Sign in to follow this  
Overdosed

Next patch - when?

I really hope we get next patch soon, i think there are two things that are a game killer: performance drop from 1.04 to 1.05 and that "no head shot" thing. That shouldnt take too long to fix, right? So when can we expect 1.06? Otherwise, thanks bohemia for this SUPERB game.

How is the "no headshot thing" a "game killer"!? The target

still falls when hit. It's just that the tomato ketchup stains

are on the body instead of the head.

Apologies for posting this in many threads, but I have no other choice.The thread will be deleted ASAP by the "admin" and this gives more people the chance to read it. That brings me onto my first point.

1)The admin rules for this forum were setup by a Communist Dictator. There is no room for free speech anywhere. You say something that doesn't help Beta test VBS2 (Sorry ArmA), your Out, banned, bye bye , thread is locked down. These rules are also made worse because they are enforced by a group of 12 year old Hitler Youth who can't hold a conversation together.

2)"You didn't buy anything, you invested. Remember, this is an investment people" I'm sorry, did I miss that? Was it printed on the box somewhere? 3 words, WHAT-THE-FUCK. If you believe that, you have some kind of mental disorder. Serious. I work with people who have mental disorders.

I go to McDonalds, "Cheese Burger and Fries please" I ask politely. "Certainly Sir, Here you are" He places some potatoes, a live cow and some flower on my tray. "WHAT THE FUCK" I say. "Well you have to invest in it. You know, cook it, milk the cow, need the dough yourself. Its an investment" He says. "Fuck You!" I say.

Get my point? Why do people think it is acceptable that BI have served us up this plate of Uncooked bullshit?

The game has THE largest amount of bugs and shitty code I have ever seen and I have been PC Gaming since Wolfenstein 3D. One good thing that comes of this. At least I know it can never get any worse than this.

3)This game only seems to run on piece of shit computers. If you have a quad core, 4 gb, 2 x SLI GFX 8800GTX Cards etc like i do, you have no chance of running it. BI must be in real financial shit if they can't afford to test it on new technology or something apart from their own machines that they write the "CODE" on (I use that word very lightly).

4)Bohemia, if your listening. If you can't produce the goods, don't bother. You people obviously haven't got what it takes to make it in the industry. Only 2 games in 5 years and you still can't produce the goods. Ohhh no sorry wait, you have VBS 1+2 which you get users of OFP and ArmA to beta test for the US Army. You are a bunch of Eastern Block conmen. Please don't try to take PC Gamers for fools (I know there are a lot of fools on this site who you like to have lick your ring pieces) But i for one am not one of them.

There is tons more I could say but I don't want to over do it. The average user of this forum probably lost me after the word "choice" on line 1 of my rant.

I guess that's it from me. In a few moments my account will be disabled, I will be draged away and shot by Stalins henchmen and all trace of me will be removed forever.

Viva La Revolution!!!!!!!

WTF are you talking abaut? This game is BY FAR the best FPS i ever played. Well im a realism freak.

What bugs made you so angry?

Oh and by the way, i didnt mean "game killer" literally, those two bugs are nothing, zero, none compared to bugs i have in other games. When i said game killer it was sarcasm. Sure the bugs are anoying, but far from preventing me to play it anyway. OMG its 0:35 at night here and im going back to Arma MP...se ya. yay.gifgoodnight.gif

Apologies for posting this in many threads, but I have no other choice.The thread will be deleted ASAP by the "admin" and this gives more people the chance to read it. That brings me onto my first point.

1)The admin rules for this forum were setup by a Communist Dictator. There is no room for free speech anywhere. You say something that doesn't help Beta test VBS2 (Sorry ArmA), your Out, banned, bye bye , thread is locked down. These rules are also made worse because they are enforced by a group of 12 year old Hitler Youth who can't hold a conversation together.

2)"You didn't buy anything, you invested. Remember, this is an investment people" I'm sorry, did I miss that? Was it printed on the box somewhere? 3 words, WHAT-THE-FUCK. If you believe that, you have some kind of mental disorder. Serious. I work with people who have mental disorders.

