Sign in to follow this  
RN Malboeuf

Liberation 1941-1945: Patch 1.08

there won't be any trenches - too buggy in OFP. Yes, most probably,  bunkers will be available in the editor.

no trenches? ): long time ago u did post some screens of trenches.

only bunkers in the fortification pack? or sandbag walls for at guns or mgs aswell?

what can we expect in this upcoming release? smile_o.gif

is 1.9 the last patch u'll release or are there some more projects planned?

maybe like some winter screnario with nice snow camos for the tanks and units biggrin_o.gif

and please add a tiger 1 tank sad_o.gif i miss this tank so much in your mod.

I agree, it would be incredible to have a Libmod quality Tiger I in game thumbs-up.gif

Tiger wasn't introduced to combat until 1943, and so far all LibMod stuff has been '39-41. So unfortunately I think its unlikely that bdfy will show up and tell us that the Tiger and perhaps the IS-2 will be showing up. As kickass as that would be.

Any new Infantry / light vehicles, like German armoured cars or Mountain Infantry units?

All the same, looking forward to the fortifications and BT-5/7.

Very true, the perfect scenario would in the battle of Kursk, absolutely intense!

I guess I should limit my expectations to being more realistic, but as you said, it would kick ass smile_o.gif

AKM

10x. I'm glad to see that someone listen to me and can answer questions asked every several pages smile_o.gif

You're welcome.

As much as I'd like winter kit, you've also said that won't happen. I'd ask why, but to realistically portray Germans in winter in 1941-42, you would need a tremendous number of models, many of which would probably not work too well with OFP's animations and the like - for instance, those 'Rope coil" over-boots. Probably wouldn't work too well.

Belgerot:

I've been reading some memoirs of German and Russian officers, and contrary to popular belief the Russian withdrawl in 1941, when it wasn't simply unleashing the Panzers on undefended ground, was a very hard-fought affair. One German officer mentioned that "dislocating the Russians into terrain such as marshes and forest proved to be a mistake, as it gave them the advantage of the terrain and these nests of Russians would constantly raid our units, requiring us to block off the forests and thus weakening our combat elements."

Then there's the story of a KV-1 that kicked the crap out of prettymuch everything the Germans had in one sector, until they were able to immobilize it by blowing off a tread with a PaK-35/36, and then slowly work a FlaK-18 (88mm) around to its rear to take it out.

And then there's the "superhuman efforts of the Russian engineers in which they constructed three pontoon bridges in the span of one moonless night, allowing a strong Russian counteroffensive to completely halt progress in this sector for a period of three days."

All great things for mission making. Try setting up a mission where cut off behind the lines, your band of Infantry leaves the forest to raid something and then try to get back to friendly lines. At night - I'd recommend a full moon so you can actually *see,* but it all depends on how new your monitor is. (The old ones tend to be much darker, making it much harder to see things at night. With my new monitor, I am enjoying such missions immensely.)

Can't wait for the next patch(if there WILL be another patch whistle.gif )

emsi_salute.gif

One of the things that would be an important inclusion in any v1.09 patch would be to match the machinegunner's running speed to that of the rifleman's, so that formations aren't broken apart during movement by the MG moving ahead far too quickly.

It's a pain in the ass to have the MG killed off in the first ten seconds of any firefight, especially in WWII where bolt-action rifles are the norm.

Quote[/b] ]One of the things that would be an important inclusion in any v1.09 patch would be to match the machinegunner's running speed

as i said before - if you want it to be fixed - find needed speed parametere yourself. We can't find/fix this bug in the game.

Quote[/b] ]It's a pain in the ass to have the MG killed off in the first ten seconds

It's primary target - thus it always will be killed first wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And then there's the "superhuman efforts of the Russian engineers in which they constructed three pontoon bridges in the span of one moonless night

You can also search for the facts building "underwater" bridge out of GAZ trucks (their cabs were removed) smile_o.gif

what about some more objects like nice barbedwire fences or tents i always missed always ww2 objects in libmod with the quality of your mod

bdfy:

Right, I'll have another look then. It seems that it'd be pretty obvious where this bug is, given that you created the animations and all, but I'll have another go at fixing it.

Yeah, the MG is a high-value target, but when it's fifty meters ahead of the rest of the formation it tends to get taken out a lot faster than if it were in an overwatch position or even with the rest of the formation.

Didn't know about the GAZ truck thing. I do know that at one point the engineers put a pontoon bridge together, then submerged it during the day. About two feet under the surface - it could still be used, but only when the Luftwaffe wasn't flying around.

waiting for 1.9 release thumbs-up.gif

waiting for 1.9 release  thumbs-up.gif

me too smile_o.gif

delayed. several more weeks i guess

but there're good news too smile_o.gif there'll be soviet T60 available.

oh damn small tank^^ but good news yes thumbs-up.gif

hey folks i just have this mod but i love it!

is there any chance of a good weapon and ammo list instead of searching through configs? (like stated 2 pages back)

is there any chance of a good weapon and ammo list instead of searching through configs? (like stated 2 pages back)

there's a good reference but for 1.0 only sad_o.gif there's no chance it'll be updated by the team

EDIT:

no need for it simply open the cfgweapons found in the libmod directory smile_o.gif

I noticed that there is a bit of a lack of Objects in Liberation mod (as in most mods) a while ago when making a mission, there just really arn't many places to take cover in OFP. So anyway I decided to make a few objects for my Liberation mod Mission, so far iv'e created a couple of crater variants using the ECP crater as a basis, a few destroyed vehicles (using the Libmod vehicles as a basis), some burnt/blown up trees and a few barriars and walls here are a couple of pictures :

edex1so0.jpg

edex2zh1.jpg

I also used the FML Horror pack skeleton and added some Libmod things to it, I was thinking of releasing it as an unofficial editor extra addon for Liberation mod once I finish it ( and after I have got permission from the authors of the content that I have used)

I designed alot of these objects to (hopefully) make good cover for the player.

Ooooh that's really nice extra addon. notworthy.gif

Hope that you will get permission from them yay.gif

Hope that you will get permission from them yay.gif

i just don't see any need in permission wink_o.gif

you are always welcome to release anything _you_ made as an addon. compatible with libmod or not.

@bdfy

Quote[/b] ]and after I have got permission from the authors of the content that I have used)

wink_o.gif