Sign in to follow this  
Stryder

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

huh.gif

Wow, i didnt even knew stalker had all that stuff, im still wandering around the garbage in a crappy bandit suit with an AKS74U or MP5.

No mods though.

A lil trick.

Quote[/b] ]

Minor spoiler:

You can find yourself a mercenary suit in first 5 minute of playing the game. <span style='color:white'>As soon as you get out of traders house go to Wolf and talk to him. Then climb up the ladder behind him and carefully get up the houses roof. Jump over to the building that you see right in front of you. Walk to the other side of the roof and turn around. You should see a crate under the roof. Shoot/smash it and a cool suit will fall out wink_o.gif</span>

The first time I really played the game I went as fast as I could to make it to the end(ings).

I went back to previous saves and started collecting, I could not find those screenshot, just later on I looked for mods.

Need to make screenshots of my last higher level collections also again without mods then it looks different again.

btw. did you see all the special stones and artifacts? those are nice to collect for money or some jobs, although they lay sometimes in places that can kill you wink_o.gif

The stones are usefull for your character but some are radio active or whatever those will cause, but some are usefull so you can use it to run longer with big loads of stuff in your backpack or it gives better protection.

You can use 5 of it in your backback read what they do and what they cause. if your constantly get the warning radio active then don`t use the stone/artifact when you wandering around.

The collection seen on the screenie indicateds how many I sold or used for jobs already biggrin_o.gif

You probably found out that you can destroy wooden crates and thos small metal boxes with your knife(saves bullets) wink_o.gif

Check rooms/labs good, Lockers, desks, boxes etc...especially the ones where you need to go to for the missions whistle.gif

Last hint is check that PDA for the secret stashes from dead stalkers bandits or whomever and your jobs and mission(s)

I talk so much about it that I went back ingame to do some collecting/shoting again cya pistols.gif

When you don`t start to kill or keep searching for better weapons and gear/suits you will be busy for a while  tounge2.gif

You misunderstood me.

It is not like I don't kill or scoop in every stash, corpse, pipe, crate or locker. I have quite a number of stashes across all the territories I already visited to store weapons, ammo and equipment I looted from the various sources...

Regarding the attack of the Duties against the Freedoms, you can just look at my first 'spoiler' to see that I still looted their corpses, but as the Freedoms won I have no access to the armory (yet).

Looking at your screenshot I already found most artifacts, just yesterday bought me my first Exosceleton Suit, and also with the weapons I am not that far behind (9x39 and 7.62 sniper rifles, GP37(G36), Pumpaction shotgun, RPG, revolving grenade launcher),...

Last but not least, just yesterday I helped Freedom against Monolith and now I am going to cross the border into the Monolith territory - going to be interesting... pistols.gif

my bad...and I never check spoilers but most of the hints later were for heatseeker anyway pistols.gif

Have you heard the new Oblivion Lost mod 2.0 is out you have to give it a try, it's like a complete new game

here is the readme

Quote[/b] ]

What is the purpose of this mod?

The purpose of this mod is to get closer to the old Oblivion Lost, and give the best performance possible, while implementing the best mod features:

Total Freeplay, Modified A-Life, and Reality Enhancement.

It is recommended to play in HELL difficulty!

This mod works properly only with 1.0004 or 1.0005 patch! The default is 1.0005!

The default version working with the 1.0006 patch aswell, but that is just an MP Patch.

If you want to play with the 1.0004 patch, then you must install the OL1.0004 compatible patch.

FEATURES:

FREEPLAY

- Although you can follow the storyline, it is not necessary, you can explore all levels without completing them, but you must have the decoder to be able to get to Monolith Control and NPP Stancia2.

- Removed the scripted blowout from Stancia1 and the dead zone from Stancia2, so you can explorate the whole Power Plant.

- The last portal teleports the actor to the court, so the game is open-ended, you can make your way back to the previous levels.

- New level changers (NPP Stancia2 to Control Room, Control Room to Sarcophagus, Sarcophagus to NPP Stancia1, NPP Stancia1 to Pripyat, Cordon'to Dark Valley).

A-LIFE

- Now almost everything can happen, there's a chance to meet any NPC on any level.