I go to McDonalds, "Cheese Burger and Fries please" I ask politely. "Certainly Sir, Here you are" He places some potatoes, a live cow and some flower on my tray. "WHAT THE FUCK" I say. "Well you have to invest in it. You know, cook it, milk the cow, need the dough yourself. Its an investment" He says. "Fuck You!" I say.

Get my point? Why do people think it is acceptable that BI have served us up this plate of Uncooked bullshit?

The game has THE largest amount of bugs and shitty code I have ever seen and I have been PC Gaming since Wolfenstein 3D. One good thing that comes of this. At least I know it can never get any worse than this.

3)This game only seems to run on piece of shit computers. If you have a quad core, 4 gb, 2 x SLI GFX 8800GTX Cards etc like i do, you have no chance of running it. BI must be in real financial shit if they can't afford to test it on new technology or something apart from their own machines that they write the "CODE" on (I use that word very lightly).

4)Bohemia, if your listening. If you can't produce the goods, don't bother. You people obviously haven't got what it takes to make it in the industry. Only 2 games in 5 years and you still can't produce the goods. Ohhh no sorry wait, you have VBS 1+2 which you get users of OFP and ArmA to beta test for the US Army. You are a bunch of Eastern Block conmen. Please don't try to take PC Gamers for fools (I know there are a lot of fools on this site who you like to have lick your ring pieces) But i for one am not one of them.

There is tons more I could say but I don't want to over do it. The average user of this forum probably lost me after the word "choice" on line 1 of my rant.

I guess that's it from me. In a few moments my account will be disabled, I will be draged away and shot by Stalins henchmen and all trace of me will be removed forever.

Viva La Revolution!!!!!!!

PC games are serious bussiness angel.......

1. MOD get your ass in here and delete this thread. banghead.gif

2. STFU, it's done when its done.

3. Ban Ange1-0f-De4th.

4. Don't like the game?! LEAVE.

5. When 1.06 comes out, all yall will do is moan about 1.07.

6. This forum used to be mature.... Leave us, just leave...

Victor - OUT

goodnight.gif

Read AGAIN, god damnit. banghead.gif I LOVE the game, dude came here and posted negative thread. All i was asking is when can we expect next patc thats all. Cool down and read again.

Sorry. I misread that. I take that back dude.

But I still say ban Ange1-0f-De4th.

edit: There is no official word. Look at the time difference from 1.04 to 1.05, or more importantly: 1.02 to 1.05. Find the dates and compare them. Then you know how fast BIS can work, but don't take that too seriously. With the 500+ fixes from 1.02 to 1.05, they are really working hard.

yes lets just ban everyone who is unhappy, if anything he should be given a 48 hr banned and a WL to cool down. Sounds like he said his peace and i dont think hell be back on but crap im not happy today either the store was all out of Kool-Aid. wink_o.gif

Go play another game. What's the point of this thread? You're airing your personal opinion, not serious game bugs so this really is pointless.

Not only that, but you're DEMANDING a patch, not even a week after this latest BIG patch is released, I mean wtf?

Go pester mummy for an Action Man or something, because that's just what sort of person you're coming across as with that stupid post

Well, the topic-title might seem a bit demanding, but the rest of the opening post is just an inquiry about when to expect the next patch, and what will most likely be fixed in it.

i think Bis works alot faster than EA games for an example... tounge2.gif they just totally pwn at releasing buggy games and then they take forever to make patches sometimes and they make 2-3 patches and go on to make the next expansion pack for he sims 2 or another need for speed game that could have been a expansion pack.. or the battlefield series... thats just messed up.. crazy_o.gif

Probably will coincide with the North American release date.

I think Angel-Of-Death needs a hug. Or a nap. Definitely needs a reality check though, I suggest he asks one of his mentally disordered workpals smile_o.gif

Armed Assault is a terrific achievement, Operation Flashpoint with Oblivion graphics, wow. I'm amazed at the view distance and object density compared to OFP each time I play.

