Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

1.05. Be happy you have it.

If BIS said last year that they were prolonging the game till May 2007, many people would have gone insane. Frankly we should all be greatful they released the game when they did. The community reports errors, BIS fixes them. From 1.02 to 1.05, 500+ fixes... in a very short time. The constructive criticism helps BIS fix more, faster.

If (like the huge amount of members that joined in Feb. 2007) your complaining.. you have no right.

I hate how everyone is shooting the patch down, non-the-less the game and how 'unfinished' it is. They are working hard, and the community is helping.. but what is not helping is the large number of people who continue to bash the game right after its 400mb+ patch. It would take EA 7 months to do that.

Lesson one in business is not to listen to your customers regarding dates. Companies that succeed don't care much about when their customers want their product to be released.

If your telling me BIS didn't delayed because it feared the customers, lol wtf kind of sick joke is that. That would be the lamest reasons.

When Valve delays, there are thousands of people complaining about delay. Yet when they release, those people buy it anway and are happy with it.

Sometimes, delaying is a necessary thing. Its much more harder to fix the game through patches now.

No, I rather be told the game is not finished and needs to be delayed. Where's the lie in that?

Your telling everybody here the game is what you expect a finished product to be?

If you trully expect and desire all the major bugs, BIS shouldn't even make a patch at all for pople like you.

Luciano I'm getting real sick of your negative attitude, you've made your point, everyone knows your stance on the games release, move on or you will find your self not welcomed.

Luciano I'm getting real sick of your negative attitude, you've made your point, everyone knows your stance on the games release, move on or you will find your self not welcomed.

lol I think you struck a nerve

or mabey its the endless wtf is this crap post, never seen so many in my life yay.gif

If BIS said last year that they were prolonging the game till May 2007, many people would have gone insane. Frankly we should all be greatful they released the game when they did. The community reports errors, BIS fixes them. From 1.02 to 1.05, 500+ fixes... in a very short time. The constructive criticism helps BIS fix more, faster.

If (like the huge amount of members that joined in Feb. 2007) your complaining.. you have no right.

I hate how everyone is shooting the patch down, non-the-less the game and how 'unfinished' it is. They are working hard, and the community is helping.. but what is not helping is the large number of people who continue to bash the game right after its 400mb+ patch. It would take EA 7 months to do that.

(Almost) All very true, but why should a consumer roll over because they are working hard to fix something that is semi-broke when purchased?

I would say anyone with game not functioning (they are way to many to be simple user fault) is entitled to complain, no matter how long they have been members.

Oh, and the community doesnt get any money for fixing the game, or am I wrong?

Everyone is entitled to complain. Use the complaint thread.

Lesson one in business is not to listen to your customers regarding dates. Companies that succeed don't care much about when their customers want their product to be released.

If your telling me BIS didn't delayed because it feared the customers, lol wtf kind of sick joke is that.  That would be the lamest reasons.  

When Valve delays, there are thousands of people complaining about delay.  Yet when they release, those people buy it anway and are happy with it.  

Sometimes, delaying is a necessary thing.  Its much more harder to fix the game through patches now.

Oh you mean like Playstation 3? icon_rolleyes.gif

This kind of attitude is quite normal in working places.

The people who complete their jobs before deadlines and do not make mistakes, are not noticed or appreciated. If you want to get respect, you make mistakes and bad work and then fix it by making a lot of overwork and show some personal sacrifice.

Since this game is published on beta level, I don't see any reason to praise the sizes of patches. Especially when they make things worse.

The only reason why people accept this at all is that there is no competition in realistic FPS war simulation gaming. They have to stick with ArmA or start to learn jump-dodging of bullets in BF/CS world.

The people who complete their jobs before deadlines and do not make mistakes, are not noticed or appreciated. If you want to get respect, you make mistakes and bad work and then fix it by making a lot of overwork and show some personal sacrifice.

Since this game is published on beta level, I don't see any reason to praise the sizes of patches. Especially when they make things worse.

The only reason why people accept this at all is that there is no competition in realistic FPS war simulation gaming. They have to stick with ArmA or start to learn jump-dodging of bullets in BF/CS world.

notworthy.gif

1.Since this game is published on beta level, I don't see any reason to praise the sizes of patches. Especially when they make things worse.

