Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

RTS-4 ArmA Released

That said, yes, I agree the heavy jets and choppers should take longer to make.  At the same time, human players can easily defend against them with 2 people and AA launchers in a strategic position.

AA launchers and Shilkas or Vulcans, cannot hit Plane if it throwing bombs from High Alt... becouse Bis forgot to make Shilkas And Volcanos to attack the planes... banghead.gif

And when I have 3 Shilkas... 3 positions of AA soldiers around the base, plane can easy throw bombs to our base or position...

and when i see a plane like a target, and give command to attack plnae, it already at our own base smile_o.gif)

In real life, military forses have SAM`s wink_o.gif) not A Shilkas or Strela launchers... Vs Aircrafts.

And bots sometime are very stupid to defend positions like people...

Thnx if you realise long time to Deploy Attack Chopters and Planes.

Hmmm:

1. Reward/Ranking System (Inc. AI) would be nice.

2. Vote Menu: Random Weather/Fast Time Option?

3. Timer: If game goes on for over 2.5 hours, give ability for ether team to distroy eachothers base.

4. Ammo Crates: Dependant on your rank, the more you can build.

Note for 1: I remember playing a 2GB Addon Version of CTI and on this menu was a score sheet menu that showed the actual score. By this I mean it was more accurate than pressing "I", but this score sheet contained all unit type kills, town captures, current unit count, (rank), and all kills by both the player and their AI. In a neat and organized menu, that displayed this in a list form, also displaying all other players on his/her side.

Note for 3: I say this because some games are evenly matched. Your team could be down in the dumps, trying to retake territories consistantly... and the enemy team could be doing the same... I've played in other RTS 4 hosted servers and noticed this. The game simply sometimes is a stalemate... and the ability to distroy the enemy base after a given time. Would be grrrrreat.

Note for 4: In the beginning of the game, you would not have a certain individual spamming ammo crates left and right because their rank is low. If there rank was high, they obviously know how to play and their mentality not to spam ammo crates is probably much higher than if they had a rank of... lets say Private, or Rank 0. I'm sure there is other ways, I'm just giving my 2 cents.

==================================

That's all for now.

i wonder if it is possible to limit somehow number of airplanes (not copters) by e.g. adding control tower structure which upgrades over time / nr. of captured territories or so ...

also as i found out that spawned ammo crates are instant AI pathfinding killers (ai vehicle ram into it and keeps on max speed)

if it's possible add some sort of check to prevent crates creation on roads !

I'll soon be adding in the ability to create a full squad + transportation so you can take them wherever you want. That would be virtually the same as what you're thinking because a forward base already spawns you deeper into enemy territory and you can build AI immediately after making one--in Beta02 at least.

What exactly does this mean?

Like you can have 10 guys added to your squad, starting in like a truck/chopper at the base?

I thought it would be sweet if instead of having them spawn one-by-one at the barracks, bases, etc., you could have your new soldiers dropped, all at once, at your position from an AI-piloted blackhawk. From there, they will join your squad and the chopper will go back to the base so other squad leaders can use it.

Like if I lose all but like 2 of my squad, I could just run to a safe place and order up what kind of guys I need, and have the AI attempt to drop them right on me. As it is now, I can train them, but then I have to worry about making a vehicle, loading my guys in it, and transporting them to where I need them, where I will probably abandon the vehicle anyway.

Just an idea.

Basically what I'm thinking is that you could select a vehicle, i.e. Truck or UH60, etc. and instead of clicking "Deploy Manned" you'd have an option to deploy it manned with the cargo full of AI.

What I may do is create a squad menu whereby you can customize a squad to your exact liking up to a certain limit, i.e. 20 units per squad.

So you'd enter the Customize Squad menu and select how many Riflemen, AT, AA, MG, Grenadiers, etc. you want in the squad and then save it to one of 2-4 custom slots. Then when you're deploying from barracks or whatever, you'd have the option to deploy one of your custom squads and have them board a vehicle of your choice.

When you create the squad, it would still take as long as usual if you were deploying them one at a time, but it would be automatic.

If you wanted them to paradrop to your location, then you could build a UH60 and have it fly over then make them eject, or have the pilot disembark.

I'm also going to port my HALO script from OFP at some point so you can have AI HALO into territories in an orderly fashion.

It's something I've been toying around with for a while, but I've had a lot of other junk on my plate. The other top item on my list is to fix up my old Weapons Loadout dialog so we don't have to worry about popping out ammo crates all over the place.

Keep the ideas coming! biggrin_o.gif

Basically what I'm thinking is that you could select a vehicle, i.e. Truck or UH60, etc. and instead of clicking "Deploy Manned" you'd have an option to deploy it manned with the cargo full of AI.

What I may do is create a squad menu whereby you can customize a squad to your exact liking up to a certain limit, i.e. 20 units per squad.

I like this idea witch manned Truck or BH!!  yay.gif

Becouse i`m waste a lot of time to do this.

btw: I`m write at our country forum, manual in russian "How to play RTS4... for dummies"

I Hope it will be useful for someone ,who speak russian.

