Sign in to follow this  
granQ

KP CTI Released

Finally got around to trying this mission out. Very nice work, quite complex to start with and has heaps of options.

It certainly needs some better promotion with a few screenshots in the first post of a sample map section, all dialogs and the briefing. This would allow users to realise it's scope.

What's Dr_Eyeball team status dialog? Any url for that?

Link: <span style='color:maroon'>Team Status Dialog</span> (new ver 1.1 due out in a few days). It basically allows you to view all the stats for all groups and vehicles on your team. It also has group joining capabilities.

@El nino Foxhound: The Dialogue Framework is a different project.

@El nino Foxhound: The Dialogue Framework is a different project.

Oeps, indeed.

I shouldnt post so early, but instead drink my coffee banghead.gif

added the dialog now (copied the scripts and such), don't know when I will release next version.

Right now:

Version 0.117

Fixes:

Sam sites works better.

Tweaks and additions:

Planes/choppers now got a warning sound for incoming missiles.

AI now buys choppers.

Included Dr_Eyeball's Team Status Dialog.

Eh, I have a problem with version 0.116 (the latest on your website?). I can't see some of the weapons on the east side. The AK74 and silenced AK74 don't appear when selected from the kit menu. You just fire bullets out of your chest. How can this be a missing addon? These work fine in other missions that use the East.

EDIT found the problem

I also had your BTR80 and Alouette installed from your files page. It was screwing up all of my AK74 models and M16s in my game.

I really like this CTI mode the best. I'd like to tweak this mission some. Are there any updates imminent?

I believe there are issues with this script.

player/commanderOrdered_Mech

I'm getting a zero divosor error related to this script. If its the first thing I build the bmp will appear but will not move to its target. If its the 2nd thing I build, I get a zero divisor error. It appears to be partially functioning, but the ai isn't working it wouldn't seem. Can you take a look and confirm if its just on my computer? Just start a match and try building a mech unit right away, see if it moves. Then try building a 2nd one, see if any errors occur. Thanks!

Any working download link for this mission?

I believe there are issues with this script.

player/commanderOrdered_Mech

I'm getting a  zero divosor error related to this script.  If its the first thing I build the bmp will appear but will not move to its target.  If its the 2nd thing I build, I get a zero divisor error.  It appears to be partially functioning, but the ai isn't working it wouldn't seem.  Can you take a look and confirm if its just on my computer?  Just start a match and try building a mech unit right away, see if it moves.  Then try building a 2nd one, see if any errors occur.  Thanks!

i might have fixed this already but not uploaded.. there been alot of errors.. also noticed that arma deletegroups correctly,but when deletemarker it doesn't "delete" it, just remove the marker. So you can't create a marker with the same name.. sucks.

anyway, haven't done much on this but getting tired of coop evolution so think i will play this later this week.. which means i will fix more stuff/add new features.

Hi,

I've been trying this mission out and I'm intrigued but a little confused. I skimmed through the manual and readme but they didn't give me the info I need:

Ok, firstly I see that you can do your ordering of vehicles and commands etc. from the harbour bases (non-flag bases). How, exactly do you do this?

Then, I've been having trouble getting my troops from the main base to where I want them. I select the troops I want from main base with 'soldier menu', then I give a 'transportation menu' order. The guy runs up to the UH-60 and says 'roger' and then runs away. Immediately my character says "####, I need a radio!"

huh.gif What does this mean? How do I get one?

I know I'm probably doing something stupid here because I don't see anyone having these problems but any help would be appreciated.

-thanks.

P.S - Our local server is in desperate need of a map like this so I'd really like to get this going! Looks great

hmm, new version to be released this week sometime, then i will reply to your questions: now sleepy.

Hi,

I've been trying this mission out and I'm intrigued but a little confused. I skimmed through the manual and readme but they didn't give me the info I need:

Ok, firstly I see that you can do your ordering of vehicles and commands etc. from the harbour bases (non-flag bases). How, exactly do you do this?

Then, I've been having trouble getting my troops from the main base to where I want them. I select the troops I want from main base with 'soldier menu', then I give a 'transportation menu' order. The guy runs up to the UH-60 and says 'roger' and then runs away. Immediately my character says "####, I need a radio!"

huh.gif What does this mean? How do I get one?

I know I'm probably doing something stupid here because I don't see anyone having these problems but any help would be appreciated.

-thanks.

P.S - Our local server is in desperate need of a map like this so I'd really like to get this going! Looks great

you must be near the flag.

then action will be available. you can't acces to commander menu from any flag i think. all radio station can't give you any remote action.

Alright! Finally got somewhere...was a lot of fun, very cool! smile_o.gif

Although I squandered my funds big time. crazy_o.gif

I was ordering artillery units and every time the ammo truck came along (East Corazol) he would get stuck on a tree. I did this 3 times because when I unstuck him myself, nothing seemed to happen. Next thing I had this field of artillery guns at the ready and not a cent to pay for the ammo. tounge2.gif

Still didn't get a "radio" but at least I could do stuff from the harbour.

