Sign in to follow this  
Jabbah

Really bad fog?

Just got AA today, and a new GFX card, 8800 GTS 640mb, came to play it and theres really BAD fog at a distance, grey/blue colour, ive got all the latest drivers and what not, Windows XP 64bit, dunno what else to try.

Any suggestions?

how far of a distance? have you tried going to the options and increasing your viewdistance? Things are supposed to fade out to that blue/gray at the edge of your view distance. Experiment with it, set it to 300, then to 3000, and heck, with that card, you could probably go to 10,000. Just experiment and find the settings that you like

Some players say a viewdistance above 4000m wont remove this "end of view fog" any further.

ive tried alot of distances, its all the same, really foggy after about 200m, its really hard to actually to see the enemy, say if your sat on that water tower looking into the town, its all hazy when your looking into it, really anoying sad_o.gif

Have you even tried the search function? I could swear Suma said it was a graphics driver issue and posted a workaround for that not long ago..

yes i searched, setting the HDR to 16 made no impact and made the games FPS drop really low.

Could be a problem with 64 bit os compatible graphics drivers?

a) Use 32 bit xp install instead.

b) Try older graphics driver version (if you can).

c) Sit tight and wait for new nvidia driver.

None are very good solutions but... confused_o.gif .

wish i could try 32bit lol, my sound drivers for it are fubar.

i think i may also have this problem.

i have the view distance set to two km, however i don't think i can see one km when im flying before it goes all hazy. i set all settings to low or disabled, then tried 10000 view distance and no change occured. im running the newest 505 release version, just arrived today.

Computer specs are

Intel Pentium D 3.5Ghz Duel Core

1024mb Ram

Radion X1650 pro 512mb

going to try updating my drivers, but i dnt think it will have a effect.

can someone take a pic of the start screen as its coming onto the island so i can compare.

thanks.

heres 2 ive take

included one with my settings displayed

viewdistance.jpg

i very much doubt that that is 1996 view distance?

settings.jpg

my system is a

Intel Pentium D 3.4Ghz Duel core,

1gb ram

Radeon X1650Pro 512mb got all the latest drivers.

running the 505 release of the game.

thought id and another one with all settings set to low, and the view distance as high as possible.

lowsettings.jpg

not much difference as you can see, and with my rig i should be capable of getting much more than that shouldn't i?

Looking at your screenshots, you have your weather set to stormy/overcast so there will be fog automatically added.

Also, you are in fact looking in the direction of the sun which brings HDR into the fray.

ok done one on a sunny clear day.

editor.jpg

sunny.jpg

same problem, i should be able to see the town of modesta as it is 2km away, where the waypoint is, however i cannot at all can barly see the outline of corazle

Just got AA today, and a new GFX card, 8800 GTS 640mb, came to play it and theres really BAD fog at a distance, grey/blue colour, ive got all the latest drivers and what not, Windows XP 64bit, dunno what else to try.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for this reply that wont bring any solutions, just wanted to say that I have the exact same problem as you. I've got a brand new system E6600, 8800GTX and 32bit Home premium Vista. At least now I know it's not just a unique problem for me.

I've got some pics of it

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8200/armafogyc1.jpg

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/2151/armafog2ih9.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5821/foggirq3.jpg

all posted in an earlier thread on this forum. Very interested in a fix for this problem.

johnwilso.. i dont think you have the issue ... at least.. not as bad...

but it seems that those with 8800 GTS/GTX can have this problem :S ?

Same exact problem as previous posters,

Specs:

Core2Duo E6600

2gb Ram

eVGA 8800gts 640mb running forceware 97.92 drivers.

Windows XP 32bit

View distance slider is basically not effective after 3000 meters. It will still decrease your framerate if you keep going past 3000, even though you cant actually see any further.

Looks like BIS added the effects of Global Warming and what not into the game.. Looks like pollution to me. tounge2.gifrofl.gif

I had the same issues in flashpoint with an nvidia card, it was the cards drivers in the end but you see a grey band where the horizon is and it looks awful, like I said though in the end it was just a graphics card driver that was causing the problem. Maybe try rolling back to an older driver to test it?