2.The only reason why people accept this at all is that there is no competition in realistic FPS war simulation gaming. They have to stick with ArmA or start to learn jump-dodging of bullets in BF/CS world.

1.Relative to what exactly? Relative to Tetris? Yes. To Battlefield? To some degree. To any other game in the genre? Can't be answered... basically, you made a point without realistic premise is what I am trying to demonstrate. It's like trying to compare Apple's with Orange's. Although, I would say this is a subjective issue.

2.Agreed

1.Since this game is published on beta level, I don't see any reason to praise the sizes of patches. Especially when they make things worse.

2.The only reason why people accept this at all is that there is no competition in realistic FPS war simulation gaming. They have to stick with ArmA or start to learn jump-dodging of bullets in BF/CS world.

1.Relative to what exactly? Relative to Tetris? Yes. To Battlefield? To some degree. To any other game in the genre? Can't be answered... basically, you made a point without realistic premise is what I am trying to demonstrate. It's like trying to compare Apple's with Orange's.

2.Agreed

Well this game is still on beta level due the huge amount of bugs and the apparent lack of testing before publishing. In a normal case the serious bugs has been found and fixed in the software before it is published. Being on beta or release level is not a matter of comparison to another software. Software is normally on the release level when the serious bugs has been found through beta testing and fixed and also the number of bugs has been reduced to the acceptable level.

At the moment the software quality and the enormous amount of bugs makes the game almost unplayable. This game is not on beta level if this is the quality standard of BIS release policy. In that case I wonder if BIS has any kind of official quality certificate.

Ill start by saying hello to everyone.

Ive been reading posts on the forum for weeks now but never joined.

As i did not have the game so had nothing to say about it............ but now ive purchased it.

I dont understand why anyone would be happy in getting something even early if its not finished.

If you got a Film and the end was missing or a album with skipping tracks wouldent you complain.

Well its no different here.

Im not saying that i dont like the game or i would not have got it.

Even after all the reports about how bad it played and the bugs that where there for a lot of ppl.

I played Ofp when it first came out but then put it away as it was unplayable for me at that time.... Just started it (wicked Game smile_o.gif ).

Anyway i myself feel that the publishers play a part as with any media as to when things are released to there customers.

I too have problems with this game but after reading a lot of stuff on here there nothing that has not already been talked about.

But if i find something i will tell the world smile_o.gif well this forum .... well anyone that will read it smile_o.gif

But Im not going to get into it now.

Only to say that I agree with stabiz in part.

And say that the world would be a sad place if everyone just rolled over and said nothing.

1.Relative to what exactly? Relative to Tetris? Yes. To Battlefield? To some degree. To any other game in the genre? Can't be answered... basically, you made a point without realistic premise is what I am trying to demonstrate. It's like trying to compare Apple's with Orange's. Although, I would say this is a subjective issue.

2.Agreed

1.Relative to the other games released by professional game companies that work when you put them in the DVD drive.

However, I think waiting to release would be a mistake, the industry moves that fast you need to release while your still current to catch the passing masses. Fanbois playing for a couple of years don't bring the money.

On the other side of the coin there is a need to release a working product. Getting the balance is difficult. release a crap version early and bomb due to a bad reputation or later and risk the engine being out of date or even worse a competitor beats you to it.

Unfortunately BIS has missed the ideal point. It's wallowing as a multiplayer game so far the numbers are too low. With a bit of luck it'll be working by the time it hits the US. Although that isn't much use to the European mulitplayer community.

U should really give BIS a break here. As I understand this game is they're first release that they have done by themseleves, without big support,like CODEMASTERS. Company's like EA and Valve are HUGE companies, with ten times the ppl that BIS have, thus ten times the more manpower to crush bugs and so forth. Im not saying that the game is perfect, but what do u expect from a small company?huh.gif I KNOW that ppl at BIS

have put they're heart and soul in to this game, and It's really UNFAIR that ppl bash them, without really even THINKING twice.

