Sign in to follow this  
NeMeSiS

Zmod (Crappy Zombie Mod)

Hello guys. I use addon zombi for my campaign. I have taken version 0.55 and little modernized specially for this campaign. When it will be done I'll specify authors. I hope there will be no problems with it.

Hey I haven't checked this thread in a while and I wanted to know if you fixed that lag problem?

The problem I get are these dumb zombies standing around doing nothing, not chasing the humans into open courtyards or into mosy buildings or upstairs; rendering urban fighting very dull and boring with a lot of zombies standing around doing nothing. Also, in MP when you have more than 3 or 4 team mates, the zombies become pretty dumb and don't attack. I played a mission with 3 people (total) for about 1 hour over and over again. Zombies would rush us and it was a blast. But then I expanded our team to 6 people since our friends wanted to join. The zombies didn't attack the same way, some did, but most stood around and formed lines and what not.

Hey I haven't checked this thread in a while and I wanted to know if you fixed that lag problem?

Nope, that can only be done by reverting to .sqs and in that case you might as well use the old version. (I thought about finishing my low-spec version which less features in .sqs for mass zombie assaults but as 5133p39 is working on a .fsm version i decided to do nothing instead). I guess the most efficient way would be a .sqs/.sqf mix but as .fsm will probably turn out more or less the same you can just wait for 5133p39s zombies.

@Sand Flea, although i know what you mean, ive no idea how to fix it. (The low specs version doesnt seem to experience it but ive no idea why).

And for zombies walking upstairs etc: Thats an ArmA problem, not mine, just imagine that zombies are to stiff/clumsy to climb stairs or whatever floats your boat. tounge2.gif

grrrr guys i need someone to help test my mission.. or test it for me. im going to be going for a few weeks after tonight.. PLease somebody who has this.. get xfire, and contact me

mrbean1112

or if you'd prefer to test it on your own or over lan, email me at mrbean1112@yahoo.com.. or pm me

Dead At Dawn - By Mrbean1112

Biohazard & Lunar Corp. Workers

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=826

Zombies

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=789

Mapfact Island

ftp://www.armedassault.info/armad/addons/MAP_SSara_Island_v1_02.rar

SlX_People

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1133

It can be for up to 7 people.. but i just need a few to make sure all scripts are executed.. and to make sure everything goes right. I've done numerous tests on my own, but it is very difficult. If interested, PM me.The mission is optimized for low end computers, so if you are worried about the zombies lagging or anything, don't.

Can some excactly tell me why the ofp zombies work with no lag and the arma zombies work with extreme lag. Because if you ask me we should just port all the scripts for horror pack 3 and be done with this.

How do you make the zombies stronger? i like having multipule hard to kill zombies in my missions i want them to be strong but not too strong to where a nuclear blast wont kill them

Can some excactly tell me why the ofp zombies work with no lag and the arma zombies work with extreme lag. Because if you ask me we should just port all the scripts for horror pack 3 and be done with this.

Well, the last version of the zombie scripts is written in .sqf instead of .sqs, .sqf is faster but has a big downside that instead of lowering the fps it just halts the engine until its done, which apparently doesnt make it useful for heavy stuff.

You can either use an older version, or wait for a new version by 5133p39 (I guess charonos dissapeared, havent seen him in a while), dont have an ETA on that though.

Just porting stuff made by someone else is called stealing btw, and last time i saw him here he was furious at the ArmA AI after a discussion with me and he left the community, so i didnt bother to ask him.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">How do you make the zombies stronger?

unPBO the z's, look in the config.cpp for an armor value, make it higher, rePBO the file. smile_o.gif

thanks but how much would be too high? ive never worked with config files or anything like this im new to it and do you know if it makes a diffrence if the zombies are put togeather in a group or if its better for the cpu if they are individuals? so far ive managed to crash my computer 3 times by getting a bunch of these units to move into a city and destroy all the military units surronding it and the citizens inside

thanks but how much would be too high? ive never worked with config files or anything like this im new to it and do you know if it makes a diffrence if the zombies are put togeather in a group or if its better for the cpu if they are individuals? so far ive managed to crash my computer 3 times by getting a bunch of these units to move into a city and destroy all the military units surronding it and the citizens inside

I guess that putting down individual zombies is faster because the whole squad AI isnt used then.

