Sign in to follow this  
hedcrusha

New 3rd person camera view

Are those SF riflemen from 1.07?

awesome work, this is way better than the default 3rd person view. thanks!

Yossarian, yeah the helmets are new in 1.07.

hedcrusha next time you can send me the file by e-mail and I'll upload it on my webspace, no need for this rapidshare crap wink_o.gif

Gez,Sorry-i should never of posted sober!!!

Lol i even seen that on .info earlier! banghead.gif

Thanks anyways! smile_o.gif

Thanks SmallBlackSheep Ill keep that in mind for the next release.

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank's a lot BOSS yay.gif

hmmm dont seem to get this to work at all.. your readme states this:

NOTE: This is only for 1.07 beta patch.

Instalation:

Just extract to you main arma directory ( C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\Newview\Dta=bin.pbo is what it will look right when done right). And add the command line to your shortcut -mod=NewView_v0.4.

the path states \newview\ but the calling is for Newview_v0.4 ? dont matter if i name folder that even it just dont work.. either nothing changes, or the video settings get changes to lower res, (have mine at 1650 16:9)

I see the images showing it working but for life of me I just cant seem to get it to run right or even show it slightly working..

target line i use is -mod=NewView_v0.4;FDF_Sounds;beta -nosplash

i tried it diff ways with fdf sounds first and beta first etc but same result..

Any ideas ?

main directory in arma would be \Newview_v0.4\dta\bin.pbo

im not sure what ur readme means by \dta=bin.pbo? anyhow i guess that was a typo ?

Thanks in advance,

Moose

hmmm i got it to work by backing up the main beta\dta\bin.pbo and just replacing it with urs that way.. but some reason wont work with a -mod= target line.. strange

moose.

is there any way to make it just like the view in operatoin flashpoint. Like this view is to close just a little out to see the feet not to far plzzzzzz the view in ArmA is to far away, plz make on script or something to make it where it aint to far awy from the unit.

When you talk about adding the command line. Do you mean right clicking on the desktop shortcut going to properties and adding it to the target and maybe the start in line? Here is what mine looks like. Thank you for any help.

Target="C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe"

Start in="C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\

Ok it was the readme for v0.3 and didnt change much of it. As for the command line this is what mine looks like MAKE SURE it is for the 1.07 beta shortcut!!

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -mod=NewView_v0.4 -nosplash

Maybe try the newview after the beta loads! May sort your issues out!

As for the camera being too close ill make version further away and see what you guys think! But that is why i made this camera closeup over the shoulder too give you a more in the action feel.

Keep in mind the the Start in line still has to be the original ArmA directory, and NOT the beta folder. So in hedcrusha's example it should be:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\"

Ok it was the readme for v0.3 and didnt change much of it. As for the command line this is what mine looks like MAKE SURE it is for the 1.07 beta shortcut!!

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -mod=NewView_v0.4 -nosplash

Maybe try the newview after the beta loads! May sort your issues out!

As for the camera being too close ill make version further away and see what you guys think! But that is why i made this camera closeup over the shoulder too give you a more in the action feel.

Nice cool of ya to make the camera just a little further in the next release looking forward to it wink_o.gif

Ok so how is this veiw?

I liked it better the way it was.

Then keep using the current version and ignore the next version when its released fohtee wink_o.gif

The Jackal326 provides us with todays truth! smile_o.gif really cool with this camera mod, i cant remember any thing like this was made for ofp biggrin_o.gif

Maybe you could move the camera up a bit instead of moving it back only, so that the head doesn't block too much of the view.

Ive already thought of moving it slighly upwards and tried moving it using that view just a few post's up to the left to give you full fov and the soldier doenst obscure the view! Looks nice and plays nice will post some screenies BUT the crosshair is off!

When you change the camera pos it screws up the cross hair and by moving it up or either left or right it will offset itself. Im trying to find out how to propery project the gun to the crosshair as in make the gun always fire at dead center of the crosshair, or just change the offset of where the gun fires.

If any one knows of any hints or tips on this please share biggrin_o.gif

test2os0.jpg

As you can see where the smoke and decals are its way off center!

If i can get round this i will release 2 versions one with my orig setting (more close) and this view.

Ive already thought of moving it slighly upwards and tried moving it using that view just a few post's up to the left to give you full fov and the soldier doenst obscure the view! Looks nice and plays nice will post some screenies BUT the crosshair is off!

When you change the camera pos it screws up the cross hair and by moving it up or either left or right it will offset itself. Im trying to find out how to propery project the gun to the crosshair as in make the gun always fire at dead center of the crosshair, or just change the offset of where the gun fires.

If any one knows of any hints or tips on this please share  biggrin_o.gif

test2os0.jpg

As you can see where the smoke and decals are its way off center!

If i can get round this i will release 2 versions one with my orig setting (more close) and this view.

good good love it love it vary much this view is awsome. Looks realy good cant wait for the release smile_o.gif