Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Thanks, but I am not too sure if it is 100% correct.

I am no professional, so if I made a mistake, sorry for the confusion.

After the next version (v0.155) I try to concentrate on vehicles. Turrent sounds, engines and such things.

Anyone got a HMMWV at home / work ? Or a UAZ, Landrover, Coyota biggrin_o.gif

Hi Predator.

That explanation does make sense to me at least. It seems detailed but put across in a way that I understood.

Just imagine what arma would be like with your sound mod and in full stereo. Its a shame we only have mono really but nevermind.

Looking forward to the next version!!

Keep up the good work,

Thanks, Steven.

ps.. the links to the g36 and the other sounds with added bass arent workng for me but i cant tell you why becase the message is in german.

Does anybody own a inflatable rubber boat?

I really hate the watersplashing sound. I live close to the baltic sea but I don't have the appropriate equipment.

I ran some tests for the supersonic crack...Well, I can't do much about that.

Enhanced most sounds, stay tuned for an awesome preview made by one of the ArmA video gurus.

From my boating experience the BIS water splash sound is quite accurate.

Well Predator, I had to log in just to say that you did a great job on the sound pack, in fact, I prefer it over FDF's. I can't vouch for authenticity, but everything sounds in order.

By the way, do M4's really make that "pop" sound?

It's not about authenticity, I was sailing alot some time back, but it's the effect itself.

I don't know if a Zodiac rubber boat is much different to those of lifesavers here at the "beach", but they have not this hard splash noise, it's softer and not that loud (all the time).

I was trying to execute a covert beach assault...Well, pretty spooky without the splashing when you turn off the engine (there shouldn't be a correlation between speed and the engine status).

I'd prefer a softer sound so you hear the surroundings better.

I could reduce the volume of the splashing, though...

The M4...why yes, I thought there was such popping sound last time I heard them on the range, single auto only... "YUCK!"

I wish the german gun laws would allow for fully automatic firearms & suppressors & lam units... But as long as I can weild my OHWS, I don't bother biggrin_o.gif

If anyone with experience in Zodiac CRRCs could verify the sound or point me to a better source, you're welcome.gif

Well here's a little preview of the sounds in action.

Nice one, watching that, is like those YouTube videos the sounds are from biggrin_o.gif

Like watching CNN's combat footage.

good stuff... can't wait....

how much of that was ambient sounds?

me like it! smile_o.gif

It's really impressive..

a combination with ARMA fixes and these sounds the Game it self will change for better!

keep up the good work, can't wait to use this extra.

chammy i really like that sounds in video ...

I wish my AI soldiers would shoot like that, always sounds quite silly when they fire bursts or single auto in rapid succession on distant targets.

Wow..just wow. Is the radio chatter random?

I wish my AI soldiers would shoot like that, always sounds quite silly when they fire bursts or single auto in rapid succession on distant targets.

Heya Mate,

You can edit the values for those things, listed below is my Experimental Config, NO Guarantee whatsoever that it's better, or more realistic, or whatsoever, just to show you:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#define SIX_EngRange_Pistol minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 30;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 50;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 0.5;aiRateOfFireDistance = 50;

#define SIX_EngRange_Rifle minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 150;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 300;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 0.75;aiRateOfFireDistance = 200;

#define SIX_EngRange_RifleB minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 50;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 100;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 1.2;aiRateOfFireDistance = 75;

#define SIX_EngRange_RifleA minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 25;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 50;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 0.5;aiRateOfFireDistance = 40;

#define SIX_EngRange_RifleScope minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 250;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 500;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 0.75;aiRateOfFireDistance = 300;

#define SIX_EngRange_RifleScopeB minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 50;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 100;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 1.2;aiRateOfFireDistance = 75;

#define SIX_EngRange_RifleScopeA minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 25;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 50;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 0.5;aiRateOfFireDistance = 40;

#define SIX_EngRange_LMG minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 300;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 600;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 0.6;aiRateOfFireDistance = 450;

#define SIX_EngRange_LMGB minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 250;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 500;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 1.2;aiRateOfFireDistance = 350;

#define SIX_EngRange_LMGA minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 150;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 300;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 0.4;aiRateOfFireDistance = 250;

#define SIX_EngRange_MMG minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 350;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 700;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 0.3;aiRateOfFireDistance = 500;

#define SIX_EngRange_Sniper minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 600;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 1100;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 12;aiRateOfFireDistance = 900;

#define SIX_EngRange_SniperExtr minRange = 0.1;minRangeProbab = 0.1; midRange = 700;midRangeProbab = 0.8; maxRange = 1400;maxRangeProbab = 0.1; aiRateOfFire = 15;aiRateOfFireDistance = 1100;

I used a define system but you can aswell just add these data to the configs individually..

If you want to use the defines, make sure you dont have any of the listed values set in the weapon class, then simply add a line: SIX_EngRange_Pistol

for using pistol engagement ranges, etc. etc.

For some examples on the implementation of Engagement ranges settings etc, please refer to the Weapons.pbo config.bin

I know how to handle that for the config mod, but vanilla ArmA with Super Dumb AI turned On can't fight.

They run like headless chicken and stand for some time in the line of fire before they decide to engage the enemy. Too late, though.

They stand up under heavy fire, shoot their guns on the run in every direction but the enemy, they shoot 3 bursts immediately with no pause whatsoever.

I'd like to record a preview I don't have to stage. I want the AI to fight like trained soldiers, not zombies. I even saw two foes running at each other but no one even cared to shoot the other guy...Until some machinegunner dropped them both.

The sounds do not match the arificial incompetence (AI), so it sounds rather silly.

And somehow I hear sonic cracks even through buildings (being fired upon?). Something is wrong in South Sarahni...

I am currently pretty much upset with this game, not even the simplest thing could be done the easy way...No, not with ArmA.

It indeed seems ur upset with ArmA. Though I think those frustrations should be addressed in the ArmA Disappointing thread and possibly the bug-tracker/feature requester etc smile_o.gif

Didn't know you were familiar with the info, good that you are mate smile_o.gif

look very good,

but i've got a problem with the mod, when i use this mod, the 6thsense mod isn't working. so what i mean is that when i place the line the shortcut of ARMA (behind the 6thsense mod), the sound works in ArmA, but the 6thsense mod is not working at that moment, it works when i remove the line out of the shortcut line.

(ver. 1.5)

Predator, your mod is amazing. But I can't get it to work with 1.07 (I have the Sprocket release). Here's what my exe looks like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;ModWarSound

It launches 1.07 fine, but there aren't any new sounds. Any ideas?

make it look like this arma\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta -mod=ModWarSound

Predator, I just tried your ModWar mod and I think it is excellent, I love the sounds and I admire your efforts to improve ARMA's realism, however I think you should reconsider your removal of the 'magic zoom'.

I dont know the precise distance of the shooter's eye to the weapon sights in the ideal firing stance for M16/AK74, but I am sure my own position would be something like this:

http://www.frontsight.com/Images/GreatestHits/4DSelectFireM16.gif

At present in your mod the sights are just too far from the eye to be useful (particularly the AK74). By all means remove the zoom movement itself (which I agree is unrealistic), but I think the default sight picture should be the 'zoomed in one', rather than the 'zoomed out one' (if that makes sense).

Similarly with the commander's optics in the M1A1 it is now virtually impossible to spot movement out to 200metres+; I have no idea whether this sight is zoomable IRL (I would assume it is), but even if it isnt, some form of compensation is certainly needed for the comparatively lower resolution of computer games to real life 'seeing'.

Just some thoughts, personally I am unable to play using your (otherwise fantastic) mod due to the zoom issue and I hope you might have a rethink.

Cheers

Mandrake

PS - Do the Russian grenades explode on impact IRL?

Why thank you.

I did not change the FOV. This was BIS and I am glad they did that, so I don't have to run away from the angry mob whistle.gif

Seriously, the current release 0.154 is Sound-Only, so nothing was changed but the sounds.

If you are talking about my config mod for 1.04: Out dated, but the FOV will be re-introduced (if BIS should change it back) in the upcoming config mod.

make it look like this arma\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta -mod=ModWarSound

Trying that now. Thanks. biggrin_o.gif

Chammy, sounds great.

Have you thought of replacing the annoying "beep beep" used for the radio? something more realistic for a keyed mike?

Chammy, sounds great.

Have you thought of replacing the annoying "beep beep" used for the radio?  something more realistic for a keyed mike?

Yup, I did it with one in a few of the voices, you will notice in the little video I posted right in the beginning and some placees after that, its just in the voices there are so many, but it woundt be hard, i did it with a couple just to experiment.