Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry's SEALS

Always wanted to create an addon for ofp, heres one for Arma.

I've worked on it for quite a bit but i'd say its still quite a bit low quality and a long way to go.

Current Version is BETA 0.5

Download link;

File Front mirror Click here

ArmedAssault.info Mirror : DOWNLOAD Dirty Harry\'s SEALS [12 MB] from FTP#1

Armaholic.com mirror: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1008

ofp.4players.de mirror: http://ofp.4players.de/sys....ateg=14

nextgenerationgames.de: Click here

ArmAdb.com: click here

frontboth2tr1.jpg

sideassault2zr2.jpg

siderecon2mr6.jpg

You pasted the wrong pic link. When hotlinking you have to use the direct link from Imageshack.

AFAIK, these are field tested unforms used by navy seals.

miltiger2webps3.jpg

michaelmonsoor1nn0.jpg

The 2nd image is from an article covering the death of a navy seal michael monsoor. RIP

low quality??!! imo those navy seals look super nice! thumbs-up.gif

keep up the good work. will you add any vehicles to them like buggys or mini subs or some fancy under water stuff?

What interesting (and "different" ) camouflage uniforms. Are

you going to give them the cool-looking desert boots as worn

in the first reference pic you posted?

All sounds good. Im planning some minor tweeks here 'n there, also, i want to add some re-textured weapons but tbh, cpp's and hex editors give me a headache biggrin_o.gif

All suggestions and comments welcome. wink_o.gif

Its probably your best bet to work on those later and get a release out as soon as possible wink_o.gif.

Really nice units man, I like the new look of the body-armour smile_o.gif

Nice One Harry, can't wait to go for Beta-Test with em notworthy.gif

Current verision 0.5 BETA has been released!

ENJOY!

oh, and do me a favor and report back here wink_o.gif

Moving upon request. smile_o.gif

Only problem with this pattern you chose is that they do not in the least represent SEALs at a quick glance. If it wasn't for the content of this post I would never have guessed they were SEALs and I know quite a bit about them.

@ Mar. 24 2007,06:53)]Only problem with this pattern you chose is that they do not in the least represent SEALs at a quick glance.  If it wasn't for the content of this post I would never have guessed they were SEALs and I know quite a bit about them.

don't you think that kind of the point why they are wearing that stuff? wink_o.gif If everybody can see that they are seals than they become a prime target.

The first camouflage is desert tigerstripe which was used by SEALs and Afghan forces in Afghanistan. Quite a popular camouflage and quite effective.

The second is simply ACU and you could have used the textures of the standard BIS units as those are good enough for ACU. The reason for wearing is ACU is that they don't stand out among all the other units in Iraq. If they would operate alongside Marines they would probably wear MARPAT.

The second is simply ACU and you could have used the textures of the standard BIS units as those are good enough for ACU. The reason for wearing is ACU is that they don't stand out among all the other units in Iraq. If they would operate alongside Marines they would probably wear MARPAT.

No it isn't. It's the new NWU US Navy uniform which is currently being tested.

Cheers ironsight wink_o.gif and thanks for the new google keyword lol, it was tough finding that camo wink_o.gif

"digital urban bdu" was what i was using.

Going off topic a bit, its hard finding the "right" hue, lightness, contrast for camo's these days.

I think theres at least 3 different "NWU" (mostly Blue, mostly grey, and a brighter ver)

3 different "ACU" (bright, mostly grey or strong green) and

2 different "marpat woodland". (mostly brown, mostly green)

I was referring to the pictures of the real-life SEALs.

The blue-grey digital Navy camouflage will NOT be used by SEALs in the field. It was absolutely not designed to be a tactical uniform!

@Dirty Harry;

uniforms fade and that causes them to look different. The new uniforms also look very different under different light conditions.

Trust me that there is only one MARPAT camouflage and only one ACU camouflage. Colours of the equipment may vary slightly because some are made by different manufacturers and with different materials, but the colours should be completely the same.