Описание: RTS4 - Что это? И как в него играть?

This is becoming Chaotic! I suggest to the posters to post the ideas in an orderly listed fashion and have a description following.

IE:

Quote[/b] ]

1. Idea

---Ex.

2. Idea

---Ex.

3. Idea

---Ex.

4. Idea

---Ex.

That'a way if the idea is complete hogwash, Karr can skip it completely biggrin_o.gif

--Ah yes. The ol' Ammo Script. Sounds kewl, forgot about that.

Yep, I like this idea too.

Well this is what I have so far--I'm still working out a couple things, but you would go to this menu and customize up to 4 squads any way you like, up to 20 units.  You can add/remove or clear a squad list.  Then you can deploy any squad from the Barracks or a Forward Base.  They'd still take the same amount of time to create as if you were clicking the button for each one, but this works better.

I looked at deploying them already in the cargo of a vehicle, but decided that would add some unecessary complications.  First, it's only one more button click to deploy an empty vehicle, and then another to tell your group to get in.

Here's a look at the menu:

RTSCustomSquadMenu.jpg

I was reading the debate about 3 to 4 sided games for this and I was thinking about another possible strategy or maybe even resource to the game. You commented about the civilians being neutral to the AI until they're joined to your team, could this be a trigger based on who owns the territory.

For example: Let's say you come upon an enemy forward base or an enemy controlled city and you prepare to attack it. Well from what you've seen there isn't a whole lot going there, possibly because everyone is out assaulting another base, and when you attempt to enter the city you find yourself being shot at by the civilians because they're allies with the occupying army. But let's say you're able to destroy the enemy forward base and capture the town. Now all those people fighting against you are fighting with you when you find yourself besieged by the enemy. This could allow players and the commander himself from having to babysit territories if there are already a sufficient number of civilians already there. Of course the civilians must be armed so crates could appear throughout the city and when contact is to be made an order from the commander might allow civilians to grab ammo and weapons from the crates to prepare to defend the city until help arrives.

The problem is, the Civs will never see west as an enemy. You'd essentially have to join them to a friendly squad. I thought about making Infantry dependent on another resoure: Manpower that you got from Civ's by taking territories, but I think the overhead might be a bit much, and it also might be confusing.

Still, it's an interesting idea. I just have only so much time to implement some things.

@Helltoupe - The forward bases do exactly what you want but better. I'll soon be adding in the ability to create a full squad + transportation so you can take them wherever you want. That would be virtually the same as what you're thinking because a forward base already spawns you deeper into enemy territory and you can build AI immediately after making one--in Beta02 at least.

Still think some kinda mobile spawn would be good tho mainly since well its mobile u can move around not orginating from a fixed postion smile_o.gif

Still think some kinda mobile spawn would be good tho mainly since well its mobile u can move around not orginating from a fixed postion smile_o.gif

if you saying about spawning like parachute jump, in any position on the map... I think this is Sucks... go to C&H.

to KaRRiLLian:

How if think... is it possible to make selectable function when starting a map like "1 life game" :-) without respawn smile_o.gif for hardcore fans players. pistols.gif All noobs will die in first 10 minutes, and all real mans will fight like a Dogs! wink_o.gif

Just take out the respawn script Sukhoi wink_o.gif and host it yourself.

So in order to build a squad, will you need a certain rank? Or will everyone/commander have this menu?

I think I may come up with a ranking system. I'll start everyone at a rank of Seargant or something, and as they do team-oriented things, they'll earn better ranks. As you earn better ranks, your ability to deploy more AI in a squad will go up, you'll be able to use squads, and you'll have access to better vehicles.

I'll have to think through exactly what sort of tasks will be available, but it'll be something like that.

If I do that, I'll try to make it so if a player disconnects, it'll save their stats for a reconnect.

we cant rearm the harrier afther we drop the boms

only the bullets are rearms

maybe a bug ? or forget put the boms and rockets in the ammotruck ?

Ammo Trucks have a single value called ammoCargo which can rearm any weapon for any vehicle UNLESS you have completely used all the ammo for that weapon. Then it will not rearm you. That's an ArmA bug.

BUT, if you land on the white repair pads at the towns you control, you can repair/refuel/rearm even if you have 0 ammo.

UPDATE: RTS-IV Beta02C is now available. New in this version is the Custom Squad configuration menu. Now you can customize up to 4 squads and deploy an entire squad at a time from the Barracks or a Forward Base.

See the pic in a previous post for a screenshot of the new menu.

Look in the first post of this thread for the download link.

Hey, I think theres a bug when a chopper rearms at a hellipad u cant target it. happened twice, dont now if the helipad had anything to do with it just saw him use it.

jets are tuff to defend against. great work. biggrin_o.gif

Hey Karr, with the upcoming 1.06 patch and the fix to the viewdistance you have any plans to mod the TOW and AT-5s to include a better optics? 4x would go a long way. Or something like this

Got to give infantry a fighting chance with 3000m viewdistance and all that. Might even make strykers and BMP's more popular. Shouldered AT weapons dont cut it anymore at these ranges.

