Sign in to follow this  
granQ

AK4

ak4.jpg

I am not a guy that makes model, I always made configs and fixed wheels, added details and so on for the Swedish forces pack.. but now since we not around anymore I thought "maybe I learnt something during all this years poking around in o2".. so this is what I made..

I am very much aware its not the super quality of ArmA.. however, if I get "The_Shadow" with me on this one, it will be released as open source (use his photos as base for the textures). Hopefully someone has some use of it. Some parts still left to get proper textures and the aimpoint looks shity right now.. might leave it like that.

With sasyboy's release of the Sa80 in Open source and later on this, I hope we can start a new trend in arma editing, when its allowed to import, export, report.. whatever. To any game, mod without asking premission...

How many polygons is it?

Abs

In O2 it report 1702 points and 1630 faces

great work keep it going smile_o.gif The Estonian army also uses used Swedish Ak4-s. You kind of inspired me and now im considering if i might make one myself.

well Lithuania's army also uses AK-4s, which were given to us by Swedens smile_o.gif AK-4s replaced AK-47,AKMS and other Kalashnikov mods. This decision is strange, because AK-4s are heavier, has only 20 bullet magazines and other things.

But eh, whatever, now we use NATO weapons biggrin_o.gif As i remember holding AK-4 in my hands it was all of metal smile_o.gif AK-47s had some wood at least biggrin_o.gif

And my most favorite "gun" made by Swedes is Carl-Gustaf M3 84mm.

Been making it for OFP 2 times, but sadly i lost model :/

left only first CGM3, which is far from perfection sad_o.gif Oh, maybe I'll be making it 3rd time icon_rolleyes.gif

Guess you guys using them without the aimpoint and only with ironsight, what colors? Can you provide some photos I wouldnt mind try make several versions. You guys replaced the S,P, A (swedish for safe, singel, auto)

Quote[/b] ]This decision is strange, because AK-4s are heavier, has only 20 bullet magazines and other things.

I don't want to start a discussion about weapons but...

The G3 is much more accurate, more reliable and more multifunctional than the AK47. These are my personal experiences with the weapons.

So far about this...

What i actually wanted to post is a link to a german site with some nice detailpics of the G3

http://www.bimbel.de/artikel/artikel-12.html

There you also have good info about the rifle.

For en svensk läse och förstår Tysk skal ikke vaere vanskelig...

Automat karbin = automatic carbin number 4.

Unlike many nations the swedes use a very logic number and letters..

M2A2,M249, M1A1, M1 Grand.. now is that confusing? wink_o.gif

In sweden:

Strv122 == Is a leo but the name means "stridsvagn 122" == "Mainbattle tank 120 mm tank type 2", Strv121 was the first tank with 120 mm..

Strf,stridsfordon = IFV.

and so on..

For weapons there is bascily 3 types.

KSP, kulspruta = machine gun. The m240 is known as KSP 58, (this reflect the year Sweden started using it.. kinda), and M249 is KSP 90.

AK 5, is the current one, a FN FNC.

PSG, Prickskyttegevär = siper rifle. Current one is PSG 90.

AG = Automatic rifle, this mostly for anti material weapons.

There is ofcourse more, but unless you ask for it i wont fill the thread with "military geek information" smile_o.gif

Automat karbin = automatic carbin number 4.

Unlike many nations the swedes use a very logic number and letters..

M2A2,M249, M1A1, M1 Grand.. now is that confusing? wink_o.gif

Thank you. I suspected it was something like that.

Other systems are only confusing if you don't use them

correctly. For example it's "Rifle Caliber .30 M1" not "M1

Grand [sic]". NATO (and British Commonwealth) countries

also use NSNs of course which remove all confusion.

ak4_2.jpg

Update.

Well some progress, alot of stuff left. First of all I wish to learn about shaders and get that part working, later on I will update the config, now it uses a 5.56 mag instead of 7.62..

You can download the addon, (alpha, not proper release yet), with the included psd file for textures.

I am looking forward to constantly improve this model and learn more advance stuff. This is my first true weapon model I ever made.

Other plans in the future is to add plain ironsights and improve the model futher.

RC_Ak4.zip 9 mb

He didn't quote any pictures...

ok granQ... some feedback....

most of it im pretty sure you know about but anyway....

the weapon itself looks good, much better in game then on the screen..

however...

the aimpoint model can probably be a bit upgraded, remember that arma can handle quite complex models...

it doesnt have any kind of recoil...

the weapon feels a bit "narrow" (like in thin) in 1st person view..

some of the textures are mirrored, and maybe thats my fault... can probably fix more photos of the needed areas....

some textures are stitched, wich to me looks a bit strange...

most of these things are nothing that the "common user" reacts to though....

if you need more help feel free to ask me, though i work on weeks and are to damn tired to do anything when i get home.. so i might only be able to help you on weekends (if im home that is)

now i must urge everyone else that tries this addon to give some comments.... remember, all comments (exept maybe "this rocks" or "this sucks" helps).

so when you do, try to explain what is good or bad