Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Not yet, forgot to ask him. Only talked to his g/f lately.

I hope I can start my work on the new version soon.

In the meantime, I modify my mission to show off the sounds and changes.

I am still in need of a sqf scripter. Anyone?

Yours are definitely not more realistic. There's some realism issues with Predators, but his are the far more realistic sounds. Before bashing his work, please take into account other's opinions and testimony.

As somebody who spent a good while firing C7A1s, I can tell you Predator's sound far more like gunshots than yours do. Plus yours sound like they were recorded in an echo chamber.

what the hell are you smoking Dr. Mojo, PhD ?

Heres some sounds I've edited.. Just convert to WSS if you wanna try them.. wink_o.gif

Weapon_sounds_download

sweet jesus they are incredible! did you make them from recordings? seriously these are the nest sounds i've ever heard!!!!

do u mind if i use some for my soundpack?

Heres some sounds I've edited.. Just convert to WSS if you wanna try them.. wink_o.gif

Weapon_sounds_download

sweet jesus they are incredible! did you make them from recordings? seriously these are the nest sounds i've ever heard!!!!

do u mind if i use some for my soundpack?

Thx, ofcourse you can.. I dont mind at all.. I'm mixin sound sources that I've had on my comp for a long time...

Your weapons sound pretty good anders, but my only complaint would be the echo in them. Firing an M16 inside a building would not sound like the M16 firing sound you have now. It's better to keep the sounds "pure", without any sort of effects, and let the engine handle the post-process effects, otherwise things get strange.

Your weapons sound pretty good anders, but my only complaint would be the echo in them. Firing an M16 inside a building would not sound like the M16 firing sound you have now. It's better to keep the sounds "pure", without any sort of effects, and let the engine handle the post-process effects, otherwise things get strange.

agreed. i still used the silenced shoot and the m249, though. the rest arn't sharp enough for gunshots. after testing the m249 i am reverting back to mine - the echo is too much and the shot itself hasen't got enough sharpness to it. the silenced shots are definate keeps though. cheers.

But its an "outside" game smile_o.gif

Anyways, I've updated with the SPR and M24 sounds...

weapon_sounds_updated

It is an outside game primarily, but there are times when you are inside or in a vehicle, which are going to produce different sounds. It's much more difficult to hear an echo in a truck's cab, for example, as the glass panes will muffle each successive echo. Different terrain, such as hilly, valley, tree, or plains will also have different acoustics to them, which makes having a certain kind of echo inappropriate. It's just a matter of trimming off the echo at the end and then fading for a nice transition.

And Novusordo, I'm not smoking anything. I've fired tons of guns in my life and to my ear, Predator's sounds are the best, except for some issues (which I've discussed with him).

PM  me if you need sounds I spent _150_ on PCM sounds  a while back for a CGI film I wana make forgot how many I have theirs  guns  bradleys and jets. fly past, fly towards and fly away sounds, reload sounds for pistols. many everyday sounds they sound very real and recorded at the highest quality. 20 Cds  worth so cant offer a download of all of them will have to email one at a time.

Does anyone know if zipping wave sounds degrades the sound quality their 48Khz sounds some are around 20MB Need to upload them to predator.

Don't think so...

At least I hope the quality remains the same.

Anyway, for ArmA the sounds must be converted to wss format in 44khz. I will check if there is drop in quality in-game.

About to email you the APC sound files zipped its 17Mb I've made folders for various other sounds when you need them. Still alot more to find on the discs. Most of the sounds start with engine start up rev drive away , drive past  stop  so their longer than you need them. Jet sounds come towards  fly past fly away.

various helicopter sounds

F-18

F16

F15

blackbird

P-51

Vaught Corsair

Truck sounds

Guns

Explosions

APC start up rev drve away.

Foot steps on various material

Weather

Motor Bikes various engine sizes

various car makes engine sounds.

I can only say ur sound replacement is awesome! xmas_o.gif

But why u slow the assault rifles down m4/ak74? banghead.gif

when i try to aim with the ak74 or m4 thats So as i became aiming with the M240/PK

beascue that problem I became killed so many times crazy_o.gif

i hope u fix it in ur next great v0.15 wink_o.gif

Seems you've just discovered the new ironsight (I guess)...or fade or something else...

Don't think so...

At least I hope the quality remains the same.

Anyway, for ArmA the sounds must be converted to wss format in 44khz. I will check if there is drop in quality in-game.

i always save them as PCM 48hz 16-bit mono. they work fine in game, or so it seems. any clarification?

About to email you the APC sound files zipped its 17Mb I've made folders for various other sounds when you need them. Still alot more to find on the discs. Most of the sounds start with engine start up rev drive away , drive past stop so their longer than you need them. Jet sounds come towards fly past fly away.

various helicopter sounds

F-18

F16

F15

blackbird

P-51

Vaught Corsair

Truck sounds

Guns

Explosions

APC start up rev drve away.

Foot steps on various material

Weather

Motor Bikes various engine sizes

various car makes engine sounds.

thanks i recieved them. incredible! i'm putting them to use right now.

hey pack them up and upload them. sign up here - http://www.4shared.com/

u get 1gb free to upload the sounds.

Eagerly awaiting your next version in .pbo format! (i've held off so its easier to stick in a modfolder as it can get my kicked from servers or so i hear..)

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm having trouble downloading your mod. It takes me to a page with a bunch of banners and stuff but it doesn't do anything. If I right click and save link as, the file it gives me is broken (way too small). I've tried in both IE and firefox. Can anyone give me any advise or confirm the downloads are working?

edit: I managed to find a mirror of the latest version in the middle of the thread. The original links are still broken for me, though, unfortunately.

Yes, took down the files, because they are not for 1.05.

I will start my work on the new version today...so stay tuned.