Hi Again :

Some tips "to meka it better"

1. Flag near Dolores city, so, If we make a forward base in this sity, bots are spawn near the water, and have a problems with movments...

2. If it possible to add for this misions option, to set different day time? Morning, Evening, Night?

3. When im selecting in Status Menu "Invertory List" I cannot exit from meny by clicking button "Exit Menu" (saw this problem in Vehicle factory, and Aircraft Factory invertory list).

Anyway, ranking system to set priority what units players can use or not, will be the bestest way to resolve this problem.

Suk...

Lemme Address these questions for you...

1. Spawning units inside Dolorez is bad. Especially near the water. AI PF will lead them into the water under the bridges anyway.

2. Already has been Suggested/Requested.

3. This also has already been addressed. Both in TS, the server, and this thread (somewhere).

--------------

There will not be a 1.06 patch. The version will be 1.07.

--------------

The reason for a selectable view distance is strictly for a users PC preformance. Adding distance-shooting ability for AI/Tow Missles make it unfair for those with, say 2000m view distance.

--------------

The reason for a selectable view distance is strictly for a users PC preformance. Adding distance-shooting ability for AI/Tow Missles make it unfair for those with, say 2000m view distance.

Its currently deemed fair for tanks, aircraft and helicopters. I dont see how a higher view distance would advantage someone with a TOW anymore than it already does with tanks and aircraft. Come again? icon_rolleyes.gif

How do you think anyone in an APC, car or on foot is going to survive with 2000m view distance against tanks with 3000m? Considering the only things that will be able to engage anything at those range will be tanks and aircraft? I know you guys REALLY love your tanks but really, unless TOW Strykers, HMMVWs and their opfor equivalent are given the same effective range that tanks have, the game will degrade into nothing more than a glorified berzerk airport. Tank sitting on a hill 3000m away shooting everything that moves in the base? In berzerk it was manageable until now because they were still within shoulder-fired AT weapons, but what at 3000m?

i think this is talk about mission concept not "addon" modification (like TOW optic change) ...

nothing in ungood but i'm sure Kars todo list is already huge enough ...

who knows maybe BIS solve this in upcoming patch(es) ...

A suggestion for resources and squad mechanics. Please understand that this by no means is a request to add these to a wish list or to do list, rather consider them or maybe use them to expand on already existing ideas.

-For resource gathering I was thinking rather than using purely credits like money, why not force the player to capture certain areas to generate the kind of item they need. This would be in tandem with the forward base and production facilities. For example to use tanks or other more advanced vehicles, you must control a certain building or structure such as a vehicle factory. These structures of course would not be built by the player but already exist in certain cities thus creating static objectives that teams fight for rather than erect afterwards. This structure would then, when captured, allow the team who captured it to use the options available with it. Another could be, to use air support such as airborne troops, or air strikes, you must capture an airport. Others may be an ammunition dump or depot to allow teams to use more advanced weapons. I say this because this can make certain places more valuable than others. It can also give opponents a way to shut off production to the other team. And if the enemy shuts off your ability to make tanks then you'd be haulin ass to defend or take back that point. As a side suggestion for this area why not create a sort of supply depot somewhere that may increase either production or rate at which materials are transferred (Units and buildings build faster and convoys move faster.)

-Second idea revolves around squad mechanics. Would it be possible to create role specific squads such as an assault squad (Heavier weapons,) Medical Squad (This squad may be able to use vehicles to get wounded out of battle,) Engineer Squad (Used to create vehicles or structures such as sandbags, set up defensive measures ie. mines. Engineers might also be required to erect any and all buildings or structures needed to progress.) etc. This might allow players to focus on certain aspects of the game rather than everyone trying to rush to the territories and everyone defending at once. Also having specialized squads may give some squads some slack for example if an assault squad has just captured a city, an engineer squad can come in and set up certain defensive measures allowing the assault squad to watch for a counter attack or move onto the next objective. Medics can be called in with a chopper to heal wounded while the remaining soldiers can secure an area for the medics to work. Think Close Combat or Company of Heroes type squad selection.

-My final thought pertains to gameplay and/or base layout. Because you already have everything coded I only wish you think about this for any future projects or patches. Going along with the resource suggestion above, why not eliminate any need to build structures to generate units. Instead why not use the factories or buildings provided to create units. These in turn would turn into convoys that would go where they are needed. This is based heavily on the idea of a supply depot. When a unit is created they may, depending on proximity, appear or go to supply depots from which players pick them up or do with them what they will. Supply depots would be hubs for supplies and vehicles. If you need ammo call up a supply depot for a convoy of supplies. All vehicles and supplies, when idle, can congregate to these places. These of course would be ideal objectives for the enemy to capture or attack because not only would it destroy a good chunk of the player's supplies, but may allow the enemy to use whatever they capture.

These ideas I believe could open many doors to new strategies as well as create a living breathing battlefield that, without each piece working, could be victory or defeat. PM me if you have any questions.