- Sometimes the army raids, sometimes they don't, this is totally random, too.

- The mutants are making their way through the Zone in big hordes.

- The mutants are entering places where they could not enter before, so there's an increased chance to meet them in npc populated areas.

- Sometimes you may happen upon unique situations, it can be very hard or even funny.

- You will not have the same situations 2 times on the same level.

- The respawn can be very random, there's a chance to meet different types of mutants then before.

- The bugs of the older versions and the vanilla bugs have been corrected, now you won't see any failed quests and Quest NPC's who die before you can complete their quests, also the vanilla respawn is working properly and balanced.

FACTION WARS

- There's a chance to meet any faction in any level, also it's totally random.

- A message will give you notice about the random events.

- The Military attacks the bandits in the carpark.

- The Military attacks the loners and the bandits in the Hangar.

- You can meet Mercenaries in Agroprom.

- The Duty and the Military attacks Borov's base.

- The Freedom attacks the Duty base.

- The Military sometimes attacks Rostok Wild Territory.

- The Duty attacks the Freedom base.

- All factions try to reach the center of the Zone, and there's a chance to some of them become zombified by the Psy Emission.

REALISM

- All weapons are stronger and well-balanced.

- Almost to all weapons are able to attach addons.

- Added realistic sounds to the weapons, rounds, ammos, materials and environment.

- NPC's can bleed, if they are hurt they fall down to the ground and if they don't receive any medkits within a minute, then they die.

- Bandages and foods don't heal the actor.

- The average bleeding doesn't stop by itself, only the minor.

- Added realistic head-bobbing to the actor when he is heavily wounded.

- Well-balanced armor degradation.

- The crosshair is reduced to a dot.

- New sniper weapon scopes.

-There is a huge difference between day and night, you can sneak in the pitch black, but it's not very easy, I had to make a compromise between a good stealth and bugfree npc behaviour.

- If the actor turns on the flashlight at night, then his enemies spot him immediately.

- Reduced the sound volume of the Knife, now it's a dangerous and invisible weapon during night, presumably the NPC's won't notice the actor if he is smart enough.

- The quality of the weapons which are looted from corpses is generally very bad.

NEW WEAPONS

- BM16 Long Rifle

- M-134 Minigun

- AK-47

REWORKED AI

- The npc's can avoid anomalies.

- The npc's can throw grenades.

- The npc's can use medkits, heal themselves and each other.

- The npc's can upgrade and replace their armor and they will collect suits and weapons found laying about.

- There are no dead npc's around campfires, but if someone dies near one, the campers will drag the corpse away.

RE-ENABLED CONTROLLER AI

- The controller can take control on the npc's and lead them against his enemies.

- If an npc is inside the controller's aura, then he will immediately become zombified.

- When the controller dies, then "controlled" npc's will return to normal.

WEATHER

- There are 24 hour cycle weathers in all levels.

- The night is dark and scary.

- Restored the Sun and the Moon.

- Atmospheric sky textures.

- In NPP Stancia2 the weather is always rainy and cloudy, it fits in to the atmosphere of the Nuclear Plant.

BLOWOUT

- The blowout is totally random, you never know when it will happen.

- So there are many hideouts in each level, but carrying antirad is very important.

- The npc's are running to hideouts, while being attacked - they fire back, at the end of blowout - they return to usual places. They protect the hideouts from enemies.

- The strength of the blowout is always stronger and stronger if you are closer to the NPP. In the NPP blowouts are deadly, you must runn down to the Sarcophagus as soon as you can.

- The mutants lie on the ground during the high radiation sequence of blowouts, they feel pain from that.

- More mutants will appear after blowout and give madness to the environment.

- Artifacts will birth from anomalies after blowout.

- The blowout will continue if you save and load the game or move to an other level, you can't bypass it.

DYNAMIC ANOMALIES

- The anomalies change their positions after blowouts.

- Stronger anomalies can appear and they will be very deadly.

- Be careful of them if you are driving cars, now the routine which you learn in the vanilla game is useless.

