Sign in to follow this  
hedcrusha

New 3rd person camera view

Then keep using the current version and ignore the next version when its released fohtee wink_o.gif

Oh I will! Just watch me! I'll do it! biggrin_o.gif

I just hope not too much changes when the real 1.07 patch comes out. Also, I'm really digging this mod, the view change makes the game feel a lot tighter than the boring default 3rd person view.

Exactly. Not to mention that you don't have an advantage anymore when using 3rd person because it has nearly the same FOV as 1st person now!

Ok messed around with the views a little bit and came up with these

1st one is a bit higher as you can see:

bithigheruy4.jpg

2nd two is my original settings but more to the left:

origbutmoretoleftsl1.jpg

moreleftli3.jpg

Let me know which you think is best BUT i still prefere the 2nd images.

Ive already thought of moving it slighly upwards and tried moving it using that view just a few post's up to the left to give you full fov and the soldier doenst obscure the view! Looks nice and plays nice will post some screenies BUT the crosshair is off!

When you change the camera pos it screws up the cross hair and by moving it up or either left or right it will offset itself. Im trying to find out how to propery project the gun to the crosshair as in make the gun always fire at dead center of the crosshair, or just change the offset of where the gun fires.

If any one knows of any hints or tips on this please share  biggrin_o.gif

test2os0.jpg

As you can see where the smoke and decals are its way off center!

If i can get round this i will release 2 versions one with my orig setting (more close) and this view.

any chance of releaseing this view? Would love to play ArmA in this 3rd person view it would be lovely wink_o.gif

The one to the left is the best. Amazing work Headcrusha. Hope you continue to make these compatable with future patches to come.

hedcrusha

Exellent idea & realisation !!!

BTW Can you make cinematic camera ? Like in Gears of War....

Same point of view but camera moves a little bit left & right behaind the personage...

And maybe add some blur on the run huh.gif

Heh... yay.gif

Sorry been in Rome for the past 4 days. Now about the camera fx if you know how to do this please tell as i will do it if possible. Been trying to do that since day one.

I just cant seem to get this to work. I'm running ver 1.06 of the game I have the US ver. I tried making a new folder for newview and puting what was in the readme in the target line in my shortcut. But that didnt work and I got an error. Then I tried making a copy of my bin.pbo and puting the one from newview in there and it didnt work. Is there something i'm doing wrong here.

I just cant seem to get this to work. I'm running ver 1.06 of the game I have the US ver. I tried making a new folder for newview and puting what was in the readme in the target line in my shortcut. But that didnt work and I got an error. Then I tried making a copy of my bin.pbo and puting the one from newview in there and it didnt work. Is there something i'm doing wrong here.

The mod doesn't work with 1.06 as far as I know. I think there's a version for 1.05 and one for the 1.07 beta.

ah thanks i'll try updating to the beta and try ver .4 of newview

Ive already thought of moving it slighly upwards and tried moving it using that view just a few post's up to the left to give you full fov and the soldier doenst obscure the view! Looks nice and plays nice will post some screenies BUT the crosshair is off!

When you change the camera pos it screws up the cross hair and by moving it up or either left or right it will offset itself. Im trying to find out how to propery project the gun to the crosshair as in make the gun always fire at dead center of the crosshair, or just change the offset of where the gun fires.

If any one knows of any hints or tips on this please share  biggrin_o.gif

test2os0.jpg

As you can see where the smoke and decals are its way off center!

If i can get round this i will release 2 versions one with my orig setting (more close) and this view.

what ever happen to this view would love to play ArmA in this awsome view is there any way of dl this view?

When i add this to a Mod folder i Get this Error

Error Compiling Pixel Shader PSSpecularAlpha

I have a X850Xt that does not Support pixel Shader 3.0 onley 2.0 thanks in Advanced

my RPT file im am Useing 1.06 Ver

I also tryed takeing out all my other addons that did not work

== C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Thu May 17 19:42:50 2007

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_ZOOM_OUT_TOGGLE

Item STR_LIB_INFO_TRANS_SOLD listed twice

Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/

Updating base class ->DestructionEffects, by ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins/

Updating base class ->BulletCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/BulletBase/

Updating base class ->BulletBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_25mm_HE/

Updating base class ->ShellCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ShellBase/

Updating base class ->RocketCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/RocketBase/

Updating base class ->MissileCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/MissileBase/

Updating base class ->MissileBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/M_Sidewinder_AA/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_Magazine/

Updating base class ->CA_Magazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/VehicleMagazine/

Updating base class ->CA_Magazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_LauncherMagazine/

Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/300Rnd_25mm_GAU12/

Updating base class ->230Rnd_30mmHE_2A42, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/250Rnd_30mmHE_2A42/

Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/4Rnd_Sidewinder_AV8B/

Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Launcher/

Updating base class ->MGun, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M134/

Updating base class ->m134, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/TwinM134/

Updating base class ->CannonCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/GAU12/

Updating base class ->CannonCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/2A42/

Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/RocketPods/

Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MissileLauncher/

Updating base class ->MissileLauncher, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/SidewinderLaucher/

CA\buildings\config.bin/CfgDestroy/BuildingHit.sound: Cannot update non array from array

Updating base class ->Strategic, by CA\buildings\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Wall/

Updating base class Rifle->M16A2, by ca\weapons3\m16a4\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m16a4/

Updating base class ->Man, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CAManBase/

Updating base class ->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWB/

Updating base class MFCTI116SoldierWSaboteurPipe->SoldierWSaboteurPipe, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWSaboteurMarksman/

Updating base class ->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierEB/

Updating base class ->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierGB/

Updating base class ->M113, by ca\tracked\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul/

Updating base class ->Tank, by ca\tracked\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP2/

Updating base class ->bmp2, by ca\tracked\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP2Ambul/

Updating base class ->Tank, by ca\tracked\config.bin/CfgVehicles/T72/

Updating base class ->Tank, by ca\tracked\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ZSU/

Updating base class ->UH60MG, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH60/

Updating base class ->Mi17_MG, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17/

Updating base class Boat->Ship, by advd10\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/RHIB/

ErrorMessage: Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha

I have a Good idea about this Mod. Some people Use 3d Glases while playing this Game but when you play in 3d it moves youre Corshair a Bit off becuse of the Depth of 3d vs the game was ment to play in non 3d mode Can you edit the Croshair so it can be Right for people useing 3d glases? xmas_o.gif

When i add this to a Mod folder i Get this Error

[...]

Updating base class Boat->Ship, by advd10\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/RHIB/

ErrorMessage: Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha

I think your problem is caused by the "advd10" addon, or a combination between it and this mod if thats where the error is cropping up.

I think the error is due to the order he put the mods in his ArmA shortcut. At least this happened to me once. Try placing NewView at the end or beginning of the -mod= value. Could you post your complete target line here? smile_o.gif

"my RPT file im am Useing 1.06 Ver"

Does this mean your running arma v1.06? If so it wont work this is only for 1.07.

I have been using your addon in the beta 1.07 and it works very

well.

But I have a problem with the 1.08.

the following error comes out for me.

Can ´ t compiles ps.

Many thanks

I replaced the Shaders in the dta foder this shood work for 1.08

NVm the configs have Changed!

ok tanks.

It will wait for a new version

Ok little bit busy tonight but i shall whip another version out for you guys tommorrow night as im very busy at work.

Ok little bit busy tonight but i shall whip another version out for you guys tommorrow night as im very busy at work.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif Thanks, many thanks