours? All I see in MP is Evolution and Berzerk being played... sad_o.gif

I.ve seen some a few times but actually, you've spotted on.

desert missions have still to be done.

This is why i dont play on the net really but against bots with my team. wink_o.gif

pistols.gif If 'never know' i find a 48hours watch some days I'll make a few free fights for desert.