Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Awesome downloading now, ill have plenty of time testing today since were getting another blizzard. Im Not a total expert with the armor values with this game ill just try and take live experience on it and see how she feels

Peace

Rich smile_o.gif

These sounds are great. Nice job.

I don’t know if you’re interested, but I would be willing to help you with editing/polishing/fine tuning the sounds. Audio editing is an area in which I have knowledge in. If you would like, I could adjust volumes, fade out samples so you can’t hear the end sample coming to an end, try to edit noises out of the samples, boost or enhance sounds, ect........

I spent some time adjusting your M4 and AK47 sounds. Those are great samples, but they are missing that sharp attack you hear when actually firing the gun. Here is a small sample of the modification I did to your M4 and AK47 sounds..........

Download ArmA_Sounds.mp3 - Description below.....

- First shot is your M4 SS A and the second shot is your M4SPR SS A.

- Then my modified sounds following the same order.

- Your AK47 single shot and then burst

- Then my modified single shot and burst.

These are not necessarily finished, but I think these changes enhance the sounds by adding that sharp attack from the weapon that is in front of you, while still keeping your original sound. Also, I am working with fading the samples out (smoothly), because you should not be able to hear the sample come to and end, but I am having trouble converting the WAV back to WSS so I can test it out in game.

Please refer to my post in this thread for a full description of my problem........

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=55685

Let me know if you’re interested in any help in regards to what I described above. Either way, do you have any idea what my WAV-WSS conversion problem might be?

Thanks,

Wow. Very nice job rg7621. Your sounds are pretty good and i hope that Predator will use this modyfication in next version of his soundpack.

xmas_o.gif

Your nickname sounds familiar.. You played SWAT 4?

Will lokk into your changes ASAP.

Nice, sounds great. I have use for such talent **

Excellent sounds...just a few notifications:

- AGS doesn´t sound realistic, my "field of speciality" in army was an AGS-shooter and mod-sound is a bit weak, it should be more loud and a little metallic.

- Also the explosions when shooting AGS, sound "flat"...like a loud "splash!" (mod sound that is)

FDF-mod had a nice sounds for AGS&AGS explosions.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

(JK/KAARTP´95 KrKk-miäs)

Your sounds are a good improvement over the ones BIS gave

us and I'll be using them from now on. Thank you for taking

the time to produce this. There is a problem, however, with

your firing sounds for the M240 and the PK. Your sounds have

far too much "heavy bass" to them and don't at all capture

the typical "metallic" clangor of the real guns.

...enhance the sounds by adding that sharp attack from the weapon that is in front of you...

That is the most important thing for a weapon sound!

So many games don't give you the feeling that you are firing a weapon. Ok, "feeling" in a game isn't that easy, but what you called "sharp attack" simulates that feeling very well.

The people must frighten themselves when they fire a weapon in ArmA with speakers at high volume!

Great job! Hope to see you and ThePredator working together.

MfG Lee thumbs-up.gif

I am aware of some "not-so-good" sounds. M240 is just one example.

But with the editing rg7621 has done, they will sound pretty much like the real thing (the placeholder sounds will be changed ASAP).

...enhance the sounds by adding that sharp attack from the weapon that is in front of you...

That is the most important thing for a weapon sound!

So many games don't give you the feeling that you are firing a weapon. Ok, "feeling" in a game isn't that easy, but what you called "sharp attack" simulates that feeling very well.

It also makes the simulated "recoil" better too. I found that

the flatulent sounds BIS used seemed to make the recoil

seem lethargic and unrealistic and unrelated to the "bang".

These sharper sounds I find help to impart the illusion that

your rifle is actually kicking in response to the "bang". I

especially like firing the Kalashnikov in game now with the

new sounds. I even find myself recklessly "spraying and

praying" now just to enjoy the firing sounds!

Unfortunately, I'm still not able to test my M4 and AK47 modification in game. I’ll get to work on more sounds when I can edit in SONAR and convert it back to WSS, but right now it's not looking good (an update in the thread link I posted above).