GranQ -

I was wondering...in your future release, are there going to be more slots for human players? It'd be great to have at least 32 available slots .........per side. biggrin_o.gif

The ability to join a human player's squad would also be awesome. (if it's not already there - I've been testing offline.)

Look forward to next release. smile_o.gif

This radio thing...

How does this work? I'm gathering this means there is a way to remotely access the command menu etc.? I hope so because that would make it the business. Even if it meant that only one guy per side could access the command menu remotely. (sorta like a commander)

I'm really enjoying this CTI. I think it'll be better with a full server of human players but we still don't have it hosted on our server so I've just been playing it offline for now.

EDIT: Sorry, I, like a numbskull have been playing with an old version. - Will check latest version ASAP. whistle.gif

i had a kickass week, moved to a "student ghetto". People from all over the world, its like internet but irl and with alcohol.

In other words.. haven't done any editing last week.

Good to see people still enjoy it... it will take some time to make it "perfect" but with your support i won't forget.. its always in my mind, but not always time in my hands.

Cracking GranQ, sounds...psycadelic! biggrin_o.gif

Ok...so I've been playing this quite a bit on lan but with only one other person. We've been playing as west on 'co-op AI East'. I got the xxxx6 version but strangely it lists it in-game as xxxx5?

I'll be honest, as much as I like this mission (and I really do), the shortcomings of the ai become glaringly obvious here. I've had the biggest nightmares trying to get units across the map. Inevitably something always gets stuck in Corazol. Also, the MBT platoons as well as AT (TOW hummer) DO NOT target and fire at enemy armour. If I order a M1A1 and place my own ai inside, the tank gunner NEVER fires on enemy vehicles unless it's with the machine gun. If I command him to switch to sabot, he won't shoot unless I specifically tell him to target and attack any given vehicle. Am I doing something stupid here? Never really had this problem. The gunner always appears to have his sights pointed up in the sky. The barrel of the tank is always aimed as high as it will possibly go.

GranQ - this is my wishlist now that I've had some playtime...

-Definitely definitely a radio for infantry or maybe the option to buy a "radio soldier"/ "radio kit". The vehicle thing works well but it'd really be great to be able to access the radio through a squad member.

-The ability to get mines from the ammo truck. I don't see that option anywhere. I know you can call for a mine drop but most of the time those guys don't make it because of AAA. I'd like to be able to place mines myself.

The mission is great though. I just hope to play with more players and less ai as they really are the dumbest @$^&s sometimes.

Sounds great, (I have yet to play it)

Look out for the 'original MFCTI', it's on its way. Mike Melvin is woking on it again.

Can't wait! It's gonna knock Evolution for 6! (I love that too mind, but i think MFCTI will dominate the servers for a long time.)

yay.gif

Sounds great, (I have yet to play it)

Look out for the 'original MFCTI', it's on its way.  Mike Melvin is woking on it again.

Can't wait!  It's gonna knock Evolution for 6! (I love that too mind, but i think MFCTI will dominate the servers for a long time.)

yay.gif

That's great to hear! All I see is Evolution on the servers...we need CTI back banghead.gif

GranQ,

I am always watching for your next release.

Some time next month I plan on using your scripts in my project only with your permission of course.

Also I have to at least look into what MFCTI has to offer. But at this point I love yours the best.

yo yo.. back from the dead.

Together with Dr Eyeball, a new version will be released hopefully on saturday. (Got exam on friday and shit like that).

We start with pictures, people love screens don't they.

th_dlgTransport2.jpgth_dlgCommander2.jpg

Transport

Weapons

Commander

th_dlgVehicles2.jpgth_dlgSoldier2.jpgth_EconomyScores.jpg

Redeploy

Vehicles

Soldier

Economy Scores hint

Changes made:

- Added monetary/industrial/logistical costs to relevant lists.

- Added a mini map to any dialogs which are referencing locations

- For the Redeploy dialog, the mini map can be used for orders now

- Added new images to some of the dialogs (eg: Commander) plus icons for some lists.

- Adjusted the colour scheme, contrast and layout

- Made the score board easier to interpret

- Marked enemy town locations in red for each "Deploy to" list to show it's an invalid selection.

That what Dr Eyeball did.. hopefully we will also include the "I.C.E. Commander Interface." for a later versions.

Changes I made to the missions are the following.

Fixes:

- Small tweak to the mech unit script.

- Sam sites works better.

- AI now buys choppers.

Tweaks and additions:

- Planes/choppers now got a warning sound for incoming missiles.

- New system for gear selection, you now spawn as that class.

thanks again for the intreset... and remember, feel free to modify,make your own version and share your cool stuff with me. Thats the best way to improve it.