Sign in to follow this  
MAA3057

ACU Problems...?

Like the topic said, more and more soldiers are experiencing problems as months of action are used on them. With the ACU finally finalized within this year, all soldiers should have an opinion now, and it looks pretty grim. We've had thoughts of the ACU in the 'Addon Discussion' threads, but lets leave aside the talk about how they work or how they look in BIA/BIS games. Lets talk about how effective they could be on America's soldiers. Do you all think Multi-Cam is a good replacement, cost aside?

Source of influence on this topic:

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,131103,00.html?ESRC=dod.nl

Multi-cam works good, wonder why they didn`t pick it as first choise.

I've read at some internet source that the US is aiming to replace the newly introduced ACU with Multicam.

Reasons for this are that ACU doesnt really fit to many terrains, whereas Multicam is the perfect solution and the higher cost of ACU.

I personally think that ACU doesnt look too good, but the multicam seems promising.

Same as you guys. I always thought the ACU was 'alright' but seeing the ACU put side to side with Multi-Cam...well, lets just say the true victor is an obvious one. On a small note, I knew the patches were going to be a bad investment. Besides, it isn't very often that you have to change your achievements. The Multi-Cam, in my humble opinion, is materialized to be rugged, combat supported in all angles (besides urban as compared to the ACU which is the other way around), realistic and pretty.

Wait, this is the country that spends Billions of dollars on a bloated military budget. I think you can shell out the money to get multicam. but I may be wrong. Does anyone have a link to it?

since the first time i saw it , i thought it was the most stupid camo uniform i had ever seen in my life , specially if it is intended to be effective in a woodland enviroment , these american designers are completely insane crazy_o.gif

Well appearance is not the only thing when it comes to military clothing. Think about comfort, maintenance, quality of the fabric and life durance. All things on which the ACU uniform scores quite good. A uniform is not only about appearance and that's why they picked the ACU. However I don't think the appearance is that bad, it looks quite good in arid and urban environments.

Hey guys, theres gotta be a good thing about ACU if the government bought it... Right?

I think the list is rather long if we look at the stuff in use that was choosen over better equipment.

Not only in the US but all over the world.

I would think most time its not about quality but buisness contacts... like everywhere in life.

the us army simply could use the marpat...

multicam doesnt work everywhere aswell..

acu was mainly indented not only as a multi-environment camo but also for ID reasons as many para military groups used old us bdu´s in the same time us troops being equipt with exactly the same camo.

so you cant really disguise FOF very quickly..

true that ACU doesnt work very well.

but it sure fits into very arid and rocky areas like ghan.

but id still be up with the marpat idea.

it works well and it would cut down costs of disgning new camo

acu was mainly indented not only as a multi-environment camo but also for ID reasons as many para military groups used old us bdu´s in the same time us troops being equipt with exactly the same camo.

One Problem Marpat means - MARine PATtern

Man you crack me up wink_o.gif

Give it to the infantry and call it whatevercam.

This discussion was about effective camo afterall.

One Problem Marpat means - MARine PATtern

It's not just the USMC using MARPAT on its uniforms now.

Bosnia recently started issuing it to their forces. I believe it's has been used among certain groups in the Greek military too, IIRC it was a naval spec-ops unit.

The USMC can probably license the pattern to whoever it wishes.

Pic of Bosnians in MARPAT:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3758/060612uniforms02lx5uq0.jpg

Damn dude, you smokin the stuff?

Not enough mate... not enough...

At least not enbough to stand the things you tend to post goodnight.gif

Who cares what it's called. During WWII, Korea.. and Vietnam, OD Green was issued to both Marines and Army, even from The 80's till Marpat came out. What do you have to gripe about? Are you implying the Marines are "better" or their camo is supposed to be "better" then the Army? I don't think anybody is smoking anything here. rofl.gif btw

Hello. wink_o.gif

lol i know what marpat means...

so if following your thoughts a marine isnt allowed to wear ACU?

lol...

crap.. ive seen marines using PCU´s or assault suits..

so whatever..

this discussion is about wheather the acu is effective or not and what suitable replacement could be used instead..

and since the marpat works fine why blowing out horendous amounts of money to develop a new not working pattern instead of using an already working one?..

what for? just to distinct the branches of the us military??

what a crap..

usaf usarmy and usmarines  have been using the same camos for years.. what kinda stupid joke is that anyway??

i mean they wanna save money but develop a bunch of new patterns that are kinda useless anyway??

what a ripoff!

and as note yea i think that marpat definatelly works better than acu..

if youd ask me id rather wear simple od or tan or run around naked than wearing acu..

lol neph, I know what you mean. I personally think Marpat tends to be too dark in the average lighting. I hope the Army switches to MultiCam, as that blows Marpat clean outta the water. Multicam is perfect. Or better yet, just go back to OD green for the Army and Marines.

lol neph, I know what you mean. I personally think Marpat tends to be too dark in the average lighting. I hope the Army switches to MultiCam, as that blows Marpat clean outta the water. Multicam is perfect. Or better yet, just go back to OD green for the Army and Marines.

crazy_o.gif

OK you said for them to go back to OD green.... crazy_o.gif

I told you guys the Army's gonna be using Crye.