Changing an armor value is easy, you can find PBO tools on community.bistudio.com , AFAIK the only value that has an effect on these zombies is the 'armor = x;' value, you can open the config.cpp with notepad (not MSword or whatever), just keep adjusting it untill you like it (probably between 15 en 45).

Hey thanks!!! i finally found a program that can edit it so im going to do that now lol but just one question tho will this effect multiplayer gameplay? youve helped me out alot thanks!!!

I *guess* that its not going to matter, i *guess* that damage etc is all handled server side so the server decides when they die, except for the zombies in your squad which would be local to you. (But who plays with zombies in his squad anyway?)

Make sure that the server doesnt check for changed .pbo's though wink_o.gif

thanks!!! oh hey i always wondered why the sounds all played at once but could this be the reason?

i think 0.05 is the time until the sound is emitted right? like a countdown kind of thing? and i dont mean to point out the obvious but havent you noticed that the noises are loud for zombies how would i lower the volume?

{"hitSound1", 0.05, "hitSound2", 0.05, "hitSound3", 0.05, "hitSound4", 0.05, "hitSound5", 0.05, "hitSound6", 0.05, "hitSound7", 0.05}

Hitsounds are the sounds the zombies make when they are hit, AFAIK those are default BI values, if you scroll down you will see specific zombie sounds (under 'class CfgSounds' ) and some of the numbers there are decibel values, but i dont know the exact details about that, feel free to experiment with it. wink_o.gif

Do i have to change the armor value for each and every single line that states armor? wow this is going to take awhile

Ofpforum the only feature I really want is for people to come back after they've been killed by zombies. (I know this is in the new version)But the only reason I don't download the old version (Which has no lag) is because this feature isn't in it so I was wondering if you could put in a "czm lite version" which has the old zombies except it has people being able to come back, I would really appreciate that thanks

That would be great, because I'm still waiting before I put zombies in one of regular missions to pump up adrenaline of my team smile_o.gif i really don't need the "infection" script with it...

I dont think you would want one of the first czm's that came out since the scripts have changed soo much and have been cleaned up for better performance i would assume

Actually the first CZM had better performance it just that the zeds couldn't tell the difference between soldiers and helos so you would often see dozens of zombies running for miles chasing after a helo.

HI and big thank for your mod smile_o.gif

i'v may be an idea, to link all missions that use Zombie Mod ?

in the first page..

Actually the first CZM had better performance it just that the zeds couldn't tell the difference between soldiers and helos so you would often see dozens of zombies running for miles chasing after a helo.

The Helo factor isn't a problem. I just want the original for the no lag factor.

I'd also like to have an older version without the lag.

And spawn points... but I imagine I can do that myself somehow. If anybody knows how to make units spawn, just something simple... like if you're within range of a trigger, I'd love to know how.

Quote[/b] ]I'd also like to have an older version without the lag.

And spawn points... but I imagine I can do that myself somehow. If anybody knows how to make units spawn, just something simple... like if you're within range of a trigger, I'd love to know how.

Im with you on that if you can tell me when you figure out that would be really cool and i did not know that the other ones were much faster i assumed these had better performance thanks for the info and do you know why its soo laggy with these? do you think it might be the .ogg sounds

Quote[/b] ]I'd also like to have an older version without the lag.

Im with you on that if you can tell me when you figure out that would be really cool and i did not know that the other ones were much faster i assumed these had better performance thanks for the info and do you know why its soo laggy with these? do you think it might be the .ogg sounds

No like i said: Its the .sqf scripts, they are faster *but* instead of lowering the fps they halt the engine until done calculating which is the 'lag' everyone is experiencing. Apparently .sqf isnt that useful for CPU heavy stuff like zombies.

I guess that a .sqs with some .sqf functions tied into it would give the best results but i cant be bothered to do all that to be honest.

I still have the last .sqs version i worked on, it misses all the nice features the last CZM had (slow zombies, infection, ...), and only has a very basic resurrection and sounds.

I looked at what Charonos did and it seems like he had some pretty nice tricks but i dont fully understand them and cant integrate them in an older version.

If i can be bothered to redo the configs today you will get all the zombies,and if not i just release the first 4 basic zombie models from the first version and anyone is then free to release an updated config with more models. (Yeah im lazy, but the last version works usually fine on my PC anyway and im currently working on something else anyway tounge2.gif )

(Ill release it as another version though, a different PBO so the old and the new zombies can be used at the same time and a decent mission editor can have the best of both)