*EDIT* Problem solved. I'm in buisness.....

Yes, I only reduced the v0, therefore is is way to cheap. I've got v0.12 ready, will upload this version. Still beta, so if you like to test, fire up the editor, place your player and some targets (soft only, need someone with expertise in armor values and rocket strength) and test all individual and vehicular weapon systems for all sides (or use some weapon crate with all weapons and place every vehicle as empty on the map).

Need input on how to modify the strength to be realistic. I can only take wild guesses, since I am just a firearms expert.

Even in version 0.12 the silenced weapons are way too weak.

Sometimes even 10-15 shots are not enough to kill a single soldier.

Could you please make them more powerful.

And could you please release an sounds only mod. I mean without changing values in the config?

I second what Kroky Said suppressed weapons are still weak, but much better than your first tweak. And ya it be great to just have the sounds until we get all the wps configs figured out.

It would be nice if config will be only optional. Some guys needs only new sounds without new configuration.

Happy NEW YEAR xmas_o.gif

It would be nice if config will be only optional. Some guys needs only new sounds without new configuration.

Happy NEW YEAR xmas_o.gif

Yes, it would be nice to have sounds now and the rest later if possible. tounge2.gif

Great work Predator & rg7621 and happy new year to all. smile_o.gif

Yes, the installation is a bit confusing, but maybe this will be solved later.

For now, I am working on the configs. But half the values are unknown and not listed anywhere. More like guessing what is used for what.

Irritating is the reloadtime, which actually defines the rate of fire. First game with that approach.

Since the sounds will be re-done by rg, I have some time on my hand to split the sound mod and config mod.

Stay tuned.

Maybe rg will release his re-worked sound soon because it seems he managed to resolve his convertion problem.

Btw, i do not think installation is a real problem for the moment because it's only beta-test. But for the final version, an easier installation should be necessary.

Well, he is reworking my sounds (which are not final in some cases).

There are several things to do, some of the sounds have to be re-edited, because the echo is too loud now.

Could anyone explain the way firing frequencies are handled?

I don't know exactly how they are calculated. Reloadtime (for each shot in (semi)automatic modes and in some cases the number of rounds each burst multiplied by a factor.

The bursts for small arms are handles with ffcount and the rate of fire with fffrequency

why oh-why do we have to use the worst way to give proper firing rates? (easiest would be to use shots/second not shots/fractal of a second?!wink_o.gif

That way it is quite difficult to create realistic values...

Could anyone explain the way firing frequencies are handled?

If it still uses the old OFP scheme then "reloadTime"

determines the cyclic rate of fire. To quickly convert

a "rounds per minute" value into the "reloadTime" value

you can use the following formula:

60/[rounds per minute] = [reloadTime value]

eg. For a weapon that has a cyclic rate of 800 rounds

per minute:

60/800 = 0.075

therefore;

reloadTime=0.07500

Well,i could give you some sounds i have made for ofp.Some are real thing's(including some real vehicle sounds,like m113,m60,5ton truck),some are just good sounding ones.If you like to try them,just post upload link.

Uploaded version 0.13.

Still with modified config. I was busy trying to play ArmA but the server crashed non-stop...so I was upset.

First bug:

MP5 (SD6 and A5) burst mode sound is too low or buggy, I don't know, same problem for 2A42 cannon for bmp-2 and ka-50 on high fire rate (only high), and same bug for m134, as you changed fire rate, i guess it's bugging between sound and fire rate.

M240 sound is good, maybe just misses what call rg7621 the sharp attack (I hope you understand).

Last question: Have you got news about rg7621's sounds?

This is my first feedback on this new version, but i am still testing.

Yes, there are some missing sounds, I still have to work on.

The M4 series already have the enhanced sounds. Same for AKs.

Will check the M134 though, my test was successful, maybe something went wrong there.