During the design and testing of the ACU there were multiple versions with different colours, but only one was chosen. The same is for the NWU. Two different digital versions were designed (dominant blue and dominant grey) alongside two different non-digital versions, but only one of the digital camouflages was chosen (don't know which one though)

I was referring to the pictures of the real-life SEALs.

The blue-grey digital Navy camouflage will NOT be used by SEALs in the field. It was absolutely not designed to be a tactical uniform!

@Dirty Harry;

uniforms fade and that causes them to look different. The new uniforms also look very different under different light conditions.

Trust me that there is only one MARPAT camouflage and only one ACU camouflage. Colours of the equipment may vary slightly because some are made by different manufacturers and with different materials, but the colours should be completely the same.

During the design and testing of the ACU there were multiple versions with different colours, but only one was chosen. The same is for the NWU. Two different digital versions were designed (dominant blue and dominant grey) alongside two different non-digital versions, but only one of the digital camouflages was chosen (don't know which one though)

If you are talking about this picture, you're right. I am convinced after seeing a higher res picture:

31302938eh2.jpg

Looks like an earlier generation ACU like you said. There are pics of Navy guys in the field with NWU though. I imagine it will be used in the field by Seabees and EOD, maybe even SEAL's.

It is unlikely that it is going to be used widely by SEAL's but it looks like there are guys wearing it. Maybe as part of the evaluation? I imagine it wouldn't work that bad in an urban combat or naval environment.

digitalurbanyt2.jpg

Im strongly confident that the navy would not use an early version of ARMY combat uniform.

I believe the image with the actual SEALS are wearing the above uniform, its just worn, dusty and brighter due to the sun.

btw, this is the sample i used to skin the assault trooper. smile_o.gif

But what ever, they look badass biggrin_o.gif

Thats the new Navy uniform.

http://www.news.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=22519

Quote[/b] ]Im strongly confident that the navy would not use an early version of ARMY combat uniform.

Why not? Your picture of those alledged seals is ACU.

And the US Air Force has been seen to use ACU in iraq aswell.

Loving the desert tigerstripe tho!

[imghttp://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7927/digitalurbanyt2.jpg[/img]

Im strongly confident that the navy would not use an early version of ARMY combat uniform.

I believe the image with the actual SEALS are wearing the above uniform, its just worn, dusty and brighter due to the sun.

btw, this is the sample i used to skin the assault trooper. smile_o.gif

But what ever, they look badass biggrin_o.gif

Wrong. The SEALs are operating alongside Army units in that operation and that's why they use the ACU. Special unit's don't want to stand out when in the field, because than everybody can see who they are and they become a prime target. Air Force air controllers have also been seen using ACU when operating together with Army units.

Both would probably use MARPAT when operating together with the USMC. It's not like there is a camouflage that is just for SEALs. They use what is best for the mission and which doesn't make them stand out.

Quote[/b] ]Im strongly confident that the navy would not use an early version of ARMY combat uniform.

And why not? Because they are navy and want nothing to do with the army? Please tell me you are not actually that dumb.

And the ACU in the picture is not an early version, it's just the normal ACU. Like I said it looks very different on pictures depending on a lot of things like light conditions.

ACU is quite a good camouflage for Iraqi urban terrain. The grey-brown colour blends in very well with the majority of the buildings. That may also be a reason for using it. At night it sucks of course for during day-light it's not that bad.

@Ironsight;

forget about the NWU. It's not a tactical uniform and wont be used by troops on hostile terrain, because it's not even a real camouflage (in a way that it will help conseal you). Even the navy website says that it's not a tactical uniform. Perhaps it will be used by sailors on guard duty at ports and oil-rigs, but that's only because than they don't really need a camouflage.

Also; do not confuse the NWU with the blue digital camouflage as used by Iraqi police units.

Informative if not a little bit insulting. whistle.gif

I wanted to create something authentic which usually means something cool.

In future i think i will make units not as specific as i tried. (Ebud SF units).

Work on a final version is very slow with course work taking most of my time.

planed features, arm patches, hillwalking boots, working blood/bullet wounds and an overall more polished texture quality.

P.S

I wont be making anymore posts in this thread till my next release. smile_o.gif