@Armalite666

This is sort of a chicken and egg, thing, isn't it? If major publishers were hot to jump on board this kind of game and BIS got all kinds of funding, then it probably would have been more complete at the time it was published, and it also would have more competition. Unfortunately this is not the case, and I'm not sure you can compare this situation to your hypothetical one.

not meaning to stir things up, but im not really sure whats wrong with 1.05 ??

i see threads about all sorts of 1.05 complaints, but i dont know what the issue is.

1.05 has been fine for me, the game runs a noticable bit faster and all the things on the change log seem to be working as stated.

sounds like im brown nosing, but its true ;-/ downloaded it, installed it, carried on playing. The forum will be full of the people having problems, but its not everyone.

@ Victor:

Quote[/b] ]If (like the huge amount of members that joined in Feb. 2007) your complaining.. you have no right.

Stop advising others what they have to expect for their money, it is theirs, not yours, go to a communist country if you like this approach.

To your comments regarding the release date:

I guess BI is aware of the poor condition, their fault from my point of view was to SELL it to early. If they would have released the previous versions as DEMO, nobody would have the right to claim, but we paid, and now we have.

I do not know the business model and how much it would be harmed by a 6 month delay of first revenue according to my suggestion, but the damage (BI language dammage) they made know to their product reputation could eat all the win of the early release.

And I am sure that the community would have been happy to be the tester for BI, but the fact that we have to pay for it...

@Armalite666

This is sort of a chicken and egg, thing, isn't it?  If major publishers were hot to jump on board this kind of game and BIS got all kinds of funding, then it probably would have been more complete at the time it was published, and it also would have more competition.  Unfortunately this is not the case, and I'm not sure you can compare this situation to your hypothetical one.

Yep I assume the point is different for every game and every company.

factors include publishers, customers, competitors, resources and loads of others I haven't thought of.

The compromise may have been a miffed customer base at first or not releasing it.

However, I reserve anyones right to complain if they have parted with cash to own it. Being an OFP fan for a long time (includes me) doesn't give you an automatic right to over ride everyones opinions.

I mean one guy was on here going 'great game' and he didn't even own a copy?huh.gif?huh.gif???

Quote[/b] ]not meaning to stir things up, but im not really sure whats wrong with 1.05 ??

Not so much something wrong with 1.05, but it doesn't fix the issues I had with the game version 1.04.  It's still totally unplayable for me.  Basically anyone who has built a new machine (with an 8800 and/or dual core) isn't really able to run the game  confused_o.gif

"nobody would have the right to claim, but we paid, and now we have."

I can't really see the problem.

We have the game NOW, we have PAID for it ALREADY, and we ARE getting FREE patches.

I&C would rather wait for another year, and maybe having to pay some more money for it, noticing STILL some bugs that the few beta testers didn't, waiting for patches...?

It's not like we have bought something broken, and have to pay for repairs.

We have bought still a bit raw diamond, that is being cut and polished all the time closer to what we like and what we want.

And still this is early days, the addons and mods will make this diamond even brighter.

I have got my money's worth.

Yes of course there are few bugs, but I bet BIS already know about them and repairs are on the way.

These pathological whiners really need something new in their lifes.

Yet another "OH MY GOD ARMA IS NOT PERFECT" thread. Can a moderator maybe just close or move this?

I think really all possible views from "BI lover" to "customer from hell" have been exchanged.

Yes, I am selfish but I don't want to see interesting threads being pushed down just because another bozo opened the next complaints thread. Either you submit error reports or bugs with facts and reasonably skilled testing procedures being done or you are allowed to remain silent and wait for the next patch.

Cheers,

Victor

Yet another "OH MY GOD ARMA IS NOT PERFECT" thread. Can a moderator maybe just close or move this?

I think really all possible views from "BI lover" to "customer from hell" have been exchanged.

Yes, I am selfish but I don't want to see interesting threads being pushed down just because another bozo opened the next complaints thread. Either you submit error reports or bugs with facts and reasonably skilled testing procedures being done or you are allowed to remain silent and wait for the next patch.

Cheers,

Victor

100% Agreed on this. Maybe this post should be sent to Shadow, Raedor or any of the other mods, "Ask A Mod Thread" etc?.

Altough if it would only be all in 1 thread, I wouldnt mind if they wish to continue ranting smile_o.gif