*=new addition in 1.1

Some Screenshots:

HMMWVs

M113s

M1030

Strykers

5TTrucks

M1A1

And finally, the download links, hosters, pm me with mirrors.

http://rapidshare.com/files/27289406/McDesertPack1.1.rar.html

Download from Armaholic

Download from Stavangers militaria

Please take time to read the readme file, since it has "lots" of info about the addon.

Great suff mate - looks fantastic - D/Ling now! smile_o.gif

great work you have done there thumbs-up.gif , this game is getting better by moments yay.gif

Very well done, now some desert battles is a lot more intensive coz make enemies tank spotting harder.

Looks fantastic...great job thumbs-up.gif

News is out smile_o.gif

I had your old HMMWV's on my mission

I then overwrote the old file and can found the mission couldn't be played due to downloadable content that has been deleted.

I then re-downloaded the old HMMWV's and open the mission up and deleted them out then resaved.

Then I put the new HMMWV back in the addons folder and tried opening the map, now that the HMMWV's aren't being used

However

This didn't work. It STILL says I can't play it because downloaded content has been deleted....

What is wrong?

I have DEFINATLY took them all out of the map...

try to delete them manually from the mission.sqs, it also happened in OFP

Yeah, remove them from the mission.sqm file (open it with notepad, should work), Or you could replace then with the new ones there instead.

Or maybe you could put the old HMMWV-file in the addons folder, go into the editor, select everything on the map except for the HMMWVs, and copy it into another empty mission, and then put the new stuff in etc. Could work. Also, don't save it in the same name, because there might be rests left in the mission.sqm file or something.

Awesome work, guys. thumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gif Nice looking "V`s" aswell, m8. biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Nobody's got any constructive critism to give yet? smile_o.gif

Nobody's got any constructive critism to give yet?  smile_o.gif

Not really, as there good re-skins.

If i could make a comment it would be that the colour just doesn't look correct. Maybe a tad too dark. But as you've already mentioned this in your readme i can accept this. If you just check out some OFP desert addons then you might get the right colour there. It should be pretty simple for a guy as talented as you..... thumbs-up.gif

Like the pack. however i'd say the textures are a bit bland, they seem way to saturated and just dont look real.

However i was watching the new VBS2 video and seemed to me the hummer was the same "base" model used in Arma. When i saw that the trunk could be opend i took a look at the trunk on the arma hummer and the trunk seems to also be able to open [The selections might still be in the model file]

"SO"! if this is the case and someone could find out the name of the trunk selection and the name of the trunk axis, a useraction could be added to the config and we could have trunks on the hummers that open smile_o.gif

Maybe bis could give us a hint if the trunk was indeed ment to be animated at some point in the development period and what the name of that selection might be if its still in the model.

McNools

Not bad at all, but to tell the truth could be more detailed (just add some dust, scratches etc). Now models (especially M1A1 Abrams) look like plastic toys. Hope those suggestions will improve your addon.

Sorry for my english. Translator rofl.gif

Nobody's got any constructive critism to give yet? smile_o.gif

Not really, as there good re-skins.

If i could make a comment it would be that the colour just doesn't look correct. Maybe a tad too dark. But as you've already mentioned this in your readme i can accept this. If you just check out some OFP desert addons then you might get the right colour there. It should be pretty simple for a guy as talented as you..... thumbs-up.gif

Yeah, I know :/ I don't really think it's too dark, since that depends much on the lighting, but the tone isn't really right, I have a hard time getting it right though, and I'm stupid and forgot to save originals of the textures where I removed the camo-pattern, so I have to add it to the current textures unless I want to redo everything from the beginning, and it doesn't go very well :/

And lordhorus, I know they don't look very real, but it's pretty much the best I can do, I'm not as good as some people seem to think I am, I basicly did this for myself to have something like a placeholder until an experienced texturer with more knowledge of how it really looks comes and does it, so, consider it a placeholder.

Edit: I'm trying to do a little retoning, I'll put up a screen when I'm done, and see if people think its better. Also, expect fictional desert-Strykers and the bike in the next version.

Edit again, did some retoning, is this better? (the abrams is the new color, the M113 the old color)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/McNools/rightcolor.jpg

Edit once again: Re-edited it more, Got abit of a new tone, wich I think looks better, here's a screen, what do you guys think?

newcolourdo3.th.jpg

(i've tried to edit away some overly highlighted areas, but the sun still makes it glow a little too much :/)

Yeah, I like it too smile_o.gif so it's probably going to be in the next pack, wich will include fictional Desert-strykers and the motorbike, it'll probably be released as soon as I get some fixed models for the Strykers from Soul Catcher smile_o.gif

Well Done, once again. smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

It's just 7-10 days until I can try them though. That is when I get my new PC with ArmA included. *Cant wait!* yay.gifsmile_o.gif

So when will the 1.1 Version be released? biggrin_o.gif

Cheers. smile_o.gif

They look more realistic now, but the older tones kinda reminded me of the old OFP DKM addons.  smile_o.gif

Well Done, once again. smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

It's just 7-10 days until I can try them though. That is when I get my new PC with ArmA included. *Cant wait!* yay.gifsmile_o.gif

So when will the 1.1 Version be released? biggrin_o.gif

Cheers. smile_o.gif

Well, probably soon smile_o.gif as soon as Soul Catcher sends me some files smile_o.gif

And [CAS] Daniel, dang, I'd forgotten about the DKM addons, but they were nice, and like you say, these textures are more realistic. The old ones matched the desert colour in sahrani better though.

Edit: Got the stuff from Soul Catcher now, I'll probably have a release out by tonight, but I'm busy all day so it'll have to wait until later.

Edit again: It's getting postponed, I'm bloody tired, so I won't fix it up tonight, and I'll be busy pretty much all day tomorrow so.. hopefully tomorrow evening.