On topic, I guess the usual answer will be - when it's ready, as always. The headshot thing is annoying but it's not a gamekiller, and I see no performance penalty so I guess that means that only a subset of players see one. That no doubt is being looked at.

The patch has been out for 4 days now and people are asking when the next one will be ready ? goodnight.gif

I´m ignoring the stupid nonsense from Angel of whatever btw.

He will be dealt with.

Angel-Of-Death needs to listen to Slayer and smoke a fatty im sure things will get fixed ASAP im sure there working on the problems allready they can't work wonders

remember OFP this will be more of the same work in progress biggrin_o.gif

ArmA still hands down the BEST WAR SIM notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sorry. I misread that. I take that back dude.

But I still say ban Ange1-0f-De4th.

That would only make his words true.

No EA game is this buggy, you must admit it.

Who cares about the patch anyway. The question is when can they fix the important issues and get this game lifted from its fall of doom.

I don't care about pacthes anymore, If gameplay is not fixed by the American release, I'm giving up on this game forever.

There are too many kiddies (or older people acting like kiddies) with the 'I want it now' syndrome who won't look around for the info (or in this case the situation, as a patch was JUST delivered).  I can see why mods shut down such a tangled mess of spasmatic confusion.   They don't want the forums to become a jungle.  Chill out and pay attention, NO company has the ability to personally respond to every single inquiry, demand, or rant.  And it's possible they don't WANT to right now, seeing the range of affects 1.05 is perpetuating on different systems.  Know what you are doing before continuing. (the vast majority of this is to Angel of death, ban the whole damn IP range)

No EA game is this buggy, you must admit it.

Not played many EA games, have you?

The BF series, especially, is just as bug ridden as ArmA, and their patches tend to either introduce more bugs, or break things that worked previously. Plus, with an EA game, you are likely to get 2 - 3 patches tops, then they will have moved on to the next version or the next franchise.

Angel of Death- realise how complex the game design is before making criticisms. Solving one problem may lead to another and the dynamic nature of this game can explain what I mean.

How many "similar" games like this have you seen? I can only put forward Operation Flashpoint and perhaps Soldner. No other.

Yes it has lots of bugs there is no denying that. Probably more than others too. But many new games do, and more complex ones would most likely have more still. It is the very nature of PC games that get released early that they will usually be patched. If you wish to have almost bug free games I would turn to consoles, but see if you can get the same level of depth in there which I doubt you will see anytime soon.

BF is still continuing.... iGnitor... Hopefully the next release will have enough modibility to have another project reality mod for it. Then I'd consider it, otherwise, not even going to give it a looksee.

Angel-Of-Death would have been gone already if Placebo was still here sad_o.gif

I think we are eager for a patch because for a lot of people the game has become unplayable for MP.

If we want to play SP we can re-install our 1.04 copies and get the performance we lost back.

For MP you need to stay up to date.

The people who have seen no performance decrease are very lucky, the decrease will be there but you just arent noticing it as it runs good for you anyway.

I was wanting to ask the when question myself but thought it too soon so im glad someone else has broached the subject.

I hope if it is coming it comes pretty soon. Im wasting my time playing arma at the minute..its just too dissapointing with strobing grey buildings sad_o.gif

I'm not going to back what AOD says but I do agree that BIS could have been a bit more organized with ArmA since the first release.

I can deal with the patches/ beta testing, bugs and performance issues but I really wasn't happy with the staggered, country specific release dates and the 505 special edition delaying my patch release.

I'm not sure about everyone else here, but I've been following ArmA progress since the first details were released and I own two copies (morphicon.de dl and amazon.de DVD shipped from the Netherlands). Releasing 505's version with additional goodies and making us wait a week or so for our patch was complete baloney.

I know this may seem like a small gripe but I don't think it's fair to stagger releases and make current owners wait until a publisher has lined their pockets to an acceptable level.

Anyway, this is my only real gripe and I hope I don't get a warning for it because I believe it to be a fair comment.

Other than the above, I love this game so much that I'm doing all I can to learn scripting for ArmA and MP Mission Creation. I think the game shows a lot of promise and what it does, it does exceptionally well.