Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians At War Mod

G'day all, thanks for the nice comments....you would'nt believe the poly count if i told u, ArmA would have a heart attack, role over and die. Ya it's detailed with the intention of using normal maps, but it's also been an exercise for me in learning this modeling prog, and hence i just kept going with the detail learning the different tools and what i could do with them....it will be scaled back.

The hinges are correct to the ADF Land Rover to my knowledge...which has a number of modifications to the Defender model of Land Rover, but i'll have another look at it.

Cheers.

Quote[/b] ]The hinges are correct to the ADF Land Rover to my knowledge...which has a number of modifications to the Defender model of Land Rover, but i'll have another look at it.

thats what I suspected - the uk defender has these large flatter ones but I couldn't recall off hand the differences, and it was the one thing that caught my eye.

the bonnet is impressive too - you caught the curve really well. I can imagine that the polly count would kill arma, but of course its just a case of some polly crunching for when it gets in game. I think my current defender for Arma rolls in at 3500 for the basic chasis, doors and windscreen, and currently is sitting up at 7000 for the WMIK... for a squarish vehicle, the lannie can certainly eat up the pollys.

Quote[/b] ]cheers for those tips and positive comments m8 il pass them on,seeing you lot (PUKF)are the kings when it comes to the landie

hehe, well I'm glad this is an Aussie lannie, otherwise you'd be giving me something to worry about biggrin_o.gif

Sten gun model has been skinned and the SLR is almost finished. Gonna try get the sten in game before we post some pics though.

Hey guys thought we would show you that we are still alive and kicking. Heres a ingame WIP movie of the Silenced Sten and some screenshots. The SLR has been textured and is currently awaiting to be bought ingame.

stengunwip_tn.jpg

Silenced Sten W.I.P Screenshot

looks impressive biggrin_o.gif

Great stuff -that raid on the village reminded me of that cheesy Jack Thompson series from the 70s where he plays a ww2 commando! tounge2.gif

you kept your word soldier_x keep up the good work. the video was awesome

cheers guys glad you like it, yeah with the movie every now and again 3d modeling and texturing makes you wanna jump out of a window so I decided to have abit of fun making the movie

Soldier, are you continuing on the great work from VXR and Warfare Designs? It'd be a shame if that project fell by the wayside - some great Aussie stuff there!

Stew

I never worked with the warfare designs crew, I released the XDF Descam units pictured with the Sten pic but thats just something I made my self for my squad.

Excellent work guys the models look very well detailed. One small bug which is of no significant importance. The Land Rover model you are using was not the design that was used in nam. The model used was the 1 and 2A which has a completly different front end to the defender shape. The headlights were not on the guards but further closer to the grill.

yeah mate check the website we are covering todays army and the Vietnam era

What sort of SLR are you doing? Triangular handguards and

green plastic carrying-handle, as per the illustration on your

website?

hey Faulkner sorry for the slow reply have had assessments icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah mate Triangular hand guard with green plastic carry handle.

So far i have made 4 versions of the l1a1

1. Stock standard Infantry SLR

2. Camouflaged painted SAS version with 30 round mag and flash suppressor removed

3. Camouflaged painted SAS version with 30 round mag with both the gas tube, barrel and hand guard cut down (yeah it looks as weird as it sounds but they did do it)

4. Camouflaged painted SAS version with 30 round mag with hand guard removed and XM148 attached

That SLR has some serious errors in detail and proportion. Are

you aware of these? I have extensive info on Vietnam-era

Aussie SLRs. Send me a PM if you need any help.

yeah go on mate, i know i have the wrong cocking handle but what else is wrong

That looks IN-******-CREDIBLE mate! biggrin_o.gif - great stuff - good luck with the project!  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif