Sign in to follow this  
hedcrusha

New 3rd person camera view

I found the file to edit, but yeah this is about as close as I could get too.

I've got a video of Hedcrusha's Ver. 0.3 up, too:

Sorry Karazy i forgot to tell you were to find the values! Ive tried a few things to try and enable leaning in 3rd person but to no avail at the mo! But i will keep trying.

i get an error msg after launching, i did the dta/bin, thing but i just get an error

Going from 3rd person straight to the sights looks hella cool, now! smile_o.gif

Perfect distance, it kinda reminds me of GoW (Gears of War). tounge2.gif

Error compling pixel shader PSSspecularALPHA

i dont have a patch, i just have the downloaded german version.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma-mod=animation.exe" -mod=animation

is that what the target command should look like, ?

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma-mod=animation.exe" -mod=animation

is that what the target command should look like, ?

More like this: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=animation

well it should look like this: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=NewView v0.3

New update has a new feature:

5142 - Improved: Moving of external camera of the soldier is much smoother now

@param cam in/out camera position relative to camBase

@param focusPos focus point relative to camBase

Does this mean we can get an even better 3rd person camera?

NewView doesn't seem to work with the new Beta patch. I got the old 3rd person view back, although ArmA loads up fine. Any workaround hedcrusha? I just got used to it confused_o.gif

well karazy that sounds ace hope it has the leaning sorted too like 1st person mode!

@ smallblacksheep ill get hold of the beta soon and try it my self!

Great job guy !  notworthy.gif

Your mod work on V1.05 but not on V1.05.543 and unfortunately this last "beta" pacth is very much better than V1.05 banghead.gif . You can look some fucking big graphics difference beetwin the both (about the viewdistance, fare textures, grasse, ...) frame rate, AI, ....

What can I do huh.gif? because I can't pay with out your 3rd personne view  crazy_o.gif

And you what!? I'm sure if your view work with 1.05.543, it gonna work as well with the next V1.07 patch  wink_o.gif

get this mirrors for 1.05.543, incase you don't have it.

Mirroir 1

Mirroir 2

Mirroir 3

Try placing the bin.pbo file from the download into your 'C:\Games\Armed Assault\beta\dta' folder, being sure to backup the original first. Also try to NOT SPAM with alternate caps, because thats just plain annoying.

However, given that the BETA Patch has a bin.pbo already, I'd imagine that replacing it will also negate any changes made to that file and its contents, because you'll essentially be overwriting it with an old version. So just wait for v1.07 where I'm fairly sure an update for this mod will be made.

It's really nice, in GR2 it was called 2nd Person :P but I really like this as it's gives you that extra situal awareness that you lose in 1st person but I really don't like playing in 3rd as it just ruins the realism for me, somehow with this camera view it gains that bit of realism for this mode smile_o.gif

sry for quoting this old post but:

It's even not close to Milsim using a mouse and keyboard biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

I have to try this mod as it gives the GRAW 2 feeling, which I really like smile_o.gif

Somehow it makes ArmA more, hmm dunno how to say..."interesting" smile_o.gif

Tank's guy cool but I tried it and this not work beacause it's not the same .bin file. And i tried also to create a new  1.05.5143 .bin file with the newview system inside, but the game don't start  banghead.gif

unfortunately I think this nice mod need defenatly an upload for the new patch, so, we have to wait any more...   crazy_o.gif

At least your patch even works, mine keeps pulling errors out of its rear end and saying that my CD key is invalid. Won't even let me install.

Nice 3rd person view, adds a new feel to ArmA.

Do you happen to have the Combat Operations DEMO installed? I've heard a few users on these forums have had issues installing the latest BETA Patch (as well as the previous BETA Patch) because they had the 1.06 DEMO on their systems. When they completely uninstalled the demo and removed the directoris and such they were able to successfully install the patch.

yes just got the ArmA and love it smile_o.gif well the flying in it is bad the controls for it is not like the operation flashpoint, be cool if some one took on this task of makeing the flying better but the 3rd person view is just to far away and in the land vehicles. I see this post on the forum and seen what was done on the 3rd person view on the units it looks good but just to close is there any way to make it like operation flashpoint? Like how the camra is on the unit?

V1.07+ (beta) is available pleaaaasse "hedcrusha" make an unpdaaaate or just explaine me mate   welcome.gif  

I tried a lot of thing but nothing work  banghead.gif

is not the same .bin, and "Cfgcameraeffect.cpp" ans "CfgEditcamera.cpp" are not there, so when u put yours..... banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  

please help

Hey sorry been away for a while and just re-formatted my machine as ive upgraded everything biggrin_o.gif . My mod didnt work in 1.05.5143 because i couldnt get arma to load with it activated so im waiting for 1.07 to come out properly so i can edit the nessessary files to get it working. But however ill install arma in a mo and have a look and try and get it to work on all new patches enc 1.05.5143.

@ Bob.Moore, Do you mean for the xbox?

@ 1in1class, Ive looked through files for somthing similar to this as i wanted to try and incoperate leaning in 3rd person and i would have to try and bind the camera to the head as in ofp but atm it doesnt look good. Unless they have changed things in the 1.07 patch which i shall be testing later tonight.