Sign in to follow this  
Stryder

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

The Float 32?

Tried it and yes ground for example looked lot better but suddently i had such a terrible framerate ( like 1 fps at times ) that i had to remove it again sad_o.gif

Anyway finally found time to finish it with the best end and well... another awesome game witha super lousy end... bah.

When will the devs finally learn this... the ending is a super important part of a game, something we deserved after all the time and enthusiasm invested... kind of a trophy.

still need to complete this game - uni work took a turn for the busy, so I've not touched anything game releated in a month or so

It's worth finishing it just to get it out of the back of your mind. I've left too many games unfinished over the years, so I made up my mind to not let that happen to this one. It was well worth it smile_o.gif

I hear that, Im at this game until I find out who the Hell Strelok is! biggrin_o.gif

Prepare to be pretty surprised when you find out.

Btw if you wanna know all bout Strelok make sure you find his USB stick before you find Ghost in the Lab, otherwise you have to restart the Game cause you wont get the quest for the best ending.

Holy Christ, I didnt even find out who he was and not only that, battled all night til' the end which was hands-down, the most fantastically, amazingly, undoubtably the worst letdown ending Ive ever had in the history of my gaming years, IM RICH! crash *death* confused_o.gif

And I missing something?

Holy Christ, I didnt even find out who he was and not only that, battled all night til' the end which was hands-down, the most fantastically, amazingly, undoubtably the worst letdown ending Ive ever had in the history of my gaming years, IM RICH! crash *death*  confused_o.gif

And I missing something?

There are 7 different endings, depending on how well you performed before. wink_o.gif

Aaaah hell, now Ive gotta read'n'stuff just to Find out how to play the game properly, because with an Ending as ridiculous as mine...It better be a bloody good'un! cheers for letting me know forum.

Holy Christ, I didnt even find out who he was and not only that, battled all night til' the end which was hands-down, the most fantastically, amazingly, undoubtably the worst letdown ending Ive ever had in the history of my gaming years, IM RICH! crash *death* confused_o.gif

And I missing something?

If you rush the game and don't do all the major missions and many of the small side mission, you'll miss quite a bit of the game and a chance to see the long ending.

And as i said before make sure to follow the strelok quest asap, find his memory stick in his hideout, talk to his former buddies and then find Ghost, later you gotta head back to the hideout to meet Doc who will give you the quest that leads you to the real ending including some explaining who Strelok is and how the zone exists.

Like i said you will be quite surprised especially when you hear the reason why you have to hunt Strelok.

Btw for the real ending also dont enter the room with the Monolith instead walk onward till you spot a turning ligh near a ladder, if you followed the Strelok quest right you can open a door up there and then you will face another choice... if you dont agree to the thing offered you fight trough some more areas outside and finally reach the best ending...

Not really any better though, damn short but at least you arent crazy, blind or dead afterwards wink_o.gif

yeah, even after seeing the rich ending and then trying out the other path, the ending was incredibly short for how much work it took to get there.

I think its hilarious how many people i see who've skipped vital bits, reach a false ending then claim the games a letdown, when if they'd played it fully, they'd have the proper ending.

I Guess its because I used the Fajakes Mod which kinda turns the game into some jumped up CS, but after getting so damn far, patching only to find out that it kills your saved games before hand I just wanted to get past the tedious stuff. smile_o.gif

Well maybe Ill just play it another day, however

*SPOLIER ALERT!*

When I got inside lab X16 Ghost was dead?

*SPOLIER ALERT!*

When I got inside lab X16 Ghost was dead?

*SPOILER ALERT!*

He's always dead

OOOk rofl.gif Hmm, I saw all these guys saying find Ghost, Alive would have made more sence but thats cool. Cheers Shad biggrin_o.gif

This game was such a bloody let down.

Yes I did expect it to be 'linearised' after reading the preview material just before release. But it is the other aspects that let me down, like the piss poor accuracy and hitting power of the weapons. Predictability of the enemy AI and extreme scripting of everything. Total lack of open space and exploration, everything is easy to find. It also seemed incredibly dumbed down, like they couldn't even leave anomalies invisible, and they end up being an easy to see novelty or occasional obstacle rather than a real threat.

Really the game is nothing like the original idea and that is a sad shame. The atmosphere is nice though...

The atmosphere is nice though...

And thank god for mods... wink_o.gif

Anyone knows when that new patch gets released? There has been a topic on the official forums called 'new patch soon' or something for several weeks now.. tounge2.gif

I really want that 'free exploration' game mode, and i hope they fix those damn AI respawns every 5 minutes.. tounge2.gif

I play it a litll now end is a relly nice game boot need somn more time to tray it more biggrin_o.gif

It was fun for almost a week.

I think what kinda of did it in for me was that it seemed a bit on the dumb side. I think it was the characters themselves and the dialogue.

I was the arena champion without trying.

Some of the missions didnt work or were a bit disapointing.

Ive tried to get into the mods a bit but I cant seem to touch it now...its like its done and over with.

I´m playing it from the box with no mods or user-editing and I really like it. I just got sacked by the doctor and I was not really surprised about his welcome message as some other actors in the game also seem to *confuse* some things when talking to you.

I am following the main-plot , have not joined any faction yet and do a lot of sidemissions that can be pretty nasty and hard. (Clearing the village from bloodsuckers at night must have been one of my most frightening gaming experiences ever.)

The first time you have to go underground for searching Streloks hideot I almost peed my pants because of the darkness and the enemies that just popped up in my light. Crazy.

The atmosphere is awesome, the surrounding , the buildings, the sounddesign and the music are topnotch. I play it on full texture detail because I like the surrounding so much and what I also do like very much is that you can explore almost any place you want. I sometimes ended up wandering around a building for a couple of minutes to plan a path on the rooftop and to get to certain spots that are not easy to access. The area where you have to protect the scientist is a good example. You can get almost everywhere here with climbing, jumping and thinking and it gives you a benefit if you do so as you get to better attack positions for the guys who want to kill the scientist.

Seriously, it´s been a while since a game sucked me in that bad.

It´s very spooky at times and the firefights with AI are not easy. I´m playing on hardest level and they serve me plenty.

I like all those little details ingame and the general atmosphere of the locations. I do not think that the spawning of enemies is overdone, infact I like to be afraid when reentering a zone and getting rushed upon by 50 beasts biggrin_o.gif

I have the feeling that some things are not finished yet or are somehow locked but for me this game is definately a blast and I will certainly replay it.

Badly needed: Quicksave

Now on to the antennas !

Badly needed: Quicksave

At the top of your keyboard you have one key that reads F5 and another that read F7.

Hit the one in the middle  tounge2.gif

Thanks God! SDK has appeared. Just for MP.But they promised to make and for singleplayer soon. Stalker the game was released in March and the first version appeared yesterday. So 3 months. Arma was released in December,but can`t see even beta tools. Hope it`s time to correct arma`s tools. But all in all GSC were quickly than BIS wink_o.gif