DYNAMIC HUD

- Player's field of view lowers when you wear suits with masks, condensation effect (glass becomes covered with moisture)

ARTIFACT TRANSMUTATION

- It's a kind of alchemy, as you can see in other rpg games. You can modify artifacts by placing them in the proper anomaly, but be careful, you can ruin them too. There are "recipts" hidden in the zone, and you need to find them, or get them with completing quests. These papers contain the solution for creating unique items, so you should carefully read them. There are different levels for artifacts, each with new features. If you are lucky, you will be able to create a new artifact with unique properties.

SLEEPING

- Now Marked One gets tired after 30 hours of action: it begins to double your vision, etc. If you continue to play and will not sleep, Marked One will fall asleep approximately after 6 hours.

- You can't sleep for a while if you had an energy drink.

- You can't sleep during blowout.

- To sleep, use the sleeping bag in your inventory..

MUTANTS

- Added all cutout mutants (Dwarf, Chimera, Cat, Zombie, Izlom)

- Theyhave many different types of skins.

- Added the Psy Dog as a new mutant (with attack effector).

- Two boss enemy characters (Burer and Koshei) - they are tougher and have stronger attacks then the usual mutants.

VEHICLES

- Added all drivable vehicles (Niva, Zaz, Kamaz, Tractor, UAZ, BTR, Moskvich).

- The vehicles don't float.

- Well-balanced driving properties.

- Added realistic engine and gear sounds to the UAZ.

MISCELLANEOUS

- Replaced main menu music.

- Main menu from the 2215 beta.

- Added the "Turn on the engine" to the options/controls.

- Added the AMK Options menu, you can disable the Suit HUD visors.

- NPC's can buy anything from the actor but in very low prices.

- All traders can repair.

- New stalker and weapon textures.

- Additional skins for stalkers and bandits.

- Traders sell their supplies at very high prices, but they pay very low prices for everything, now they are well-balanced.

- Finding a medkit is not so easy, also it's very expensive to purchase them.

- Shootable crows.

- You can place markers on the pda map with GPS.

- Reworked the helicopter AI. Now they use rockets and will sometimes use evasive maneuvers. If the pilot loses the player from it's FOV (Field of Vision), then it will halt it's attack and fly away.

- Antigas armors enabled.

- The npc's can play the harmonica.

- Alcolholism, don't drink too much vodka.

- Replaced some dialog sounds to russian.

- Added some songs to the camping stalkers.

- Sidequests and autoquests have no time limit.

- You can obtain the quests again after 1 day.

- In standard task of the "Kill stalker" type, now, there are several ways to end task - victim can pay for its life.

- A lot of vanilla bugfixes.

And here is the DL link smile_o.gif

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Oblivion_Lost;89584

Last night i decided to go back to Ogropron facility to see what i could scavenge there, i left a stash of artifacts there previously before going underground (Mole) and i was desperate for a new/better suit.

I received a task to help the stalkers who were being atacked by bandits, i could hear the gunfire and when i got there the stalkers were all dead but the bandits were still opening fire..

A bandit saw me, fired at me and while i was taking cover he was killed by a bloodsucker that came after me but was dealt with a very fortunate AK74 burst.

Pressed crouch, lights off and quietly climbed to the tallest part of the structure while the few remaining bandits got killed, it was dark, raining and i could hear something feeding of the corpses a bit after, nhac.. nhac.. crazy_o.gif .

I camped up there and waited for day light, i had plenty of food smile_o.gif .

Sweet game!!

I just ordered it. You guys do better pr-job than several gaming magazines combined. biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

You can trade the artifacts with the stalkers there...the ones you want to keep/use for urself or can use for the jobs the barkeeper or trader have you take back offcourse smile_o.gif

It`ll saves backpack space and weight for suit(s) and weapons/ammo wink_o.gif

You can trade the artifacts with the stalkers there...the ones you want to keep/use for urself or can use for the jobs the barkeeper or trader have you take back offcourse smile_o.gif

It`ll saves backpack space and weight for suit(s) and weapons/ammo wink_o.gif

I sold quite a few to the barkeep but im keeping atleast 1 of each to myself, maybe some other trader will pay well for them wink_o.gif .

