Sign in to follow this  
Clavicula_nox4817

3rd Infantry Division DCU

Ok, i see what you mean now.  I plan on using a Colonel SandersLite replacement pack with what you create.  So, I am thinking the default soldiers would work best, that way Sanders can easily replace the old BIS units with the 3rd Inf units from your new Add-On (3rd with digital camo).

Well, I thought about it and if he's already working on something it would be best for me not to start soemthing. This is because, no matter what, I'm going to have to change filenames otherwise it will just overwrite the desert uniforms.

All Colonel Sanders pack does is tell Arma to use your add-on pack for the BIS defaults.  Without your pack, it wont work.  Just put the soldier filenames to whatever you want, because Sanders will use his add-on to morf them to the BIS default without actually changing the original Arma files.  If you just make this add-on (with digital camo) like your first 3rd Inf add-on, thenSanders' add-on will do the rest of the work.

I know how it works, but if he is writing for something called:

"3rdinfdesert.pbo" It's only going to work for that file. I'm not going to create a pack that overwrites that filename, hence, the filename would be different. Understand what I mean?

*edit*

I can't do it right now, anyways, I have something going on.

Yes, I see what you mean. You bring up a good point.

I am of the understanding that ColonelSanders is in "stand-by" mode to create the Replacement Add-On until you complete the digital camo version of the 3rd Infantry units. Thats why I was trying to explain that you could name it anything you wanted. He (Colonel Sanders) isnt going to start his add-on until you are done with yours. Of course I could be misunderstanding Colonel Sanders, and if so, I do apologize. sad_o.gif

Again, I would like to thank you and Colonel Sanders for your excellent work on these add-ons. notworthy.gif

I am of the understanding that ColonelSanders is in "stand-by" mode to create the Replacement Add-On until you complete the digital camo version of the 3rd Infantry units.

Nah, I'll go ahead and release a replacement pack for what's currently done, then just add to it or update it or whatever when other versions, like the digital camo, come around. It would be done by now, except that I just haven't gotten around to making the time to do it. I will sometime in the next few days though.

I am of the understanding that ColonelSanders is in "stand-by" mode to create the Replacement Add-On until you complete the digital camo version of the 3rd Infantry units.

Nah, I'll go ahead and release a replacement pack for what's currently done, then just add to it or update it or whatever when other versions, like the digital camo, come around.  It would be done by now, except that I just haven't gotten around to making the time to do it.  I will sometime in the next few days though.

Thank you, sir. biggrin_o.gif

Colonelsanderslite, how's the replacement pack coming along? I've searched but can't seem to find it huh.gif

Uhm... Oops...

I got preoccupied putting together the my little arma page. See my sig for that.

It's done now though, and I'll put together the replacement pack very soon as promised.

Great site BTW!

Not overdone with lot of blah blah... but just the important infos and files!

I downloaded almost everything from it. What is missing is the info about you replacement config for Cameron McDonald's ACU units. (I already have it, but maybe someone else wants to get it too.)

And I still hope to see a replacement config for Skaven's new RACS on your site wink_o.gif

I don't want to get off topic here, but did you click "addons" on the nav bar? It should be the last on that page, since it was the first addon I released. The main page only displays the 5 newest items.

Hey ColonelSandersLite,

How is your Replacement pack for these units coming along?

Could you update these with the new SF helmets please? That'd be SO awesome, I love these units but I don't like the fact that they don't have the new helmets :/

Waiting for the replacement pack! The 3 color desert cammo and the proctec helmets are gonna look bad ass!

Could you update these with the new SF helmets please? That'd be SO awesome, I love these units but I don't like the fact that they don't have the new helmets :/

Last time I checked, the 3ID have never worn Protech helmets, so unless both of you are referring to the Special Forces units, giving all the infantry Protechs would look gay in a very large way.

Last time I checked, the 3ID have never worn Protech helmets, so unless both of you are referring to the Special Forces units, giving all the infantry Protechs would look gay in a very large way.

Last time I checked... The DCU pattern was no longer in use amongst US Army units, as they have since phased it out. Of course the US Airforce continues to use said pattern. Or am I wrong here, Cam?

My knowledge is severly limited, mate. I served in the Corps and I really don't keep up with the other branches uniform specs.

Only the SF troopers have it.. Didnt you try out 1.08 yet?

Only the SF troopers have it.. Didnt you try out 1.08 yet?

What?! I haven't seen any uniform changes when it concerns the 1.08 patch.

EDIT -And what exactly is the context of your post? Or was it directed at me?

OK, let's straighten things out here.

Quote[/b] ]Last time I checked... The DCU pattern was no longer in use amongst US Army units, as they have since phased it out. Of course the US Airforce continues to use said pattern. Or am I wrong here, Cam?

My knowledge is severly limited, mate. I served in the Corps and I really don't keep up with the other branches uniform specs.

They don't - it's ACUs all the way nowadays. This addon has them in desert DCUs, however, to represent late 90's/early 00's units, however.

I was simply saying to zootia and p0intbl4nk that only the SF troops would be wearing Protechs, the regular infantry would never be caught dead in them. And yes, I've seen the Protechs, much rejoicing, etc etc.

I was saying that since 1.08 the SF guys have Pro-tech helmets, it would be cool to see them in DCU instead of ACU. The whole black hawk down OmFg D3lt4! thing

Black vests too, then we can see some nice BHD-Style missions eh thumbs-up.gif

Yeah, I only meant could you redo the SF guys with the new helmets, not the Riflemen, AT, etc.

That'd be so badass thumbs-up.gif

really love this mod, but it doesnt show my squad logo on the left arm for some reason, i tried everything, it works on other unit textures. got a clue why?

Yeah, I only meant could you redo the SF guys with the new helmets, not the Riflemen, AT, etc.

That'd be so badass thumbs-up.gif

No, I think those helmets are lame.

Quote[/b] ]really love this mod, but it doesnt show my squad logo on the left arm for some reason, i tried everything, it works on other unit textures. got a clue why?

Nope, no clue whatsoever...sorry. I don't play multiplayer, and have no idea how to do that.

=- @ July 30 2007,19:01)]really love this mod, but it doesnt show my squad logo on the left arm for some reason, i tried everything, it works on other unit textures. got a clue why?

I think these units might use old infantry models.

Squad logos weren't introduced onto the human models until one of the later patches (1.07 beta I think) so these units may not have the necessary selections.

=- @ July 30 2007,19:01)]really love this mod, but it doesnt show my squad logo on the left arm for some reason, i tried everything, it works on other unit textures. got a clue why?

I think these units might use old infantry models.

Squad logos weren't introduced onto the human models until one of the later patches (1.07 beta I think) so these units may not have the necessary selections.

oh that sucks, those textures are my favourite, but without squad logo? hmm no, is there a chance to add the textures to the newer models?