Sign in to follow this  
RN Malboeuf

Liberation 1941-1945: Patch 1.08

Compared to the bis ones, yes but with them you could shoot a fly 4 kilometers away with a pistol tounge2.gif , nevertheless, the only thing that really bothers me is that the static mgs are accurate, once they start shooting at you, you know you're dead.

Quote[/b] ]only thing that really bothers me is that the static mgs are accurate, once they start shooting at you

there are way to make them miss - use setdammage -6 or so wink_o.gif

HAHA, 6 would be a bit overkill biggrin_o.gif , rounds flying all over the place, but i meant static MGs, the maxim, DShK and tripod mg34.

Theres a script available Joffre257 made a while ago for a D-Day mission which makes the mg shoot randomly within its line of fire or a "kill zone" the kill zone which was marked by a trigger. heres a link to the thread on the ofp.info forums, you may have to pm Joffre in order to get the MG script demo mission as the link appears to be broken/down:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/forum/index.php?showtopic=25928

Quote[/b] ]but i meant static MGs, the maxim, DShK and tripod mg34.

T&E Mechanism + Tripod = Very accurate automatic weapon, mate. The Germans were also focused on the machinegun to the extent that often a lance corporal or similar would be the primary gunner for the weapon and be of substantial skill.

That is true. I used to be a M60 machine gunner (and was a trainer on the .50 cal Browning M2 HMG) and they definitely are extremely accurate on a tripod with a T&E (Traverse and Elevation) mechanism. The only downside to the T&E is that its not very fast to use and you have to pop it off quickly if you start engaging infantry at close range. Even then however, they are still deadly accurate. On the M60 I was able to hit 800 meter targets without any iron sights. I just had help from an assistant gunner who spotted my tracer rounds with binoculars and helped me adjust my fire. However at 600 meters, yeah, a target was always nailed with deadly accuracy.

In OFP however, what is not accurate is MG gunners firing from the shoulder, standing up and hitting with high accuracy. That is why a little more HD effect on them is good. For sub machine guns however, definitely they need high HD settings.

However if the mod is happy with such settings (which I found to be of little difference in-game compared to BIS settings), then oh well. So be it. I was just putting forth some constructive criticism from the perspective of a mission maker and a former soldier.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Quote[/b] ]In OFP however, what is not accurate is MG gunners firing from the shoulder, standing up and hitting with high accuracy.

there's more dispersion caused by recoil in stand position imho smile_o.gif also check out mg's anim in libmod - it's not "from the shoulder" wink_o.gif

Anyway I see your request and you were pointed for some ways to get it in the mission.

Oh yeah, I forgot they had custom animations. Its been a while since I fired up the mod as I still need to transfer it over to my new computer.

As for the ways of getting the effect into missions, I will look into that to see if that is workable for a wide variety of weapons. But if not, not biggie. I will still enjoy the mod greatly and see this mod as one of the most ambitioius and coolest WWII mods out there.

Keep up the awesome work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I've never had a problem with weapon dispersions. Riflemen nail me if I do something stupid and stay upright too long. Submachinegunners only get dangerous within a hundred fifty meters or so, and the squad machinegunners get shot first for a reason.

It's definately playable so long as you don't go charging about thinking that reenacting certain scenes from "Enemy at the Gates" is a good idea. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]is there any chance of seeing partisants in the future? They often played a great role on the Eastern Front, especially in the Balkan/Ukrainian regions.

no. I know partisans missions can be the most playble in OFP (remember resistence ), but there won't be any new units for OFP. there're nobody who have time/willing to make it. just like civillian models etc.

Okays im just so curious i just watched the projects at lib site and i was amazed. So good looking 4x4 scout cars and all. Are you planning to release them to OFP?

Im just wondering IF theres an future update/patch for ofp and only IF then would you mind adding a scout car or 4x4 car to the russian side , as an opposite to german kubelwagen.

I must link this page because its info was so compherensive and useful So take a look please.

I hope that helps you guys and good luck.

Okays im just so curious i just watched the projects at lib site and i was amazed. So good looking 4x4 scout cars and all. Are you planning to release them to OFP?

all of the projects listed there either finished either stopped. there's ba-20 in 1.07 patch i wonder what else could you see...

This has probably been brought up, not sure. Whenever I go into the Liberation mod Island, the shadows of any objects turn solid black in first person sometimes. I checked the objects themselves, and that doesn't seem to be it. Any reason why? Or could it be my video card?

Whenever I go into the Liberation mod Island, the shadows of any objects turn solid black in first person sometimes.

Publish the screenshot please.

i have the same problem with the shadows.

but what about 1.9? any progress report? smile_o.gif

This is my favorite mod !

But I want to suggest a few things:

silenced nagant revolver ( used by NKVD )

Korovin TK ( also used by NKVD and given to high ranking officers )

Scoped Svt 40 ( Svt was also used as a sniper rifle but was never as popular as mosin nagant)

all of the projects listed there either finished either stopped. there's ba-20 in 1.07 patch i wonder what else could you see...

bdfy i was talking about those fine looking GAZ-A and GAZ-67.

But i guess they're not gonna see daylight...

all of the projects listed there either finished either stopped. there's ba-20 in 1.07 patch i wonder  what else could you see...

bdfy i was talking about those fine looking GAZ-A and GAZ-67.

But i guess they're not gonna see daylight...

yep. though there's another gaz-67 available

http://kbsh.narod.ru/flashpoint.html

can't say whether it's included into compLib addons

Patch will be released no later then Tuesday. There were delays again (we are adding camo nets addon to the release), but shouldn't take any longer. Track our site for the news , my friends smile_o.gif

Patch will be released no later then Tuesday. There were delays again (we are adding camo nets addon to the release),  but shouldn't take any longer. Track our site for the news , my friends smile_o.gif

Ah well extra content is worth any delay. And most of us don't speak russia and the google translator sucks.

Every thing from you guys is top of the line quality btw.

Quote[/b] ] And most of us don't speak russia and the google translator sucks.

i know smile_o.gif patch 1.09 news will be in two languages wink_o.gif