Going back to Ogropron underground payed off, there was a bandit with a obokan + grenade launcher in there, i also missed the stalker suit at strelok's old hideout when i went there the first time.

Today I could had buy the guitar again but saw it to late banghead.gif ...I hit leave reloaded the save and there is no guitar in his backpack confused_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Good game, finished 2 times, one of the best I have ever played and (sic!wink_o.gif one of most fucked up I have ever seen. Its just micro scape percent of that what they have been promising.

BTW, my favourite mods are ABC Inferno and Oblivion Lost, how its with yours?

its a shame that the game is split up into different map zones. when i first heard about it i imagined something like oblivion/ofp areas, go wherever you want, dont be forced to follow the main quest(side-quests are worthless in stlkr), realistic environments like big forests etc..

i think i read that finding equipment would be hard in the big zone( big, open area as i had imagined), but advance through some areas and you'll find loads .its not like youre going to go "WHOAH, i found a G36 :O :O :O!!!.

despite this, it is still a good game, especially with the mod oblivion lost, the game gets much more interesting

Have only played this vanilla and on a fairly weak PC to about 50% completion so looking forward to installing it again fully mod-loaded and on a better PC, is this new mod compatible with other mods? What else should I use for gameplay/visual improvements?

Hmm personally i use and would recommend

Oblivion lost 2

Skyace skygraphics mod 2

stalker weather overhauled 2

check them out on filefront, none of these should conflict and overall you are left with a fun,pretty yet challenging game. Right now im on my 4th time through the game and still loving it.

Thanks lads I'll be sure to check them out smile_o.gif

I havent made it very far yet but i found two guitars wich are only worth 35 RU and are 100% useless (the armonica too), i really expected to use the guitar as a melee weapon mad_o.gif .

I also expected a more interesting survival and resource management system, i can always find ammo, med kits and bandages, food, weapons, antirads or vodka, etc and i find money to be useless so far, and the side missions keep repeating over and over with the npc's spawning in the same places and doing the same stuff over and over..

I hope CS will have a more interesting balance and logic but i still like SOC quite a bit smile_o.gif .

How typical, yet another game that freezes with Vista, my wife's new laptop has Vista on it and Stalker freezes all the time, after only like 10 mins of gameplay, she only has 2gb ram and the only fixes I've found are for people with more than 2gb ram sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]How typical, yet another game that freezes with Vista, my wife's new laptop has Vista on it and Stalker freezes all the time, after only like 10 mins of gameplay, she only has 2gb ram and the only fixes I've found are for people with more than 2gb ram sad_o.gif

Play it with xp and the new oblivion lost mod (when you've got the possibility) it is the best solution, and it works absolut solid on my computer.

And I say THQ released an Alpha version with this game and no full game mad_o.gif

Well it's not feasible to uninstall Vista on the PC which it's fully licensed to use and then install some version of XP just because they haven't supported Vista properly.

And I say THQ released an Alpha version with this game and no full game  mad_o.gif

I'd rather say that THQ spent 6 years trying to make their insanely unique and exciting idea a reality, realised it was taking too long, and had to get something released... thus culling a lot of the features I drooled over when I first read about STALKER.

still a fun game, and I immensely enjoyed it. Need to play it through again with this new fangled mod.

THQ were just the publisher, the credit for the game has to go to developer GSC wink_o.gif

Well it's not feasible to uninstall Vista on the PC which it's fully licensed to use and then install some version of XP just because they haven't supported Vista properly.

Have you ever been informed about the wonders of a dual-boot system? wink_o.gif

Win XP only takes like 1,5GB to install (less if you remove a lot of the non-essential parts), and 99% of all major applications are compatible with it unlike Vista.

2 gigs of ram with Vista uh? Make sure you have a large page file then cuz stalker's ram usage is nuts.

I read many bad things about 1.5 and 1.6 was actually pulled out, 1.4 seems the best one and the one im using.

And tried to disable prefetching yet? Add to your shortcut -noprefetch, for me this fixed some weird triangles caused by the rain.

I read people saying they got it to work with Vista, you should be able to make it work too.

Im at lab x16 now, in Yantar.. damn snorks are dangerous mad_o.gif .